User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Chandler's type?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

19 70.37%
  • ESFP

8 29.63%
First 1234513 Last

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

One vote for N. As an ENFP 7, I really relate to the love of beauty and aesthetics that you mentioned. I think I read that's a 7w6 thing. It's about mood. What beauty evokes in me. Same with music. While I do like music that makes me think or whatever, I *love* music with heavy mood. A great singer can be everything. Just the feeling of a person passionately crying out from their own lungs is like chill-inspiring.

I don't get an orientation to details from you, and I'm klutzy as they come too, which seems to be pretty common among ENFPs. Thanks for hollering at me on the subject
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

I told you vibe as S, because to me you seem like very energetic and passionate type oriented toward experience. This could be N, but I think you're more orriented toward real life sensory pleasurable experience. This could be as well just my idea about you...I think you might feel as N because you for sure have a lot of crazy ideas, ofcourse you have, you're a 7....And you probably also like to push the boundaries and try to do things new way, but again I think it's more orriented toward immidiate action and "hey try this out now!" attitude, which I connect more with Se.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

You're trying to figure out if you're Se-dom versus Ne-dom in order to work out the cognitive dissonance created by your test results. I would advise just forgetting about 'dominants' and focus on traits, because it's not a functions test. I'm sure you never limit yourself to just "one" in the external realm, why do so in the internal realm?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    to be honest, it was more of a gut impression I have of you. on a more superficial level, your interests (mainly psychology related) seem more NF than the more physical interests typical of SPs.

if anything, I'm probably a better candidate for SFP than you are (I'm pretty sure I'm not, but I have a little more bite to me than a lot of NFPs)
    That's true. My interests are more NF-y than SP-y, focusing on interpersonal stuff and humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    E7 does also account for some degree of practicality; 6 for some groundedness. You'll be a little more realistic and action-oriented than e4 or e9 ENFPs.
    That's true! I always forget that 7 is more action-oriented (probably due to the 8 wing), so maybe a lot of what I'm thinking could be ESFP could be me just being a 7.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    One vote for N. As an ENFP 7, I really relate to the love of beauty and aesthetics that you mentioned. I think I read that's a 7w6 thing. It's about mood. What beauty evokes in me. Same with music. While I do like music that makes me think or whatever, I *love* music with heavy mood. A great singer can be everything. Just the feeling of a person passionately crying out from their own lungs is like chill-inspiring.

I don't get an orientation to details from you, and I'm klutzy as they come too, which seems to be pretty common among ENFPs. Thanks for hollering at me on the subject
    Ahh good point. I do not pay attention to detail at all. I kind of just take in the general beauty of the entire scene when I observe it, rather than instinctively noticing what's so beautiful about it. When I described the ocean I was at in the OP, it probably was so specific because I had time to reflect upon the picture I saw.

Totally agree with your sentiments about music as well. I think maybe a lot of 7s could be oriented towards heavy music like we are compared to thought-compelling music because we're driven by an inner sense of scarcity, so we lust after things that make us feel more whole.

Missed you while I was out on my New Year's escapades btw.

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    I told you vibe as S, because to me you seem like very energetic and passionate type oriented toward experience. This could be N, but I think you're more orriented toward real life sensory pleasurable experience. This could be as well just my idea about you...I think you might feel as N because you for sure have a lot of crazy ideas, ofcourse you have, you're a 7....And you probably also like to push the boundaries and try to do things new way, but again I think it's more orriented toward immidiate action and "hey try this out now!" attitude, which I connect more with Se.
    Ahh, thanks for your opinion. What would you consider sensory/pleasurable experiences? Because I'm very much interested in things like seeing the world, how beautiful it can be, falling in love (could this be a sensory experience because it's more "real world?"), and starting a family of my own. But you're definitely right when I get a lot of ideas to do things. Off the top of my head, I remember wanting to go swimming in a beautiful lake that I see on the highway when driving to my aunt's house in California (it'd be especially fun because you're not allowed to trespass), playing paintball with my friends/SO, vacationing in Bora Bora and spending all of our time in the bright blue water and the awesome bungalows, going to time square on New Year's Eve and celebrating with my guy and having our New Year's kiss, living in a beach town when I'm older, etc. I'm very drawn to the water, it's probably the Cancer in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    You're trying to figure out if you're Se-dom versus Ne-dom in order to work out the cognitive dissonance created by your test results. I would advise just forgetting about 'dominants' and focus on traits, because it's not a functions test. I'm sure you never limit yourself to just "one" in the external realm, why do so in the internal realm?
    Well not entirely. I'm also discussing traits as well. Kind of looking at MBTI through multiple lenses. Jungian functions, the four letter dichotomies, traits of all the types, etc trying to find some sort of collective answer. I know that they won't perfectly align with each other but I'd like for my MBTI typing to make sense with all of these ways of trying to figure out your type.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Aw, thanks Chan. Missed your positive and lively vibrations too Hope your escapades were outta sight

Another thing that came to mind about the music thing. Instinctual variant. Not sure what your ENFJ friend is, but if she's sx, she might want to "go deeper" into the music she listens to than you do. That's my experience, at least. Just a thought!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You're very scattered, and not as concrete. There's also the part where your energy is also very mental because our conversations can be boiled down to "this could be me" or "this person is my spirit animal because <insert non-physical characteristic>"

Ne > Se imo
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Oooh I see. Anything specific post that lead you to that conclusion? Thanks!!
    On a humorous note, I've never heard an ESFP talking about auras or astrology in a serious way, both of which you've done in this thread alone. I have an ESFP guy friend, and when I bring up psychoanalysis or interpersonal dynamics (even if it's related to our mutual friends and it's as simple as "why do you think he acts like that?" or "what would she do if she were in that situation?"), he gets annoyed. Not every male ESFP is going to be the same, but you are definitely more N than him. More seriously, your post history gives me no reason to doubt your NFness.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Also, I get a heavier vibe from ESFPs. The ones I know are very...self-focused...and much more unaware of interpersonal dynamics than ENFPs. Interacting with ENFPs, I feel like they dispense energy toward you (understanding your world, observing you, etc). On the other hand, when I interact with ESFPs, I feel like they suck energy out of me. Like I have to translate my world into something that fits into theirs. There's no reciprocal nature to the relationship because they don't have it in them to contemplate other people's reality in an abstract way. You know? I don't feel that way in talking with you.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Aw, thanks Chan. Missed your positive and lively vibrations too Hope your escapades were outta sight

Another thing that came to mind about the music thing. Instinctual variant. Not sure what your ENFJ friend is, but if she's sx, she might want to "go deeper" into the music she listens to than you do. That's my experience, at least. Just a thought!
    Hmm, she's probably so/sx like I am. Although she seems to have a lot more sp than I do, it makes me think she could be so/sp which would make sense because my music sounds generally a lot more intense than hers, even if her lyrics are generally more meaningful and more intense. Her music sounds more sx-last, lacking in intensity or passion. It's more smooth, concise, well-executed. Her e-gram is 9w8. That could also be why she seems so so/sx but with more sp, her 8 wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    You're very scattered, and not as concrete. There's also the part where your energy is also very mental because our conversations can be boiled down to "this could be me" or "this person is my spirit animal because <insert non-physical characteristic>"

Ne > Se imo
    I miss our conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    On a humorous note, I've never heard an ESFP talking about auras or astrology in a serious way, both of which you've done in this thread alone. I have an ESFP guy friend, and when I bring up psychoanalysis or interpersonal dynamics (even if it's related to our mutual friends and it's as simple as "why do you think he acts like that?" or "what would she do if she were in that situation?"), he gets annoyed. Not every male ESFP is going to be the same, but you are definitely more N than him. More seriously, your post history gives me no reason to doubt your NFness.
    It's funny you should say that, because my ESTP bestie acts exactly the same way. Getting annoyed with questions she deems pointless and all. I had her take a test one time and she was very disinterested in it. I think ST types in general are most interested in the practicality of theories like these rather than just pure discussion since both letters are known for being more practical than the other side of their coin. I'm sure a lot of SFs could mistype as NFs because F is usually not as practical when making decisions as T, so I thought maybe this could be my case.

Also, I get a heavier vibe from ESFPs. The ones I know are very...self-focused...and much more unaware of interpersonal dynamics than ENFPs. Interacting with ENFPs, I feel like they dispense energy toward you (understanding your world, observing you, etc). On the other hand, when I interact with ESFPs, I feel like they suck energy out of me. Like I have to translate my world into something that fits into theirs. There's no reciprocal nature to the relationship because they don't have it in them to contemplate other people's reality in an abstract way. You know? I don't feel that way in talking with you.
    I find it interesting that a lot of people say things like SPs/NJs have more of an "edge" to them. I totally see what they mean, and it's even more amplified in Socionics where Se is more power-oriented. But I wonder how in MBTI Ni/Se adds more of an edge to someone's character. I get what you mean, though. Although I'm sure there are a lot of ESFPs out there that are more sensitive to other perspectives, probably healthier ones (and probably 7w6s over 7w8s).
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Ne is a different energy, it spirals out opening to the night sky in dancing rhythms, circling and recircling as it loops. To me you seem more like that.
    I've been thinking about this, trying to find something that encompasses it. Do you mean an energy kind of like this?

Because that's totally me!

Se has this feeling like the wind, potential energy, something just on the edge to tilt, the exhilaration of the crest of the wave-surge at the apex moment right before it crashes in, leaping wavecrest to wavecrest without missing a beat.
    Hmm, I don't relate to this as much but I'm still trying to think of a way to sum up this kind of energy. Maybe this?

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so