First 34567 Last

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Dawkins can also be pretty confrontational. That chart plays it down a little. He's just not at the same level as Hitchens.
    And Dawkins being confrontational, does that still bother you?

I read only one book from him I think, it wasn't about religion so I didn't see that side of him yet

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    And Dawkins being confrontational, does that still bother you?

I read only one book from him I think, it wasn't about religion so I didn't see that side of him yet
    Not too much. He usually makes strong, logic-based points. It's expected he's going to step on a few toes and ruffle feathers in the fundamentalist community.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Not too much. He usually makes strong, logic-based points. It's expected he's going to step on a few toes and ruffle feathers in the fundamentalist community.
    I see So you need logic to be there. That does sound like Ti > Fe to me

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'd like to get more INTPs in here to read their perspectives. Does the following statement generally seem accurate?

Ti strives for thought precision and logical coherence therefore it openly questions thought processes and doubts itself to reach a state of self-assurance and harmony.
    source: http://psyphics.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/infj-vs-intp/

When information presented to me is inconsistent with information in my brain, I often feel a need to analyze it and pick it to pieces to verify its accuracy or inaccuracy. This often leads me to second guess myself as I become worried I'm not getting the correct information from the external world or that I've been carrying around faulty information in my brain.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Jung on Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jung
    Facts are collected as evidence or examples for a theory, but never for their own sake. Should this latter ever occur, it is done only as a compliment to the extraverted style. For this kind of thinking facts are of secondary importance; what, apparently, is of absolutely paramount importance is the development and presentation of the subjective idea, that primordial symbolical image standing more or less darkly before the inner vision. Its aim, therefore, is never concerned with an intellectual reconstruction of concrete actuality, but with the shaping of that dim image into a resplendent idea. Its desire is to reach reality; its goal is to see how external facts fit into, and fulfil, the framework of the idea; its actual creative power is proved by the fact that this thinking can also create that idea which, though not present in the external facts, is yet the most suitable, abstract expression of them. Its task is accomplished when the idea it has fashioned seems to emerge so inevitably from the external facts that they actually prove its validity.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Fe is important for initiating and maintaining social relationships and is very important from an early age. It is common for young INTPs to unintentionally offend others because they may not have insight into what is considered socially acceptable. This is usually learned through trial and error (Si) and observing behavioral patterns (Ne). Social life requires them to spend more effort than other types in developing their inferior function so their inferior function may appear “stronger” than the inferior function of other types. (...) Most INTPs learn to feign Fe and adjust to their social environments using their auxiliary function (Ne). INTPs may mistype as INFJs, if they have developed their inferior function (Fe).
    source: http://psyphics.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/infj-vs-intp/

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I mentioned earlier that I have always felt a certain detachment from people in general. I sometimes pretend to be more emotional about something, because otherwise people seem to think I don't care about, say, the homeless. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I have to work to show people I care. Does this make sense? I think people see me as some sort of aloof introvert. This is true to an extent, but if they got to know me better, they'd also see someone who can be very passionate about a cause, especially if said cause is pertinent to one of my interests.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

How do Ti users argue? I've read that if you insult one or argue with them, they will more likely find some factual piece of evidence to throw back that shows some fault in the other person. I don't know how accurate that is, but it's usually been my experience. In general, I avoid conflict and arguments, but if I feel my back is against the wall, I will start tossing out pieces of data that are hard to argue with.

I'm one of the few people to ever bring my father [ESFJ] to tears for this reason. It's only happened a few times in my life, but when I've had enough of his overbearing behavior, I've easily put him in his place. I never feel any better for doing this to people, so it's something I avoid unless they've really hit a nerve or tried to make things "personal" with me.

More likely I will simply walk away and cut them off for a short amount of time (ranging from a few minutes to a few months), then I'm over it.

If you insult me about my face, it probably won't do much, but if you insult me about my intelligence or ability, it can be very damaging. I was picked on relentlessly in grade school, but it really didn't leave a huge scar because the insults were usually about me being a red headed stepchild or being a fire crotch or a trekkie dweeb.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

How do Ti users argue? I've read that if you insult one or argue with them, they will more likely find some factual piece of evidence to throw back that shows some fault in the other person. I don't know how accurate that is, but it's usually been my experience. In general, I avoid conflict and arguments, but if I feel my back is against the wall, I will start tossing out pieces of data that are hard to argue with.

I'm one of the few people to ever bring my father [ESFJ] to tears for this reason. It's only happened a few times in my life, but when I've had enough of his overbearing behavior, I've easily put him in his place. I never any better for doing this to people, so it's something I avoid unless they've hit a nerve or tried to make things "personal" with me.
    have you considered that your e9 might be stronger (1st or 2nd in your tritype)? avoiding conflict/being really concerned with keeping peace is a 9-ish way to be. just a thought
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    have you considered that your e9 might be stronger (1st or 2nd in your tritype)? avoiding conflict/being really concerned with keeping peace is a 9-ish way to be. just a thought
    It's something to consider.