• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's type Lyedecker (again...)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've already been chatting with [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION] about this via PM but I'm ready for others to contribute their opinions. After some careful analysis, I believe I belong to the NT temperament group. I can rule out extraverted types with absolute certainty, leaving INTP and INTJ (both of which I have tested as on several occasions in the past). At this point, I think INTP is my type. It could also explain my past mistypings as INFP, INFJ, and occasionally ENFJ, due to many shared cognitive functions among those types. I'm also considering making a video in the near future that might give people a better idea of my general mannerisms and speech style. I'm not ruling out INFP or INFJ completely.

Bear in mind that I have spent my life surrounded by Feeling types (INFP, ENFP, ESFJ, ISFJ, ISFP). I can't think of a single close friend or family member who might be NT. My theory is that growing up as an NT in a home dominated by NFs and SFs led me to better develop my feeling function than might normally be expected in an NT child or adolescent.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's have a little fun with this too. I'm not worried about having my ego or feelings bruised. I want honest opinions.

Alea_iacta_est

Well the best way to narrow it down would be to look at the root of the problem (this assumes that you are nowhere near Fi dom or aux) is to figure out if you make social decisions based on others or yourself. (Egocentric vs Accommodating as the Big Five would say).

Real world question: If you were extremely hungry and had a sandwich while walking down the road and saw a homeless man who hasn't eaten in weeks, and he asks if you had any food to spare him, would you give him the sandwich? (assuming that you cannot tear the sandwich in half or tear pieces off)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well the best way to narrow it down would be to look at the root of the problem (this assumes that you are nowhere near Fi dom or aux) is to figure out if you make social decisions based on others or yourself. (Egocentric vs Accommodating as the Big Five would say).

Real world question: If you were extremely hungry and had a sandwich while walking down the road and saw a homeless man who hasn't eaten in weeks, and he asks if you had any food to spare him, would you give him the sandwich? (assuming that you cannot tear the sandwich in half or tear pieces off)

I would like to note, AFAIK, Egocentric/Accommodating doesn't have the strongest correlation with T/F. I/E for example - obviously - has a better correlation with the Big 5. (See similarminds.com for more)

Also (quoting from similarminds.com) this is relevant here:

"At least two of the four elements (Thinking/Feeling, Intuitive/Sensing) are not sufficiently unidimensional. For example, T/F covers aspects of Accommodation, Intellect, and Emotional Stability and N/S covers aspects of Intellect and Orderliness. This means a T could be an objective thinker, a selfish jerk, a stoic, or some combo of the three; there is no way to discern from the results."

Your test question is interesting nonetheless. :)

Alea_iacta_est

I would like to note, AFAIK, Egocentric/Accommodating doesn't have the strongest correlation with T/F. I/E for example - obviously - has a better correlation with the Big 5. (See similarminds.com for more)

Also (quoting from similarminds.com) this is relevant here:

"At least two of the four elements (Thinking/Feeling, Intuitive/Sensing) are not sufficiently unidimensional. For example, T/F covers aspects of Accommodation, Intellect, and Emotional Stability and N/S covers aspects of Intellect and Orderliness. This means a T could be an objective thinker, a selfish jerk, a stoic, or some combo of the three; there is no way to discern from the results."

Your test question is interesting nonetheless. :)

The Big Five test does have correlation via type though. If you score a RCUEI, then you are probably an INTP, even though the Egocentric/Accommodating isn't that correlated with Thinking/Feeling, it still has a probability advantage over not being correlated, no matter how small.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Subscribed!

*rolls up sleeves*

Let's do this.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Big Five test does have correlation via type though. If you score a RCUEI, then you are probably an INTP, even though the Egocentric/Accommodating isn't that correlated with Thinking/Feeling, it still has a probability advantage over not being correlated, no matter how small.

You're right about that, of course :) The answer to that test question would be one data point even if not decisive, is my real point

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
gee, double post

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Btw Lyedecker, I'm thinking INTP instead of INTJ. I don't think you use Ni.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
how would you describe yourself in as subjective a manner as possible?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Since I can't split it with him, I'd probably just give it to him.

Subscribed!

*rolls up sleeves*

Let's do this.

Z4i1xYj.gif

Btw Lyedecker, I'm thinking INTP instead of INTJ. I don't think you use Ni.

I think you're on to something. I think I use dominant Ti with auxiliary Ne. Add some tertiary Si (although primarily concerned with stored data relevant to sensory experience, can also be characterized by a rich database of symbols and historical information) to the mix and I can see how I may have confused myself as a Ni dom

how would you describe yourself in as subjective a manner as possible?

I'm in a rush at the moment but I will answer this question tonight when I have more time.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Video please. Plus, I am curious to see what the question of the sandwich has to do with typing in this circumstance.

I do agree that you're not an Ni user.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some variety of FP... Likely en 4 or 6.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're on to something. I think I use dominant Ti with auxiliary Ne. Add some tertiary Si (although primarily concerned with stored data relevant to sensory experience, can also be characterized by a rich database of symbols and historical information) to the mix and I can see how I may have confused myself as a Ni dom.

Ok, disclaimer: i kinda suck at putting these kinds of things into words, and get even more nervous (read: likely to choke and explain things awkwardly) on a public forum. please feel free to ask questions or clarification about anything i put forward on here.

Yeah, I think that "rich database" sounds like it could be Ti. Really all I have to relate Ti to is Fi, and I know that Fi for me manifests in like a lifelong database or like working values system. Constantly being updated, but still pretty steady. It's near and dear to me, even though it's my auxiliary function, in a way that Ne isn't. Probably because it's introverted, it's personal and my own. I experience Fi in a symbolic way too, since the way I perceive the world is through Ne.

You asked how I experience Ne. It's like constantly trying ideas on for size. I see or hear things, and it sparks a bunch of related ideas which can spider web off of each other, and are often redirected by new input. I like to talk my ideas out to get them out there bouncing around, and often throw out kind of working ideas, working with feedback to help me think of new perspectives I might not have considered on my own, and working them in to it all. In the social sphere, it's very vibe-y. I don't really know how to explain it, but I scan groups of people, kind of disconnect, and look around for people who I think I can connect with, or seem like they'd be interesting to talk to. I'm good at reading people in that way.

They do say that 3rd and 4th functions develop over time, like well into adulthood. Mine are still kind of dom/aux-heavy. Still working on using my last two in a balanced way. I feel like Te's getting better. I think I saw a thread about that floating around recently. [MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION], did you start it?

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION], did you start it?

Yep, but no one has really commented except for one person.
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-other-personality-matrices/66884-function-development.html

The theory I have mentioned in this thread says that people actually "try-on" functions before choosing one to stick with. This is mainly concerning the Auxiliary function though and determining which of the 2 types you will become with your dominant (for instance a Ti-dom will begin screwing around with the other 7 functions and seeing what works even though a Ti dom can only become an INTP or ISTP. Yep, even Ni, Si, and Fi are tried on with the Ti-dom (they claim that teenage phases are modeled after this)). I have no idea where the actual theory went, but its lurking somewhere on the internet. Functions still might be tried on with the Tertiary, but the Inf. usually starts appearing in Phase II of development (just before the tertiary, which causes problems) and can actual start fucking with you and making you question yourself.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep, but no one has really commented except for one person.
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-other-personality-matrices/66884-function-development.html

The theory I have mentioned in this thread says that people actually "try-on" functions before choosing one to stick with. This is mainly concerning the Auxiliary function though and determining which of the 2 types you will become with your dominant (for instance a Ti-dom will begin screwing around with the other 7 functions and seeing what works even though a Ti dom can only become an INTP or ISTP. Yep, even Ni, Si, and Fi are tried on with the Ti-dom (they claim that teenage phases are modeled after this)). I have no idea where the actual theory went, but its lurking somewhere on the internet. Functions still might be tried on with the Tertiary, but the Inf. usually starts appearing in Phase II of development (just before the tertiary, which causes problems) and can actual start fucking with you and making you question yourself.

ahh interesting. not what i thought the thread was about, but it's always fun to shake ideas up and see if they still hold true. i'm interested in subjecting my mind to being blown :D

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I think that "rich database" sounds like it could be Ti. Really all I have to relate Ti to is Fi, and I know that Fi for me manifests in like a lifelong database or like working values system. Constantly being updated, but still pretty steady. It's near and dear to me, even though it's my auxiliary function, in a way that Ne isn't. Probably because it's introverted, it's personal and my own. I experience Fi in a symbolic way too, since the way I perceive the world is through Ne.

I read that a lot about Fi, and while I think I grasp it with a basic understanding, it's something I find difficult to relate to on a personal level. It sounds to me like it is essentially an ethics database, or, to geek out and reference Star Trek, something akin to the ethical subroutines programmed into Commander Data on The Next Generation and the Holographic Doctor on Voyager. Am I right, or completely off base?

You asked how I experience Ne. It's like constantly trying ideas on for size. I see or hear things, and it sparks a bunch of related ideas which can spider web off of each other, and are often redirected by new input. I like to talk my ideas out to get them out there bouncing around, and often throw out kind of working ideas, working with feedback to help me think of new perspectives I might not have considered on my own, and working them in to it all. In the social sphere, it's very vibe-y. I don't really know how to explain it, but I scan groups of people, kind of disconnect, and look around for people who I think I can connect with, or seem like they'd be interesting to talk to. I'm good at reading people in that way.

HrwO7fu.gif

Would you say you're the type of person whom can easily be reading, say, a wikipedia article, then click a link to another article, and before you know it you've got 25 tabs to seemingly unrelated articles open in your browser and can hardly remember how you went from the reading about Sunflowers to reading about Solar Flares?

They do say that 3rd and 4th functions develop over time, like well into adulthood. Mine are still kind of dom/aux-heavy. Still working on using my last two in a balanced way. I feel like Te's getting better. I think I saw a thread about that floating around recently. [MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION], did you start it?

I'm playing with the idea that I use Fe in an inferior role. I think it really started to develop in my late teens and continually into my twenties.