User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Chandler's type?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

    19 70.37%
  • ESFP

    8 29.63%
First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 146

  1. #51
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    *bump* Because I'm still interested in hearing what other people have to say. TALK ABOUT ME MORE PEOPLE.
    ESFP
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #52
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    ESFP
    Why?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  3. #53
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Why?
    61 in the ESFP category is a very high score.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #54
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    61 in the ESFP category is a very high score.
    Isn't 58 in ENFP/INFJ also pretty high?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  5. #55
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Come on over baby!

    /runs to my blog

    Although I wrote this in sort of a more emotional state. I don't need to be soothed as much as I thought then. Actually, I can kind of get annoyed when someone tries to be too sweet with me and calming with me. Sometimes I just like to be fired up. I guess there isn't exactly one single "ideal" for me because in different situations I might want different things. But yeah, generally I'd like to find someone who'd be like "don't worry, *logical view of how things would play out here*" when I get nervous. Hmm, this was a harder question than I thought it would be. But that quote is the closest thing as of now. Also, in the last sentence I didn't necessarily mean spontaneous, just someone willing to try new things I suggest haha.
    *strokes beard*

    I don't doubt ENFP much at all.

  6. #56
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    *strokes beard*

    I don't doubt ENFP much at all.
    What makes you say that?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    he said he could see it but ENFP is probably more likely because I'm less realistic/pragmatic, more "in my head," and less visceral which are characteristics more attributed to N than S.
    I've debated N/S before about myself so I'm going to respond hehe So maybe it can help... OK, so about this point, I'm realistic and pragmatic pretty much and always been visceral.


    Anyway, I've started to think about it and have been entertaining the idea of being ESFP. What I loved about the ENFP online descriptions (which I know aren't that credible but I still enjoyed reading them) is that they can be really optimistic about the future, which I am, because of their ability to see possibilities for almost anything. But I'm starting to wonder if I can actually see these possibilities and instead just naturally believe positive outcomes are possible for anyone or anything.
    Would a Ne-dom get unsure if they actually see possibilities?! This one can point towards Se.

    Me, I don't really think of possibilities, just have the expectation that it's worth going ahead.


    Another thing that got me thinking that I could be ESFP over ENFP is my fascination with the aesthetics of the earth's natural beauty. I actually really enjoy taking in beautiful sights. That's one of the reasons I want to explore the world and see so many parts of it. I was always drawn to the ocean and the beach, and I remember explaining it to someone it was more beauty-oriented than what it could be used for, more of an appreciation for what it naturally was than an appreciation for what it could be
    I'm told this can be inferior S too

    Though sure I can have such moments too


    I also was under the false impression that Se-doms were so attuned to their environment that they could not possibly be a total klutz like I was. I'm a bull in a china shop, I kind of lack this awareness of the physical presence around me, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm not aware because I just really don't care. I associated me being klutzy with being S-inferior. I also probably am klutzy when I'm making a move because I'm aware of what else is around me to make less trouble (aka I just go for a bowl in the lower cabinet and grab it, pulling it over lots and lots of other bowls, instead of realizing it's on a table I can pull out and pulling out the table to grab the bowl without much resistance). When I want to appreciate what's around me I can totally turn it on. Although I feel like I suck at mapping out details which seems more ESP to me. I'm totally sloppy and just go for the general idea when explaining something unless I really actually care about it.
    Er well the bowl example, I would never do it your way, exactly because I have awareness of what things are around me, including the table.

    I also don't always care about the physical stuff around me, e.g. when nothing is happening, so I start reading or think about shit, but I retain a certain level of awareness that's enough to keep the ability to respond when something starts happening .


    Oh and many people tell me I learn concepts easily compared to most, I don't know what it means but I feel like it could be worth mentioning.
    I learn them easily too but I have a feeling that if I was Ne-dom I would have even more affinity to learning concepts


    Oh thank god I just remembered this. Anyway, another thing that got me thinking ESFP>ENFP was when I was talking with my ENFJ bestie. We were talking about our differing tastes in music. she said she liked music that made her "think" more while I liked music that made me "feel" more. so basically she liked music with compelling lyrics and multiple meanings that could be interpreted. she focused more on beat and lyrics. My focus is entirely vocal. I noticed that the music she was playing had really boring-sounding singers. I think AA made a good point about my music taste indicated S>N but just for the wrong reason. I like a good voice behind my music, Kelly Clarkson, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, etc. I actually don't really pay attention to lyrics that much. I told my friend I probably focus on voice so much because of what we learned in physics class about how you can physically feel certain emotions if you have the capacity to hit notes the right way (I forgot what my teacher said specifically though). It made sense for me, because I pretty much don't care at all how profound a song can be. If there's no emotion or passion in the voice, then I won't like it. I like hearing passion and raw emotion behind my singers. I don't know if I can properly describe it but that's what I get from the kind of singers I listen to. I don't really like when people just sing in a very monotone way and don't do anything special with their voice. There's no flair or passion for the song there. I dunno, I just can't feel the heart in it. Anyway I'm probably sounding elitist here. Donedonedone.
    As for the bolded - can you remember what he said, I mean your teacher, pretty please. !!!

    Anyway that fact that you immediately connected the fact of your music preference to a theory indicates N ;P

    I do relate btw, I like music that makes me "feel" more.


    Also I feel like I'm thinking I could be an s due to my experience of seeing so many fucking Ns on here I just can't understand how there aren't as many Ss since they're supposedly statistically more common.
    Yep some mistyping going on for sure.


    ...On the whole, assuming I'm a good Se-dom example to compare to, you sound ENFP to me

  8. #58
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    What makes you say that?
    Well, one thing I found intriguing during my studies was to see that Jung thought sensors and intuitors pair up quite naturally.

    A few attributes you've identified in yourself I corroborate with intuition, and the parts of another you seek, sensing. It could probably work to swap the functions with feeling and thinking, respectively, but it's all the same.

    Beyond that little formulaic reasoning, there are things like this, "I also need someone with more rational and level-headed as I can get very emotional and invested in things easily." that corroborate your type with intuition over sensing.

  9. #59
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Yep some mistyping going on for sure.
    Orly_owl.jpg

  10. #60
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Nay I was just reading your post again and I had some followup thoughts.

    For one, I think your enneatype can probably account for a fair degree of your feeling-somewhat-ESFP-ness. 7 entails a degree of realism and practicality, despite its scattered volatility and big dreaming. 7s are resourceful and attuned to real-world opportunity, as well as harboring the optimistic quality of being able to appreciate what does exist, perhaps generally more than other N types. N 7s seem to see the possibility inherent in the current situation, whereas other Ns may have a harder time seeing the good without picturing change first. 6 also gives a dose of reality and steadiness that is more reminiscent of S than N.

    Your appreciation of the ocean sounds very NF, an appreciation of its inherent value and beauty. I'm sure an SF could feel this too but the SF process would seem to link less to inherent worth and then appreciation, and more just directly to appreciation, if that makes sense. The way you put it is quite idealized. It seems holistic and is focused on why it's perfect.

    You mentioned your ENFJ being more into lyrical analysis and you more into feeling, but I think that's more a reflection of Ni versus Fi rather than N versus S. Lyrics can be interesting but far more of the gravity and meaning for me comes from the feeling in the music, too.

    I also question the "preponderance" of Ss. S and N seem pretty well balanced IRL to me. Supposedly MBTI statistics have SJs at some nutty percentage like 40%, and Ss at 75%, and I really, really doubt all of that. Reeks of N special snowflake issues to me.

    PS I love you

Similar Threads

  1. What type of human are you?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 11:17 PM
  2. What type of metaphor is MBTI?
    By Mole in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 07:27 AM
  3. typologicals unite - what type of humor is this?
    By velocity in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 08:28 PM
  4. What type of drunk are you?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 04:56 PM
  5. What type of results to you aim for?
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO