Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    I read that a lot about Fi, and while I think I grasp it with a basic understanding, it's something I find difficult to relate to on a personal level. It sounds to me like it is essentially an ethics database, or, to geek out and reference Star Trek, something akin to the ethical subroutines programmed into Commander Data on The Next Generation and the Holographic Doctor on Voyager. Am I right, or completely off base?
    love the nerdout reference. i learned something today.

lol, and no, that's not completely off base at all. for me it's less "data"-like. it's a little more abstract (that symbol thing). maybe an ESFP, led by Se would have Fi that was more like that though?

but yeah, constantly gathering information to form an ethical database or framework is right on. i understand that Ti is much like this too, but instead of being ethically based it's more...idea based? (i don't like that because i feel like Fi is "ideas" kind of too.) information/practical systems based? i dunno, i'll need a Ti user to step in here. Lyedecker, you seem like you could probably shed some light on that.

Would you say you're the type of person whom can easily be reading, say, a wikipedia article, then click a link to another article, and before you know it you've got 25 tabs to seemingly unrelated articles open in your browser and can hardly remember how you went from the reading about Sunflowers to reading about Solar Flares?
    yes. this is also a metaphor for my life.

I'm playing with the idea that I use Fe in an inferior role. I think it really started to develop in my late teens and continually into my twenties.
    yeah, i totally buy the idea that people's functions can kind of develop strength independently. like since you grew up in a feeling-heavy environment, or whatever other reasons, Fe developed more than Si even possibly. seems plausible.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

I'm also starting to think that more and more, @Stansmith
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    love the nerdout reference. i learned something today.

lol, and no, that's not completely off base at all. for me it's less "data"-like. it's a little more abstract (that symbol thing). maybe an ESFP, led by Se would have Fi that was more like that though?

but yeah, constantly gathering information to form an ethical database or framework is right on. i understand that Ti is much like this too, but instead of being ethically based it's more...idea based? (i don't like that because i feel like Fi is "ideas" kind of too.) information/practical systems based? i dunno, i'll need a Ti user to step in here. Lyedecker, you seem like you could probably shed some light on that.
    It's about information systems and objective, logic-based analysis, I guess. I happen to enjoy charts and diagrams and will sometimes make my own to better detail something of interest to me. I once made a spreadsheet chart listing all of the Roman Emperors from Augustus to Justinian. I keep several journal type notebooks around. Two are blank sketchbooks which I use to doodle or scribble notes and ideas. Then another few with lined pages for better organized notes and data.

yes. this is also a metaphor for my life.
    It sums up my experience exploring and gathering information.

yeah, i totally buy the idea that people's functions can kind of develop strength independently. like since you grew up in a feeling-heavy environment, or whatever other reasons, Fe developed more than Si even possibly. seems plausible.
    And just as easily an ST or NF could also more resemble an NT if raised by NT parents.

Stansmith

I think your empathetic tendencies are just a result of being human. I had an IN?P 5w4 (leaning more towards INTP) professor who kind of reminds me of you, based on the little I've seen of you on here.

brainheart

I'm playing with the idea that I use Fe in an inferior role. I think it really started to develop in my late teens and continually into my twenties.
    I know I got whapped upside the head with Si in my late twenties and Te seemed to act like a dictator more in mid-thirties. Now I'm feeling more well rounded vs one rearing its head over the other, like Fi + Ne are what I'm good at, what are totally me, and the Si and Te are supports for those two functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I think your empathetic tendencies are just a result of being human. I had an IN?P 5w4 (leaning more towards INTP) professor who kind of reminds me of you, based on the little I've seen of you on here.
    I should really post more. I just never know what to talk about or am afraid to share an idea before it's fully formed or I before I can back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I know I got whapped upside the head with Si in my late twenties and Te seemed to act like a dictator more in mid-thirties. Now I'm feeling more well rounded vs one rearing its head over the other, like Fi + Ne are what I'm good at, what are totally me, and the Si and Te are supports for those two functions.
    At his point in my life, I'm using Fe more than I ever have in the past. I've always felt a certain disconnect from people. Honestly, they're kind of a nuisance to me, unless they have something really interesting to talk about or they're in my immediate family (even family often feels like a nuisance). I care about people and society and have some level of empathy for people, particularly for the downtrodden and disenfranchised, but that caring comes and goes. I tend to get more passionate and excited about political and social issues during election years, because the parade of lunacy that is the American political system is very fun to watch during campaigns. Other times in my life I find myself caring very little about current events unless they are directly pertinent to one of my interests.

Generally, if someone comes up and speaks to me at work or in public, my first thoughts are usually why are you talking to me. you're interrupting my thoughts. do you have something important to say? no? then why are you wasting my time talking about what the weather will be like tomorrow or whatever sensationalist bullshit is currently occupying your interest on Fox News or MSNBC? If someone is genuinely suffering or in need of morale, then I am a bit more patient and may even be happy to take a few minutes to offer advice or help them in whatever way possible. Usually my advice to people is very straightforward and can occasionally come off as cold and detached. "You're having a problem with _______? Then perhaps you should consider doing ________." I've been told I often appear aloof and detached, so when I do occasionally show compassion or help people, it surprises them, maybe even catches them off guard.

I know celebritytypes is a hack website but this was interesting

Ti-Fe vs Te-Fi

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Ti-Fe vs Te-Fi
    Pretty good... thank you so which one do you identify with?

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

*ughh double*