User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Btw Lyedecker, I'm thinking INTP instead of INTJ. I don't think you use Ni.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

how would you describe yourself in as subjective a manner as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Well the best way to narrow it down would be to look at the root of the problem (this assumes that you are nowhere near Fi dom or aux) is to figure out if you make social decisions based on others or yourself. (Egocentric vs Accommodating as the Big Five would say).

Real world question: If you were extremely hungry and had a sandwich while walking down the road and saw a homeless man who hasn't eaten in weeks, and he asks if you had any food to spare him, would you give him the sandwich? (assuming that you cannot tear the sandwich in half or tear pieces off)
    Since I can't split it with him, I'd probably just give it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Subscribed!

*rolls up sleeves*

Let's do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Btw Lyedecker, I'm thinking INTP instead of INTJ. I don't think you use Ni.
    I think you're on to something. I think I use dominant Ti with auxiliary Ne. Add some tertiary Si (although primarily concerned with stored data relevant to sensory experience, can also be characterized by a rich database of symbols and historical information) to the mix and I can see how I may have confused myself as a Ni dom

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    how would you describe yourself in as subjective a manner as possible?
    I'm in a rush at the moment but I will answer this question tonight when I have more time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Video please. Plus, I am curious to see what the question of the sandwich has to do with typing in this circumstance.

I do agree that you're not an Ni user.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Some variety of FP... Likely en 4 or 6.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    I think you're on to something. I think I use dominant Ti with auxiliary Ne. Add some tertiary Si (although primarily concerned with stored data relevant to sensory experience, can also be characterized by a rich database of symbols and historical information) to the mix and I can see how I may have confused myself as a Ni dom.
    Ok, disclaimer: i kinda suck at putting these kinds of things into words, and get even more nervous (read: likely to choke and explain things awkwardly) on a public forum. please feel free to ask questions or clarification about anything i put forward on here.

Yeah, I think that "rich database" sounds like it could be Ti. Really all I have to relate Ti to is Fi, and I know that Fi for me manifests in like a lifelong database or like working values system. Constantly being updated, but still pretty steady. It's near and dear to me, even though it's my auxiliary function, in a way that Ne isn't. Probably because it's introverted, it's personal and my own. I experience Fi in a symbolic way too, since the way I perceive the world is through Ne.

You asked how I experience Ne. It's like constantly trying ideas on for size. I see or hear things, and it sparks a bunch of related ideas which can spider web off of each other, and are often redirected by new input. I like to talk my ideas out to get them out there bouncing around, and often throw out kind of working ideas, working with feedback to help me think of new perspectives I might not have considered on my own, and working them in to it all. In the social sphere, it's very vibe-y. I don't really know how to explain it, but I scan groups of people, kind of disconnect, and look around for people who I think I can connect with, or seem like they'd be interesting to talk to. I'm good at reading people in that way.

They do say that 3rd and 4th functions develop over time, like well into adulthood. Mine are still kind of dom/aux-heavy. Still working on using my last two in a balanced way. I feel like Te's getting better. I think I saw a thread about that floating around recently. @Alea_iacta_est, did you start it?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Socionics
    ILI

@Alea_iacta_est, did you start it?
    Yep, but no one has really commented except for one person.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...velopment.html

The theory I have mentioned in this thread says that people actually "try-on" functions before choosing one to stick with. This is mainly concerning the Auxiliary function though and determining which of the 2 types you will become with your dominant (for instance a Ti-dom will begin screwing around with the other 7 functions and seeing what works even though a Ti dom can only become an INTP or ISTP. Yep, even Ni, Si, and Fi are tried on with the Ti-dom (they claim that teenage phases are modeled after this)). I have no idea where the actual theory went, but its lurking somewhere on the internet. Functions still might be tried on with the Tertiary, but the Inf. usually starts appearing in Phase II of development (just before the tertiary, which causes problems) and can actual start fucking with you and making you question yourself.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Yep, but no one has really commented except for one person.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...velopment.html

The theory I have mentioned in this thread says that people actually "try-on" functions before choosing one to stick with. This is mainly concerning the Auxiliary function though and determining which of the 2 types you will become with your dominant (for instance a Ti-dom will begin screwing around with the other 7 functions and seeing what works even though a Ti dom can only become an INTP or ISTP. Yep, even Ni, Si, and Fi are tried on with the Ti-dom (they claim that teenage phases are modeled after this)). I have no idea where the actual theory went, but its lurking somewhere on the internet. Functions still might be tried on with the Tertiary, but the Inf. usually starts appearing in Phase II of development (just before the tertiary, which causes problems) and can actual start fucking with you and making you question yourself.
    ahh interesting. not what i thought the thread was about, but it's always fun to shake ideas up and see if they still hold true. i'm interested in subjecting my mind to being blown
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Yeah, I think that "rich database" sounds like it could be Ti. Really all I have to relate Ti to is Fi, and I know that Fi for me manifests in like a lifelong database or like working values system. Constantly being updated, but still pretty steady. It's near and dear to me, even though it's my auxiliary function, in a way that Ne isn't. Probably because it's introverted, it's personal and my own. I experience Fi in a symbolic way too, since the way I perceive the world is through Ne.
    I read that a lot about Fi, and while I think I grasp it with a basic understanding, it's something I find difficult to relate to on a personal level. It sounds to me like it is essentially an ethics database, or, to geek out and reference Star Trek, something akin to the ethical subroutines programmed into Commander Data on The Next Generation and the Holographic Doctor on Voyager. Am I right, or completely off base?

You asked how I experience Ne. It's like constantly trying ideas on for size. I see or hear things, and it sparks a bunch of related ideas which can spider web off of each other, and are often redirected by new input. I like to talk my ideas out to get them out there bouncing around, and often throw out kind of working ideas, working with feedback to help me think of new perspectives I might not have considered on my own, and working them in to it all. In the social sphere, it's very vibe-y. I don't really know how to explain it, but I scan groups of people, kind of disconnect, and look around for people who I think I can connect with, or seem like they'd be interesting to talk to. I'm good at reading people in that way.

Would you say you're the type of person whom can easily be reading, say, a wikipedia article, then click a link to another article, and before you know it you've got 25 tabs to seemingly unrelated articles open in your browser and can hardly remember how you went from the reading about Sunflowers to reading about Solar Flares?

They do say that 3rd and 4th functions develop over time, like well into adulthood. Mine are still kind of dom/aux-heavy. Still working on using my last two in a balanced way. I feel like Te's getting better. I think I saw a thread about that floating around recently. @Alea_iacta_est, did you start it?
    I'm playing with the idea that I use Fe in an inferior role. I think it really started to develop in my late teens and continually into my twenties.

Stansmith

I think INTP....just a hunch.