• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type of EFP is Chanaynay?

What is Chandler's type?

• Total voters

Nicodemus

Although I wrote this in sort of a more emotional state. I don't need to be soothed as much as I thought then. Actually, I can kind of get annoyed when someone tries to be too sweet with me and calming with me. Sometimes I just like to be fired up. :alttongue: I guess there isn't exactly one single "ideal" for me because in different situations I might want different things. But yeah, generally I'd like to find someone who'd be like "don't worry, *logical view of how things would play out here*" when I get nervous. Hmm, this was a harder question than I thought it would be. But that quote is the closest thing as of now. Also, in the last sentence I didn't necessarily mean spontaneous, just someone willing to try new things I suggest haha.
By golly, evidence is rising that we are indeed meant to be. If only you were not such a Kelly Clarkson fan...

PS I love you ;)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, one thing I found intriguing during my studies was to see that Jung thought sensors and intuitors pair up quite naturally.

A few attributes you've identified in yourself I corroborate with intuition, and the parts of another you seek, sensing. It could probably work to swap the functions with feeling and thinking, respectively, but it's all the same.

Beyond that little formulaic reasoning, there are things like this, "I also need someone with more rational and level-headed as I can get very emotional and invested in things easily." that corroborate your type with intuition over sensing.

How does the bolded part indicate intuition over sensing?

W

WALMART

How does the bolded part indicate intuition over sensing?

"though he may have sworn them off by the morrow", and other similar phrases by Jung. I took that to mean they soon recognize the folly in the object they once claimed dear.

See, I think of intuition as mental proclivity, not capability. It is the proclivity of intuitors to strive for more,to take things further, to obtain what is not had.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"though he may have sworn them off by the morrow", and other similar phrases by Jung. I took that to mean they soon recognize the folly in the object they once claimed dear.

See, I think of intuition as mental proclivity, not capability. It is the proclivity of intuitors to strive for more,to take things further, to obtain what is not had.

While I certainly wouldn't dispute your knowledge of Jung, the question to me is not so much the way intuition is interpreted, but the types of "things" that are easily invested in. For the ESFP, those things will be realistic, for the ENFP, idealistic.

W

WALMART

While I certainly wouldn't dispute your knowledge of Jung, the question to me is not so much the way intuition is interpreted, but the types of "things" that are easily invested in. For the ESFP, those things will be realistic, for the ENFP, idealistic.

Hmm. Would you consider Socrates to have been concerned with the realm of ideals?

Yes, the ENFP will engage their ideals with greater habituality than the ESFP. Do you know if Jung's postulation of MLK being ESFJ is to any degree truthful?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. Would you consider Socrates to have been concerned with the realm of ideals?

Socrates didn't leave behind any writings. According to his student Plato, he was very much an idealist. But that depends on the real Socrates and not the one portrayed by his obviously idealistic student. In other words, Plato's Socrates was an idealist.

Yes, the ENFP will engage their ideals with greater habituality than the ESFP. Do you know if Jung's postulation of MLK being ESFJ is to any degree truthful?

Do you mean MLK, Jr? I haven't seen anything about that.

W

WALMART

Socrates didn't leave behind any writings. According to his student Plato, he was very much an idealist. But that depends on the real Socrates and not the one portrayed by his obviously idealistic student. In other words, Plato's Socrates was an idealist.

The cut of the jib, then. Plato and Socrates are the variance between two penetrating irrationals of differing temperments, though Plato is maybe closer to a rational type by the bulk of his writings.

Do you mean MLK, Jr? I haven't seen anything about that.

Yes, Jr. I'll get back to you when I've verified this was Jung's designation.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The cut of the jib, then. Plato and Socrates are the variance between two penetrating irrationals of differing temperments, though Plato is maybe closer to a rational type by the bulk of his writings.

Yes, Jr. I'll get back to you when I've verified this was Jung's designation.

Considering that MLK, Jr. was focused on society as a whole, I lean more towards the more idealistic ENFJ. The ESFJ as a type does not think in such broad terms.

W

WALMART

Considering that MLK, Jr. was focused on society as a whole, I lean more towards the more idealistic ENFJ. The ESFJ as a type does not think in such broad terms.

Well, considering MLK Jr was living black in such an oppressive society... such as Jung said, intuition is important in that respect for all people, to recognize injustice. That differs from an intuitive type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, considering MLK Jr was living black in such an oppressive society... such as Jung said, intuition is important in that respect for all people, to recognize injustice. That differs from an intuitive type.

How is intuition required to recognize injustice? Intuition is a broad-picture thinker. Sensing is a more piecemeal affair. If you're considering Plato's views on Justice, then yes that's an intuitive's view but only because it's Plato.

W

WALMART

How is intuition required to recognize injustice? Intuition is a broad-picture thinker. Sensing is a more piecemeal affair. If you're considering Plato's views on Justice, then yes that's an intuitive's view but only because it's Plato.

I can't remember which book I read it in, but that is lifted straight from Jung. I believed he accredited the perception of the unconscious to the phenomenon, accessing that "feeling" that something isn't right. If it narrows it down, I've only read Man and His Symbols and The Undiscovered Self.

Though I have gone through a fair amount of excepts from his writings.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't remember which book I read it in, but that is lifted straight from Jung. I believed he accredited the perception of the unconscious to the phenomenon, accessing that "feeling" that something isn't right. If it narrows it down, I've only read Man and His Symbols and The Undiscovered Self.

Though I have gone through a fair amount of excepts from his writings.

Try books.google.com.

I have to go to work, but I'll be back to continue this in 10 1/2 hours, if not sooner.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Would a Ne-dom get unsure if they actually see possibilities?! This one can point towards Se.

Hey now, everyone can get a little self-doubtful every now and then. :laugh:

Er well the bowl example, I would never do it your way, exactly because I have awareness of what things are around me, including the table.

I also don't always care about the physical stuff around me, e.g. when nothing is happening, so I start reading or think about shit, but I retain a certain level of awareness that's enough to keep the ability to respond when something starts happening :).

Oooh okay! This is an interesting contrast between me and you - someone who is sure about EFP and someone who is sure about ESP.

I learn them easily too but I have a feeling that if I was Ne-dom I would have even more affinity to learning concepts

That could be true. I dunno why, I just learning about new theories and concepts. When I learn new concepts, they kind of unconsciously stick with me and when I observe the world I like to relate it back to those theories and see what they could represent or mean. For example, I like to look at people from a Typological standpoint for no reason. I just find it fascinating. :unicorn:

As for the bolded - can you remember what he said, I mean your teacher, pretty please. !!!

It was something along the lines of when we hear changes in frequency (like changing notes of a song) it stimulates certain parts of our brain to bring out certain emotional reactions.

Anyway that fact that you immediately connected the fact of your music preference to a theory indicates N ;P

You think so? Maybe, maybe NF because it's more personal than objective (like NT).

I do relate btw, I like music that makes me "feel" more.

:hifive:

...On the whole, assuming I'm a good Se-dom example to compare to, you sound ENFP to me

:hug: Thanks for the response!

Nay I was just reading your post again and I had some followup thoughts. :heart:

Nay? Aww that's so cute! I approve of this nick.

For one, I think your enneatype can probably account for a fair degree of your feeling-somewhat-ESFP-ness. 7 entails a degree of realism and practicality, despite its scattered volatility and big dreaming. 7s are resourceful and attuned to real-world opportunity, as well as harboring the optimistic quality of being able to appreciate what does exist, perhaps generally more than other N types. N 7s seem to see the possibility inherent in the current situation, whereas other Ns may have a harder time seeing the good without picturing change first. 6 also gives a dose of reality and steadiness that is more reminiscent of S than N.

Yeah you mentioned this before, thanks for expanding on it because it really helped. I guess because 7s are naturally inclined to want to sample every single bit of life, it could seem like I'm S because I have dreams about things like seeing different parts of the world like oceans, cities, mountains, meadows, etc. Bora Bora is definitely one of the priorities. It looks so...me there. :D But a lot of the things I want to experience are more personal to be honest. Finding love, getting married, starting a family, raising kids, and so on. I put the most emphasis on those sorts of experiences.

Your appreciation of the ocean sounds very NF, an appreciation of its inherent value and beauty. I'm sure an SF could feel this too but the SF process would seem to link less to inherent worth and then appreciation, and more just directly to appreciation, if that makes sense. The way you put it is quite idealized. It seems holistic and is focused on why it's perfect.

Ohh, I see what you mean here. :thinking: So what points to NF>SF is that I look at all the reasons why it's beautiful and take in all those reasons rather than just taking the beautiful scene in itself right before my eyes?

You mentioned your ENFJ being more into lyrical analysis and you more into feeling, but I think that's more a reflection of Ni versus Fi rather than N versus S. Lyrics can be interesting but far more of the gravity and meaning for me comes from the feeling in the music, too.

Spontaneous theory: maybe we might listen to music to help stimulate our auxilary function? ;) Because our dominate function rules our cognition most of the time, so music provides a way for our auxilary to take over. Or maybe it stimulates our Xi function because experiencing music can be very much an internal process.

I also question the "preponderance" of Ss. S and N seem pretty well balanced IRL to me. Supposedly MBTI statistics have SJs at some nutty percentage like 40%, and Ss at 75%, and I really, really doubt all of that. Reeks of N special snowflake issues to me.

God I hate special snowflakes more than most other things. :doh:

PS I love you ;)

:wubbie:

:hug:

By golly, evidence is rising that we are indeed meant to be. If only you were not such a Kelly Clarkson fan...

I knew I'd pull you in. :wink: Perhaps there are some conversations we should keep away from the dinner table? We could make it work.

Yes, so you must be an INFJ then.

I doubt I'm INFJ. I'm just saying if you're typing me as ESFP because my score on it was high there are two other possibilities that also got high scores.

Yes, the ENFP will engage their ideals with greater habituality than the ESFP.

Does this mean that if I were ENFP I'd talk about my values/beliefs/ideals more than if I were ESFP? I mean, I do that but I thought an inclination towards talking about values was just more of a general F quality. :shrug:

If I give a lot of my thoughts focus on society as a whole, could that just be explained by me being social-dom? :thinking:

Thank you everyone for your responses!

W

WALMART

Does this mean that if I were ENFP I'd talk about my values/beliefs/ideals more than if I were ESFP? I mean, I do that but I thought an inclination towards talking about values was just more of a general F quality. :shrug:

Well, I think ideals vary from values.

One can ideally be wealthy without understanding the value. Or, you could value the security in wealth, which I guess is still a sort of ideal.

Hm.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I give a lot of my thoughts focus on society as a whole, could that just be explained by me being social-dom? :thinking:

Does the So-dom of the e-7 focus on society as a whole? "Social awareness" (from the quote below) is not a reference to idealism, but to using humor about social situations (like in a sit-com) in order to get along with others.

from http://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/seven-stacks/
Social/Sexual

This Seven has a lot of energy although not always a productive energy, as it often contains a frenetic quality. These Sevens usually have a great sense of humor and many comedians are soc/sexual sevens. The social and sexual instincts go hand in hand with the type Seven fixation. These Sevens want to keep things light. They have fast sharp minds that incorporate social awareness into their humor which they use to get by in their interactions with the world. On the down side, commitment is a big issue for this subtype. They cultivate many friendships and can thrive on winning people over, making them laugh and entertaining them but intimacy can feel threatening and constraining. For others, interacting with this subtype of Seven can feel draining, because they are “on” so much of the time.

With the self-pres instinct least developed in the stacking, they tend to lose focus on their many plans. On the down side, their health and commitments can fall by the wayside in lieu of the buzz of the newest excitement.

In intimate relationships, this subtype is “the charmer,” but they maintain their freedom from any strong ties to the one person. They may end up in marriages or long term commitments where they hook up with someone reliable and stable, someone with a much more low key personality. This gives them the stability they don’t have themselves. This eventually leads to trouble if the soc/sexual seven doesn’t realize that responsibility for his or her own life can’t be transferred to another. It’s not that the soc/sexual goes into the relationship with this kind of pattern in mind. It is just easy for the dynamic to default to that dynamic.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Does the So-dom of the e-7 focus on society as a whole?

Maybe? I definitely do - I actively talk to people about legalizing gay marriage, feminism, etc, certain aspects of the social realm I believe are important and have strong opinions about.

Also there's this:

Maitri said:
Social Seven: Sacrifice
Social Sevens are characterized by relinquishing their personal freedom and aspirations for social ideals. They have a profound sense of obligation toward others and feel that they must sacrifice themselves to fulfill what they see as their responsibilities. Their sacrifices are in the service of a future that they imagine and make plans to realize - a future that promises to give them the sense of belonging, social acceptance, and social standing that they lack. The passion of gluttony manifests here as a hunger for this sense of social ease and for all of the things that they believe will give it to them. Ichazo (per Lilly and Hart) uses the descriptor social limitations and describes this subtype as "predetermining his social activities," which highlights a different nuance of this subtype. It points the Social Seven's tendency to map and plan his social involvements to resolve his social insecurity.

But I think further discussing my enneagram is kinda irrelevant to this matter. :alttongue: I think I'm a 7; most people can agree with that. I think what [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] said about my e-type is probably as far as it goes, and what we said just now. Other than that I don't know.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe? I definitely do - I actively talk to people about legalizing gay marriage, feminism, etc, certain aspects of the social realm I believe are important and have strong opinions about.

Also there's this:

But I think further discussing my enneagram is kinda irrelevant to this matter. :alttongue: I think I'm a 7; most people can agree with that. I think what [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] said about my e-type is probably as far as it goes, and what we said just now. Other than that I don't know.

Discussing the variations on the So-dom is impossible without reference to the base type, which in your case is 7.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Orly_owl.jpg

Do you have anything constructive to say too? No?... Then shut up.

I also question the "preponderance" of Ss. S and N seem pretty well balanced IRL to me. Supposedly MBTI statistics have SJs at some nutty percentage like 40%, and Ss at 75%, and I really, really doubt all of that. Reeks of N special snowflake issues to me.

Do you think the statistics were explicitly forged by "special snowflake N" people?

If not, then how do you explain the statistics came out this way?

Hey now, everyone can get a little self-doubtful every now and then. :laugh:

Well I meant that someone who doesn't actually understand the expression "seeing possibilities" could realize this later. This was the case with me.

That could be true. I dunno why, I just learning about new theories and concepts. When I learn new concepts, they kind of unconsciously stick with me and when I observe the world I like to relate it back to those theories and see what they could represent or mean. For example, I like to look at people from a Typological standpoint for no reason. I just find it fascinating. :unicorn:

Now praytell why you even doubt your N-ness? :D

It was something along the lines of when we hear changes in frequency (like changing notes of a song) it stimulates certain parts of our brain to bring out certain emotional reactions.

Thanks, that's interesting.

:hug: Thanks for the response!

Np ;)

Ohh, I see what you mean here. :thinking: So what points to NF>SF is that I look at all the reasons why it's beautiful and take in all those reasons rather than just taking the beautiful scene in itself right before my eyes?

When you first mentioned it I thought you meant you're just taking in the scene. :eek: