User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Chandler's type?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

19 70.37%
  • ESFP

8 29.63%
First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Although I wrote this in sort of a more emotional state. I don't need to be soothed as much as I thought then. Actually, I can kind of get annoyed when someone tries to be too sweet with me and calming with me. Sometimes I just like to be fired up. I guess there isn't exactly one single "ideal" for me because in different situations I might want different things. But yeah, generally I'd like to find someone who'd be like "don't worry, *logical view of how things would play out here*" when I get nervous. Hmm, this was a harder question than I thought it would be. But that quote is the closest thing as of now. Also, in the last sentence I didn't necessarily mean spontaneous, just someone willing to try new things I suggest haha.
    By golly, evidence is rising that we are indeed meant to be. If only you were not such a Kelly Clarkson fan...

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    PS I love you

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Isn't 58 in ENFP/INFJ also pretty high?
    Yes, so you must be an INFJ then.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Well, one thing I found intriguing during my studies was to see that Jung thought sensors and intuitors pair up quite naturally.

A few attributes you've identified in yourself I corroborate with intuition, and the parts of another you seek, sensing. It could probably work to swap the functions with feeling and thinking, respectively, but it's all the same.

Beyond that little formulaic reasoning, there are things like this, "I also need someone with more rational and level-headed as I can get very emotional and invested in things easily." that corroborate your type with intuition over sensing.
    How does the bolded part indicate intuition over sensing?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    How does the bolded part indicate intuition over sensing?
    "though he may have sworn them off by the morrow", and other similar phrases by Jung. I took that to mean they soon recognize the folly in the object they once claimed dear.

See, I think of intuition as mental proclivity, not capability. It is the proclivity of intuitors to strive for more,to take things further, to obtain what is not had.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"though he may have sworn them off by the morrow", and other similar phrases by Jung. I took that to mean they soon recognize the folly in the object they once claimed dear.

See, I think of intuition as mental proclivity, not capability. It is the proclivity of intuitors to strive for more,to take things further, to obtain what is not had.
    While I certainly wouldn't dispute your knowledge of Jung, the question to me is not so much the way intuition is interpreted, but the types of "things" that are easily invested in. For the ESFP, those things will be realistic, for the ENFP, idealistic.

WALMART

While I certainly wouldn't dispute your knowledge of Jung, the question to me is not so much the way intuition is interpreted, but the types of "things" that are easily invested in. For the ESFP, those things will be realistic, for the ENFP, idealistic.
    Hmm. Would you consider Socrates to have been concerned with the realm of ideals?

Yes, the ENFP will engage their ideals with greater habituality than the ESFP. Do you know if Jung's postulation of MLK being ESFJ is to any degree truthful?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Hmm. Would you consider Socrates to have been concerned with the realm of ideals?
    Socrates didn't leave behind any writings. According to his student Plato, he was very much an idealist. But that depends on the real Socrates and not the one portrayed by his obviously idealistic student. In other words, Plato's Socrates was an idealist.

Yes, the ENFP will engage their ideals with greater habituality than the ESFP. Do you know if Jung's postulation of MLK being ESFJ is to any degree truthful?
    Do you mean MLK, Jr? I haven't seen anything about that.

WALMART

Socrates didn't leave behind any writings. According to his student Plato, he was very much an idealist. But that depends on the real Socrates and not the one portrayed by his obviously idealistic student. In other words, Plato's Socrates was an idealist.
    The cut of the jib, then. Plato and Socrates are the variance between two penetrating irrationals of differing temperments, though Plato is maybe closer to a rational type by the bulk of his writings.

Do you mean MLK, Jr? I haven't seen anything about that.
    Yes, Jr. I'll get back to you when I've verified this was Jung's designation.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The cut of the jib, then. Plato and Socrates are the variance between two penetrating irrationals of differing temperments, though Plato is maybe closer to a rational type by the bulk of his writings.

Yes, Jr. I'll get back to you when I've verified this was Jung's designation.
    Considering that MLK, Jr. was focused on society as a whole, I lean more towards the more idealistic ENFJ. The ESFJ as a type does not think in such broad terms.

WALMART

Considering that MLK, Jr. was focused on society as a whole, I lean more towards the more idealistic ENFJ. The ESFJ as a type does not think in such broad terms.
    Well, considering MLK Jr was living black in such an oppressive society... such as Jung said, intuition is important in that respect for all people, to recognize injustice. That differs from an intuitive type.