• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

To all bored MBTI fans and Socionics fans here, what's my type? :)

badger055

Permabanned
Sorry, I didn't notice someone actually posted! :p Thanks. :)

Well ENTJ is a possibility, sure.

As for your points:

1. Well, I can think things out on my own too. Yes I do keep up certain mental activity longer if I talk to others. But if it's about problem solving, I'm better off thinking on my own, well I can ask others for ideas, but otherwise it would just get in the way talking to others.
2. No, I don't gather much information on stuff before doing it. Where did you get that impression? I usually just start and figure out things later. :) I do feel like I'm starting "from nothing" but it's okay.
3. Yeah if I'm motivated. Is ISTP not good at this?
4. Same. Is ISTP never goal oriented?
5. I do have an inner world, but yes, the outer world as well, hmmm, this I or E question is actually pretty hard for me :/

What do you think? For you, was it obvious you were an introvert?

ISTPs can be motivated but it's almost a requirement for ENTJs to be.

Yea it's obvious I'm an introvert. I have talked to some ENTJs that say they come close to looking like introverts since they spend a lot of time alone. Try and figure out if you use Ti or Te. Te usually uses seemingly objective information in the world. Stuff that is popular and accepted. Ti uses it's own logic and can ignore popular and accepted ways of doing things. It's much more independent and contained.

Oh and I like planning for concrete things, like, plan a day out with tasks needing to be sorted

Sounds ENTJ. ISTPs and ESTPs aren't really big planners. More of improvisers.

Yes, I easily nitpick, criticize arguments and theories, I get really anti-social doing this. Rude, arrogant, whatnot. Yes, I do like seeing things inside the framework of the right system.

This sounds more like Te needing logic to work in the external world. Ti doesn't need to change other people's opinions. So yea I would bet on ENTJ.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTPs can be motivated but it's almost a requirement for ENTJs to be.

So do you mean ISTPs sometimes don't really do anything "productive"? Certainly not all the time, right? Me either. :/

My impression is that ENTJs are always busy with productive work or whatever... I find that terribly admirable but it's just not me. I'm either doing something or I'm not at all doing much.

Yea it's obvious I'm an introvert. I have talked to some ENTJs that say they come close to looking like introverts since they spend a lot of time alone. Try and figure out if you use Ti or Te. Te usually uses seemingly objective information in the world. Stuff that is popular and accepted. Ti uses it's own logic and can ignore popular and accepted ways of doing things. It's much more independent and contained.

Well based on that I'm Ti.

Sounds ENTJ. ISTPs and ESTPs aren't really big planners. More of improvisers.

So, here's an example, when you know you have to go to three places, you don't really try to figure out which route you want to go to them? Do you just simply get up, go out the door and while on your way, figure where to go first? (Assume that you're free to decide in what order, at what time of the day, and how you get to these places.)

This sort of thing - what tasks to do and where to go on a given day - is what I plan out though I like changing the plan as well. :p Otoh, if it's just a specific task, I just start doing it. Figure out stuff while doing it. That is, I improvise.

This sounds more like Te needing logic to work in the external world. Ti doesn't need to change other people's opinions. So yea I would bet on ENTJ.

So if someone is being illogical, you don't really care?

By being illogical I mean their opinion makes no sense. Otoh I don't really care what way someone does a task.

Anyway, sure I'll think about the ENTJ, it's been an option before. I just identify with Ti more. I have wondered if it was Ni instead lol. Though it's not too likely. Do you see the Ni aux too?

Also, for me it's not obvious if I'm I or E. Why is it obvious in your case?

badger055

Permabanned
So do you mean ISTPs sometimes don't really do anything "productive"? Certainly not all the time, right? Me either. :/

My impression is that ENTJs are always busy with productive work or whatever... I find that terribly admirable but it's just not me. I'm either doing something or I'm not at all doing much.

Well based on that I'm Ti.

So, here's an example, when you know you have to go to three places, you don't really try to figure out which route you want to go to them? Do you just simply get up, go out the door and while on your way, figure where to go first? (Assume that you're free to decide in what order, at what time of the day, and how you get to these places.)

This sort of thing - what tasks to do and where to go on a given day - is what I plan out though I like changing the plan as well. :p Otoh, if it's just a specific task, I just start doing it. Figure out stuff while doing it. That is, I improvise.

So if someone is being illogical, you don't really care?

By being illogical I mean their opinion makes no sense. Otoh I don't really care what way someone does a task.

Anyway, sure I'll think about the ENTJ, it's been an option before. I just identify with Ti more. I have wondered if it was Ni instead lol. Though it's not too likely. Do you see the Ni aux too?

Also, for me it's not obvious if I'm I or E. Why is it obvious in your case?

Depends on how important the three things are but I'm most likely just to say fuck it and figure it out as I go. If given a choice I want no plan.

Yea I could care less what someone thinks unless it affects me directly somehow. I might call them an idiot just because I want to verbally hit them in the face but I won't get hung up over it. I have my own world that's not affected by them.

I do math solutions without having to consider concrete steps mechanically, I just let the unconscious do the work.
That's Ni. I can't do that.

Well I just don't get the ISTP vibe from you. Usually it's pretty obvious and ENTJs are the type I feel are closest to ISTPs. I think it's the way you talk. ISTPs are efficient simple speakers and we get to the point.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depends on how important the three things are but I'm most likely just to say fuck it and figure it out as I go. If given a choice I want no plan.

Actually, it was a crap example, because in my case I don't have a choice - at the latest, after I step out the gate, I have to decide which bus to take... and so it does matter in what order I do the visits. Unless I don't mind a lot of wasted time going around. :) Would you mind spending 3 hours instead of 2 hours on stuff?

Yea I could care less what someone thinks unless it affects me directly somehow. I might call them an idiot just because I want to verbally hit them in the face but I won't get hung up over it. I have my own world that's not affected by them.

I wouldn't want to call anyone an idiot before I first at least try reasoning with them....

That's Ni. I can't do that.

Then how do you do it, just try a step-by-step solution that you learned mechanically before and hope that it actually works? :eek:

Well I just don't get the ISTP vibe from you. Usually it's pretty obvious and ENTJs are the type I feel are closest to ISTPs. I think it's the way you talk. ISTPs are efficient simple speakers and we get to the point.

Well English isn't my native language, though I don't think I'm much better with words in my native language. I'm just not a verbal type... I read it's Te that can efficiently sum up points logically. I'm anything but that.

Anyway ok, if I'm ENTJ then I just have to figure out why P gets the strongest score in tests out of all four dichotomies. :) Because of stuff like, not doing anything until deadline comes up but then work very intensely; having a disorganized life style; like improvising stuff; etc. etc... Where I like planning is the above example and also like training plans in sport. That's where I'm not P-ish at all, though a little P does come out because I change the training plan too quickly if I think the previous one wasn't efficient enough. :p

badger055

Permabanned
Actually, it was a crap example, because in my case I don't have a choice - at the latest, after I step out the gate, I have to decide which bus to take... and so it does matter in what order I do the visits. Unless I don't mind a lot of wasted time going around. :) Would you mind spending 3 hours instead of 2 hours on stuff?

Yea efficiency is not a big concern for me. Simplicity is though.

Then how do you do it, just try a step-by-step solution that you learned mechanically before and hope that it actually works? :eek:

Yea I solve it in a sequential way. I know that INTJs and ENTJs can usually let their intuition do the work which I'm jealous of.

Well English isn't my native language, though I don't think I'm much better with words in my native language. I'm just not a verbal type... I read it's Te that can efficiently sum up points logically. I'm anything but that.

Anyway ok, if I'm ENTJ then I just have to figure out why P gets the strongest score in tests out of all four dichotomies. :) Because of stuff like, not doing anything until deadline comes up but then work very intensely; having a disorganized life style; like improvising stuff; etc. etc... Where I like planning is the above example and also like training plans in sport. That's where I'm not P-ish at all, though a little P does come out because I change the training plan too quickly if I think the previous one wasn't efficient enough. :p

Te likes planning but your tertiary Se likes spontaneity. I wouldn't concern yourself too much with the J/P thing.

badger055

Permabanned

Yea I solve it in a sequential way. I know that INTJs and ENTJs can usually let their intuition do the work. In highschool I was jealous of people who could do it that way.

I find that ENTJs talk in a more general way than ISTPs. They have a harder time summing up things and getting to the point. Not all of them though.

Te likes planning but your tertiary Se likes spontaneity. ENTJs are well known for being laid back on how things get done as long as they get done. I wouldn't concern yourself too much with the J/P thing.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't believe you'd be willing to travel 3 hours instead of 2 hours. You said simplicity is important, well, this would be complicating things unnecessarily, taking five bus lines instead of three bus lines. So no, unless you explicitly say you like messing around, complicating things and not only that but missing other more fun things in the process, I don't think you'd be doing that. Pretty unrealistic.

Yea I solve it in a sequential way. I know that INTJs and ENTJs can usually let their intuition do the work which I'm jealous of.

Well it can only be properly solved in a sequential way. Or it's not an actual proof. But I do that after I know where to start from because of the intuitive thingie. I see the whole thing, I usually just need to explicitly calculate the numbers after that. So I was actually asking you if you were doing random trial and error to figure what way to start to solve it. Do you do that, then? Must be pretty frustrating, isn't it? It would be for me. I mean, e.g. trying three times knowing nothing about the right direction and just by luck hit upon the right way to solve the question.

Te likes planning but your tertiary Se likes spontaneity.

Maybe I am ESFP then because then I can say my tertiary Te likes planning. Planning in general is about like that, it doesn't feel like a dominant function, 'cause I don't plan all the fucking time.

I wouldn't concern yourself too much with the J/P thing.

Why not? Are there ENTJs who are highly P, then? Or you mean, you think my two strongest functions are Te Ni but dichotomy wise I'm not ENTJ?

I find that ENTJs talk in a more general way than ISTPs. They have a harder time summing up things and getting to the point. Not all of them though.

That makes no sense to me, Te is supposedly excellent at getting to the point.

I might not be excellent at it, true.

ENTJs are well known for being laid back on how things get done as long as they get done.

Okay.

badger055

Permabanned
I don't believe you'd be willing to travel 3 hours instead of 2 hours. You said simplicity is important, well, this would be complicating things unnecessarily, taking five bus lines instead of three bus lines. So no, unless you explicitly say you like messing around, complicating things and not only that but missing other more fun things in the process, I don't think you'd be doing that. Pretty unrealistic.

Well it can only be properly solved in a sequential way. Or it's not an actual proof. But I do that after I know where to start from because of the intuitive thingie. I see the whole thing, I usually just need to explicitly calculate the numbers after that. So I was actually asking you if you were doing random trial and error to figure what way to start to solve it. Do you do that, then? Must be pretty frustrating, isn't it? It would be for me. I mean, e.g. trying three times knowing nothing about the right direction and just by luck hit upon the right way to solve the question.

Maybe I am ESFP then because then I can say my tertiary Te likes planning. Planning in general is about like that, it doesn't feel like a dominant function, 'cause I don't plan all the fucking time.

Why not? Are there ENTJs who are highly P, then? Or you mean, you think my two strongest functions are Te Ni but dichotomy wise I'm not ENTJ?

That makes no sense to me, Te is supposedly excellent at getting to the point.

I might not be excellent at it, true.

Okay.

I get the feeling you are arguing against me just cause you like arguing so you're on your own. Cya.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get the feeling you are arguing against me just cause you like arguing so you're on your own. Cya.

You don't need to take it personally that my style is like this. I do like arguing but I genuinely expected answers to my questions.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well alright maybe someone can analyse the uh, communication that was happening here. Nice chance for experts to hone typology related analytical skills ;)

Was this then really a Ti - Te conflict here?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
keys2cog test

Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.3)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************** (22.3)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28.5)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************ (36.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28.2)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************** (20.4)
limited use

It suggests ESTP, ISTP, ENTJ in this order.

Well quite honestly the Ni questions are just goddamn weird in this test :) Not sure how I even got as high as 28 or average :)

And the Fi stuff is just plain meh...

Yet I gave the highest rating to the one question that afaik is measuring SeFi. (Cheat sheet says it's SeFi)

By highest rating I mean highest of all I would give, 4 out of 5.

The rest got 3 out of 5 or less because I usually have trouble applying statements in these tests to myself in this way "oh yes this is totally me", it's rare that I feel that way about a statement

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get the ENTJ vibe from you. Here are some good indicators.

-if you think things out by talking to people and bouncing ideas
-gather as much information on something before doing it
-good at executing on stuff
-goal oriented
-no deep inner world then not ISTP (ENTJs have an outer world)

Also try this test it seems to be the most accurate. http://similarminds.com/embj.html

I get the non-ENTJ vibe based on the fact that he scored 26 out of a possible 70 on my personality test. His highest scores were ISTP and ESTP.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get the non-ENTJ vibe based on the fact that he scored 26 out of a possible 70 on my personality test. His highest scores were ISTP and ESTP.

Actually it's a "she" and "her" ;)

Anyway I find it interesting that both in your test and in the keys2cog function based test I get the same results (for top two types anyway). A nice example for correlation if you like to have those ;)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually it's a "she" and "her" ;)

Anyway I find it interesting that both in your test and in the keys2cog function based test I get the same results (for top two types anyway). A nice example for correlation if you like to have those ;)

I agree, she and her. That's why people should pay me to take my test.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just noticed that [MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION] had a link to a test. Didn't notice before. Well that didn't have strong scores on MBTI at all, just enneagram (which it was measuring at the same time, I just didn't realise that)

The MBTI part of it is dichotomies only, not functions... Anyway

Extroverted (E) 57.14% Introverted (I) 42.86%
Sensing (S) 51.52% Intuitive (N) 48.48%
Thinking (T) 54.84% Feeling (F) 45.16%
Perceiving (P) 60.61% Judging (J) 39.39%

Guess I might as well be INFJ too :p (Well at least INFP with all those 5x% scores for E/S/T, right?)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just noticed that [MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION] had a link to a test. Didn't notice before. Well that didn't have strong scores on MBTI at all, just enneagram (which it was measuring at the same time, I just didn't realise that)

The MBTI part of it is dichotomies only, not functions... Anyway

Extroverted (E) 57.14% Introverted (I) 42.86%
Sensing (S) 51.52% Intuitive (N) 48.48%
Thinking (T) 54.84% Feeling (F) 45.16%
Perceiving (P) 60.61% Judging (J) 39.39%

Guess I might as well be INFJ too :p (Well at least INFP with all those 5x% scores for E/S/T, right?)

It comes out as ESTP.