User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Chandler's type?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

19 70.37%
  • ESFP

8 29.63%
First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Thank you for the response by the way @Sanjuro. Could you explain why you see me as ENFP?
    Mainly because I've seen you typed that way for so long. Also, I am wondering about all that sp-last stuff that we share--is it sp-last, or Si-inf? I guess I relate to you on those grounds.

Not great reasons, I admit.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    You're welcome. I find some Ne descriptions odd at best--I don't even understand them. Stuff like "I entertain multiple possibilities while holding none of them true or false" and "the environment exists only as a potential for greater things" is not all that clear. I think the latter quote there means what I said it does in the above post, but again, it's not terribly comprehensible as is.
    Do you do that, keeping multiple possibilities like that?

Lol, I test as ISTP on EVERY MBTI test, including the professional ones administered at work. I tend to emphasize things like "common sense", "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", "arts and crafts", and "things that are real" so that I wind up testing as S. I think it's E8 influenced more than it's got anything to do with my cognition. It's usually borderline with the N, though.

Also, my problem is that I think I remember facts and details really well and that I'm observant of the environment, because I'm more aware of the times I actually DO notice those things. I really had to observe myself before figuring out that I'm way out in left field like 95% of the time.

So I think those are the reasons I test as an S.
    Haha maybe E8, sure... for me the people who've seen me IRL, when given a really short quick MBTI test, while having no previous knowledge of MBTI, will have me tested as ISTx (the J/P is about equal so far). Well a friend of mine picked ESTP for me after getting to know the system more.

I'm the opposite to you about remembering facts and details and being observant of the environment. That's funny. :P I actually thought I was bad at remembering certain details until I noticed that I do it very well when the context calls for it. Out of context, I'm indeed bad at it / just don't care to do it. Guess that means I don't use Si eh, just Se with this dependency on context? For some reason I also thought I was bad at remembering sensory details but then I decided to test myself on it and I'm actually very good with it, stuff gets recorded just as I saw it. As for being observant of the environment, I don't think much of this by default, I don't make an outright effort to observe the environment. It just "is", and the scanning of it happens automatically "on its own" if that makes sense.

I wonder if OP is good at any of that??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Going back to what I think is right. Thank you everyone for your time.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Do you do that, keeping multiple possibilities like that?
    Well I can, I suppose. I like to think of myself as open-minded, and that more than one possibility may be true. Generally, with the Ne process, it's like an unintentional brainstorm session though. "I could go to town A on vacation...or town B...or town C. But Town A seems the best. On the other hand town B has a magic unicorn on exhibit. Or I could go to town D." Sometimes Si will kick in if I can't come to a conclusion: "Let's just go to town C. They have that great restaurant there."

This thought process seems like it could open up a lot of potentials, but it can actually lead to me making extremely bad decisions.

Haha maybe E8, sure... for me the people who've seen me IRL, when given a really short quick MBTI test, while having no previous knowledge of MBTI, will have me tested as ISTx (the J/P is about equal so far). Well a friend of mine picked ESTP for me after getting to know the system more.
    I imagine I present like an ISTx as well. My own mother seemed to think ISTP was extremely apt. I think 8s are more reserved than is generally acknowledged.

I'm the opposite to you about remembering facts and details and being observant of the environment. That's funny. :P I actually thought I was bad at remembering certain details until I noticed that I do it very well when the context calls for it. Out of context, I'm indeed bad at it / just don't care to do it. Guess that means I don't use Si eh, just Se with this dependency on context? For some reason I also thought I was bad at remembering sensory details but then I decided to test myself on it and I'm actually very good with it, stuff gets recorded just as I saw it. As for being observant of the environment, I don't think much of this by default, I don't make an outright effort to observe the environment. It just "is", and the scanning of it happens automatically "on its own" if that makes sense.
    Yeah, that makes sense. These functions are just what our brains "do", not what we make any effort to do. Actually, it takes an effort NOT to use our natural functions.

The inferior function sometimes biases test results, actually--we get caught up in it and remember it most strongly since it's so distinct from our habitual state. Also, people can think they're "better" at their inferior function than they really are, so your experience sounds really spot on.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Well I can, I suppose. I like to think of myself as open-minded, and that more than one possibility may be true. Generally, with the Ne process, it's like an unintentional brainstorm session though. "I could go to town A on vacation...or town B...or town C. But Town A seems the best. On the other hand town B has a magic unicorn on exhibit. Or I could go to town D." Sometimes Si will kick in if I can't come to a conclusion: "Let's just go to town C. They have that great restaurant there."

This thought process seems like it could open up a lot of potentials, but it can actually lead to me making extremely bad decisions.
    Then, as a contrast, in hindsight I sometimes feel I should've been able to see this option or that option. Too one-track mind.

I imagine I present like an ISTx as well. My own mother seemed to think ISTP was extremely apt. I think 8s are more reserved than is generally acknowledged.
    Quite some 8's, I'm sure.

Yeah, that makes sense. These functions are just what our brains "do", not what we make any effort to do. Actually, it takes an effort NOT to use our natural functions.

The inferior function sometimes biases test results, actually--we get caught up in it and remember it most strongly since it's so distinct from our habitual state. Also, people can think they're "better" at their inferior function than they really are, so your experience sounds really spot on.
    Haha yeah lots of my memories are about Ni-ish moments. I mean the memories that I would consciously try to call up later.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

im bringing this back do this!
    @Woaden @EJCC @Nicodemus @Starry @Inis Mona @silvery sleeves @SilentMusings and others
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

ENFP.

You don't strike me as a Se user, and lack the impulsive nature and desire for sensory stimulation that I would associate with an ESFP 7w6.

Because you aren't a poster I know that well, don't take my POV as authoritative. But that's my take...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

@Woaden @EJCC @Nicodemus @Starry @Inis Mona @silvery sleeves @SilentMusings and others
    Do you relate more to NF or SP?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I wasn't being serious when I said ESFP a week or so ago.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    ENFP.

You don't strike me as a Se user, and lack the impulsive nature and desire for sensory stimulation that I would associate with an ESFP 7w6.

Because you aren't a poster I know that well, don't take my POV as authoritative. But that's my take...
    I was interested in your POV since we've had a few exchanges here so I was looking for a refreshing outlook on my type.

FWIW, I am actually pretty impulsive IRL. Just the other day I dove into a fountain because I was "drawn to it" haha. I tend to get ideas of what to do and then act on them on a whim. I chase sensory stimulation in a variety of ways such as partying, traveling/exploring, listening to music alone (although @Urarienev pointed out to me this is probably more Fi as to why I appreciate listening to music), and looking at pieces of artwork or the scenery around me.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like 7w8 impulsive where all of that anxiety is more-or-less concealed. I definitely think about doing something and then talk it out with my friends basically repeating over and over that I'm unsure if I should do it before I decide since I thought about it that long I might as well do it. But exciting experiences are definitely something I pursue whenever possible.

The problem is 7 is such an EP type. It's hard to look at how I perceive things, because in some ways everything seems like an explosion of concepts and ideas. One idea leads to another, suddenly I theorize something about how the world works in a matter of seconds. Of course I don't listen to every thought that pops into my head seriously, but yeah. But in other ways I'm also very direct. Many problems people complain about seem very trivial for me, and my answers usually involve a very direct approach. Sometimes I can just look at something as it is and how to interact/deal with whatever it is. I also speak directly as my thoughts are coming to me, and the sensory details of the world rush at me so fast that when I look around everything seems like a blurred image, I'm almost drowned in it.

So yeah...ESFP has always been in the back of my head. I'm still not sure because ExFP is what I'm definitely sure of but sometimes someone throws an S curveball at me and suddenly I'm thinking about it and some pieces fit into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Do you relate more to NF or SP?
    NF - but I think most F types would relate to NF.

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    I wasn't being serious when I said ESFP a week or so ago.
    I can't say I'm surprised, but now you got me thinking!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so