• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's type Lyedecker (again...)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read that a lot about Fi, and while I think I grasp it with a basic understanding, it's something I find difficult to relate to on a personal level. It sounds to me like it is essentially an ethics database, or, to geek out and reference Star Trek, something akin to the ethical subroutines programmed into Commander Data on The Next Generation and the Holographic Doctor on Voyager. Am I right, or completely off base?

love the nerdout reference. i learned something today.
91ea364181d46b4880ecef106c60cc78.jpg

lol, and no, that's not completely off base at all. for me it's less "data"-like. it's a little more abstract (that symbol thing). maybe an ESFP, led by Se would have Fi that was more like that though? :thinking:

but yeah, constantly gathering information to form an ethical database or framework is right on. i understand that Ti is much like this too, but instead of being ethically based it's more...idea based? (i don't like that because i feel like Fi is "ideas" kind of too.) information/practical systems based? i dunno, i'll need a Ti user to step in here. Lyedecker, you seem like you could probably shed some light on that.

Would you say you're the type of person whom can easily be reading, say, a wikipedia article, then click a link to another article, and before you know it you've got 25 tabs to seemingly unrelated articles open in your browser and can hardly remember how you went from the reading about Sunflowers to reading about Solar Flares?

yes. this is also a metaphor for my life.

I'm playing with the idea that I use Fe in an inferior role. I think it really started to develop in my late teens and continually into my twenties.

yeah, i totally buy the idea that people's functions can kind of develop strength independently. like since you grew up in a feeling-heavy environment, or whatever other reasons, Fe developed more than Si even possibly. seems plausible.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm also starting to think that more and more, [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
love the nerdout reference. i learned something today.
91ea364181d46b4880ecef106c60cc78.jpg

b4pKqyw.gif

lol, and no, that's not completely off base at all. for me it's less "data"-like. it's a little more abstract (that symbol thing). maybe an ESFP, led by Se would have Fi that was more like that though? :thinking:

but yeah, constantly gathering information to form an ethical database or framework is right on. i understand that Ti is much like this too, but instead of being ethically based it's more...idea based? (i don't like that because i feel like Fi is "ideas" kind of too.) information/practical systems based? i dunno, i'll need a Ti user to step in here. Lyedecker, you seem like you could probably shed some light on that.

It's about information systems and objective, logic-based analysis, I guess. I happen to enjoy charts and diagrams and will sometimes make my own to better detail something of interest to me. I once made a spreadsheet chart listing all of the Roman Emperors from Augustus to Justinian. I keep several journal type notebooks around. Two are blank sketchbooks which I use to doodle or scribble notes and ideas. Then another few with lined pages for better organized notes and data.

yes. this is also a metaphor for my life.

It sums up my experience exploring and gathering information.

yeah, i totally buy the idea that people's functions can kind of develop strength independently. like since you grew up in a feeling-heavy environment, or whatever other reasons, Fe developed more than Si even possibly. seems plausible.

And just as easily an ST or NF could also more resemble an NT if raised by NT parents.

S

Stansmith

I think your empathetic tendencies are just a result of being human. I had an IN?P 5w4 (leaning more towards INTP) professor who kind of reminds me of you, based on the little I've seen of you on here.

B

brainheart

I'm playing with the idea that I use Fe in an inferior role. I think it really started to develop in my late teens and continually into my twenties.

I know I got whapped upside the head with Si in my late twenties and Te seemed to act like a dictator more in mid-thirties. Now I'm feeling more well rounded vs one rearing its head over the other, like Fi + Ne are what I'm good at, what are totally me, and the Si and Te are supports for those two functions.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think your empathetic tendencies are just a result of being human. I had an IN?P 5w4 (leaning more towards INTP) professor who kind of reminds me of you, based on the little I've seen of you on here.

I should really post more. I just never know what to talk about or am afraid to share an idea before it's fully formed or I before I can back it up.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know I got whapped upside the head with Si in my late twenties and Te seemed to act like a dictator more in mid-thirties. Now I'm feeling more well rounded vs one rearing its head over the other, like Fi + Ne are what I'm good at, what are totally me, and the Si and Te are supports for those two functions.

At his point in my life, I'm using Fe more than I ever have in the past. I've always felt a certain disconnect from people. Honestly, they're kind of a nuisance to me, unless they have something really interesting to talk about or they're in my immediate family (even family often feels like a nuisance). I care about people and society and have some level of empathy for people, particularly for the downtrodden and disenfranchised, but that caring comes and goes. I tend to get more passionate and excited about political and social issues during election years, because the parade of lunacy that is the American political system is very fun to watch during campaigns. Other times in my life I find myself caring very little about current events unless they are directly pertinent to one of my interests.

Generally, if someone comes up and speaks to me at work or in public, my first thoughts are usually why are you talking to me. you're interrupting my thoughts. do you have something important to say? no? then why are you wasting my time talking about what the weather will be like tomorrow or whatever sensationalist bullshit is currently occupying your interest on Fox News or MSNBC? If someone is genuinely suffering or in need of morale, then I am a bit more patient and may even be happy to take a few minutes to offer advice or help them in whatever way possible. Usually my advice to people is very straightforward and can occasionally come off as cold and detached. "You're having a problem with _______? Then perhaps you should consider doing ________." I've been told I often appear aloof and detached, so when I do occasionally show compassion or help people, it surprises them, maybe even catches them off guard.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know celebritytypes is a hack website but this was interesting

Ny3Yymm.jpg

Ti-Fe vs Te-Fi

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*ughh double*

B

brainheart

At his point in my life, I'm using Fe more than I ever have in the past. I've always felt a certain disconnect from people. Honestly, they're kind of a nuisance to me, unless they have something really interesting to talk about or they're in my immediate family (even family often feels like a nuisance). I care about people and society and have some level of empathy for people, particularly for the downtrodden and disenfranchised, but that caring comes and goes. I tend to get more passionate and excited about political and social issues during election years, because the parade of lunacy that is the American political system is very fun to watch during campaigns. Other times in my life I find myself caring very little about current events unless they are directly pertinent to one of my interests.

Generally, if someone comes up and speaks to me at work or in public, my first thoughts are usually why are you talking to me. you're interrupting my thoughts. do you have something important to say? no? then why are you wasting my time talking about what the weather will be like tomorrow or whatever sensationalist bullshit is currently occupying your interest on Fox News or MSNBC? If someone is genuinely suffering or in need of morale, then I am a bit more patient and may even be happy to take a few minutes to offer advice or help them in whatever way possible. Usually my advice to people is very straightforward and can occasionally come off as cold and detached. "You're having a problem with _______? Then perhaps you should consider doing ________." I've been told I often appear aloof and detached, so when I do occasionally show compassion or help people, it surprises them, maybe even catches them off guard.

This also sounds a lot like being on the 5/4 spectrum, or being a INXX, as well as sp/sx.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty good... thank you ;) so which one do you identify with?

Dawkins. I always found Hitchens to be too confrontational, too vitriolic. Hearing him speak and reading his writings, it almost seems he has a personal vendetta against religious fundamentalists.

This also sounds a lot like being on the 5/4 spectrum, or being a INXX, as well as sp/sx.

My tritype is 5w4-4w5-9w1 sp/sx

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You told me you weren't that familiar with enneagram.

I took this test. The descriptions of those three types very closely fit with me, as opposed to other types I read about. I've also read that people with 549, in any configuration or order, can be the most notoriously shy or withdrawn.

Beyond what little I've read, I think that my knowledge is scanty at best.

I've been steeping my brain so much in MBTI, Jung, and Socionics that I wanted to wait before taking on another system.

Last edited:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took this test. The descriptions of those three types very closely fit with me, as opposed to other types I read about. I've also read that people with 549, in any configuration or order, can be the most notoriously shy or withdrawn.

Beyond what little I've read, I think that my knowledge is scanty at best.

I've been steeping my brain so much in MBTI, Jung, and Socionics that I wanted to wait before taking on another system.

two of my favorite enneagram resources in case you're interested:

http://www.enneagramdimensions.net/articles%5Cchapter_one.pdf

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/246-Tritype-Descriptions-and-Archetypes

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dawkins. I always found Hitchens to be too confrontational, too vitriolic. Hearing him speak and reading his writings, it almost seems he has a personal vendetta against religious fundamentalists.

Ah, interesting you decide based upon this criteria.

I find it's funny if someone's got that confrontational etc style. But in terms of convincing me about such theoretical topics, Dawkins' style is much much better. Why mix in personal crap? And why judge stuff in this personal way also, e.g. "evil", etc

I guess you do sound Ti/Fe, though.

(ps. I've only read from Dawkins, not from Hitchens, I'm basing this opinion of his writings only on the list you posted)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, interesting you decide based upon this criteria.

I find it's funny if someone's got that confrontational etc style. But in terms of convincing me about such theoretical topics, Dawkins' style is much much better. Why mix in personal crap? And why judge stuff in this personal way also, e.g. "evil", etc

I guess you do sound Ti/Fe, though.

(ps. I've only read from Dawkins, not from Hitchens, I'm basing this opinion of his writings only on the list you posted)

Dawkins can also be pretty confrontational. That chart plays it down a little. He's just not at the same level as Hitchens.