User Tag List

123 Last

Default Let's type Lyedecker (again...)

I've already been chatting with @Nights and Days and @nicolita about this via PM but I'm ready for others to contribute their opinions. After some careful analysis, I believe I belong to the NT temperament group. I can rule out extraverted types with absolute certainty, leaving INTP and INTJ (both of which I have tested as on several occasions in the past). At this point, I think INTP is my type. It could also explain my past mistypings as INFP, INFJ, and occasionally ENFJ, due to many shared cognitive functions among those types. I'm also considering making a video in the near future that might give people a better idea of my general mannerisms and speech style. I'm not ruling out INFP or INFJ completely.

Bear in mind that I have spent my life surrounded by Feeling types (INFP, ENFP, ESFJ, ISFJ, ISFP). I can't think of a single close friend or family member who might be NT. My theory is that growing up as an NT in a home dominated by NFs and SFs led me to better develop my feeling function than might normally be expected in an NT child or adolescent.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

ndovjtjcaqidthi

*Swoops in*

That was fast. You're like batman.

Let's have a little fun with this too. I'm not worried about having my ego or feelings bruised. I want honest opinions.

Socionics
    ILI

Well the best way to narrow it down would be to look at the root of the problem (this assumes that you are nowhere near Fi dom or aux) is to figure out if you make social decisions based on others or yourself. (Egocentric vs Accommodating as the Big Five would say).

Real world question: If you were extremely hungry and had a sandwich while walking down the road and saw a homeless man who hasn't eaten in weeks, and he asks if you had any food to spare him, would you give him the sandwich? (assuming that you cannot tear the sandwich in half or tear pieces off)

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Well the best way to narrow it down would be to look at the root of the problem (this assumes that you are nowhere near Fi dom or aux) is to figure out if you make social decisions based on others or yourself. (Egocentric vs Accommodating as the Big Five would say).

Real world question: If you were extremely hungry and had a sandwich while walking down the road and saw a homeless man who hasn't eaten in weeks, and he asks if you had any food to spare him, would you give him the sandwich? (assuming that you cannot tear the sandwich in half or tear pieces off)
    I would like to note, AFAIK, Egocentric/Accommodating doesn't have the strongest correlation with T/F. I/E for example - obviously - has a better correlation with the Big 5. (See similarminds.com for more)

Also (quoting from similarminds.com) this is relevant here:

"At least two of the four elements (Thinking/Feeling, Intuitive/Sensing) are not sufficiently unidimensional. For example, T/F covers aspects of Accommodation, Intellect, and Emotional Stability and N/S covers aspects of Intellect and Orderliness. This means a T could be an objective thinker, a selfish jerk, a stoic, or some combo of the three; there is no way to discern from the results."

Your test question is interesting nonetheless.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    I would like to note, AFAIK, Egocentric/Accommodating doesn't have the strongest correlation with T/F. I/E for example - obviously - has a better correlation with the Big 5. (See similarminds.com for more)

Also (quoting from similarminds.com) this is relevant here:

"At least two of the four elements (Thinking/Feeling, Intuitive/Sensing) are not sufficiently unidimensional. For example, T/F covers aspects of Accommodation, Intellect, and Emotional Stability and N/S covers aspects of Intellect and Orderliness. This means a T could be an objective thinker, a selfish jerk, a stoic, or some combo of the three; there is no way to discern from the results."

Your test question is interesting nonetheless.
    The Big Five test does have correlation via type though. If you score a RCUEI, then you are probably an INTP, even though the Egocentric/Accommodating isn't that correlated with Thinking/Feeling, it still has a probability advantage over not being correlated, no matter how small.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Subscribed!

*rolls up sleeves*

Let's do this.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    The Big Five test does have correlation via type though. If you score a RCUEI, then you are probably an INTP, even though the Egocentric/Accommodating isn't that correlated with Thinking/Feeling, it still has a probability advantage over not being correlated, no matter how small.
    You're right about that, of course The answer to that test question would be one data point even if not decisive, is my real point

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

gee, double post