• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Enneagram type? - I think I know my Freudian triad?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...but I won't say anything about that, I don't want to influence anyone with my views on my possible types.

I saw [MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION]'s cool quick questionnaire so I'll use that first:

A) Which of these do you consider your biggest fear?

1. Being cut off (from everything)
2. Being held back from doing something, no freedom
3. Being betrayed by those you trust
4. Being emotionally vulnerable (or physically)
5. Being insignificant and ordinary
6. Being incapable, mentally or physically
7. Being unimportant, being worthless
8. Being unloved
9. Being imperfect, flawed or corrupt

--> I can relate to: 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
--> I totally do not relate to: 9

I don't know what "being cut off" means, though. What does it mean exactly?

B) Which of these do you want the most?

1. To be valuable and important
2. To feel appreciated and loved
3. To be unique and individual
4. To be ethical and have integrity
5. To be supported and guided
6. To be in a peaceful frame of mind and life
7. To be protected
8. To be competent and capable
9. To be content and happy with what you have

--> I can relate to: 1, 2, 3, 8
--> I totally do not relate to: 4, 5, 6

A note here, 9th one is something I should be doing probably, I just don't feel the burning desire in me to be like that so I didn't put it into the "relate" list. Probably because I sure am not content with what I have as I am looking at what I don't have (yet).

Well, looking at my replies, that didn't narrow down options too much... :/

OK a bit more info on me. I usually find myself doing two kinds of activities, either just being involved with whatever I enjoy doing atm or I'm doing something to get/acquire something/object/goal/challenge. I enjoy both.

I do the former because otherwise I would be bored, I do the latter because challenges make me feel alive and/or because I just want to have the whatever thing. I like focused tunnel vision, I can be acting pretty controlled then. Both ways of living can be pretty impulsive otherwise.

The "involved mode", it often includes talking to people, this is just for the interaction itself. I can spend a lot of time on this, too much time. The "challenge/get stuff" mode, that usually doesn't involve people much, at best they are objects in the way. Well or objects to interact with for a reason. I can be a real loner.

If I'm not involved and I'm not into challenge and/or into getting something, I guess it's just a pretty low energy mode, I'll just stare outside my head looking at stuff, perhaps have some thoughts here and there, no continuously flowing train of thought though. I can enjoy looking at stuff for a short time, otherwise this isn't my preferred way of being.

Hmm I also have a "wandering" instinctual mode where I go around, usually alone. Yep again being a loner with that. (If there was someone else with me, they'd have to be following me, not the other way around.) I enjoy this, so list it with preferred ways.

I guess most things about me fit into these categories.

What does that do in terms of Enneagram type? Also, instinctual subtype? Anyone please? Thanks! :)

Alea_iacta_est

Actually those two questions have some slight biases to certain types and against other types, and I've been kinda lazy to fix it, but nonetheless you have to pick the one that you desire the most and the one you fear the most.

"cut-off" means separation from the physical world and other people, fear of total withdraw.

Also, if you know anything about the Enneagram, you are going to be subject to the Forer Effect and this questionnaire will probably fail.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Got a thought now; I will elaborate on how I relate and how I don't relate to the items.

Fears I related to:

"Being held back from doing something, no freedom" --> I just totally hate it if I can't get what I want or can't do what I want to do, not that I explicitly feel fear about this. I just feel frustration and anger and will not hide any of these reactions. Frustration I really can't handle tbh, it's an annoying thing, something I need to get rid of as soon as I can. Anger is okay for me, I feel good with it and I can still have control for situations if I need to :)

"Being emotionally vulnerable (or physically)" --> I again don't feel it as explicit fear, it's more like a strong block inside. But I definitely relate, I can't understand people who open up so easily and submit themselves to others emotionally. As for physical aspect, in this modern world it's not really a problem I guess, we don't live out there in the jungle anymore and I guess I just don't think much about the possibility of getting attacked and whatnot. I'm more confident than that sort of stuff.

"Being insignificant and ordinary" --> I'm still not sure if this is an actual fear, but I just don't like the idea of being an ordinary someone. Otoh I don't really know what that would actually mean in practice, I just prefer to think of myself as special.

"Being incapable, mentally or physically" --> Grr that sounds really bad to me, not being able to do what I want. Being stuck with obstacles, sounds like eternal frustration to me. Feels like defeat too.

"Being unimportant, being worthless" --> Not sure what "worthless" is supposed to mean, but "unimportant" I equate with "not special". See above.

"Being unloved" --> I don't actually think about this often tbh. But it sounds really depressing going without being special to anyone in my whole life. I can live that way but I would definitely not do a lot with my life, would just do plain "live in the moment", for enjoyment, for survival. This is actually what I do most of the time though. So the idea of being truly loved is more an intangible ideal but it should be important I feel. It should also be just as important to love as well. So this is a complex topic.

I don't relate to: "Being imperfect, flawed or corrupt" --> Lol, wtf does that even mean. I like to laugh at that sort of craziness tbh.

What I really want, at least whatever I related to:

"To be valuable and important" --> The same sentiments as above about being special.

"To feel appreciated and loved" --> The same as above about being unloved.

"To be unique and individual" --> The same as above about being special.

"To be competent and capable" --> Yes that's good, capable of doing anything I want. Being competent, I guess it's okay too, slightly less interested in that for its own sake though.

"To be content and happy with what you have" --> And as I said, this is something I should be doing probably, I just don't feel the burning desire in me to be like that so I didn't put it into the "relate" list. Probably because I sure am not content with what I have as I am looking at what I don't have (yet).

I don't relate to:

"To be ethical and have integrity" --> I don't really care tbh, I mean, basic integrity is okay of course, I'm not a psychopath, but I'm not going to sacrifice myself for such ideals

"To be supported and guided" --> I would hate the idea of someone trying to guide me, wtf lol. Support I don't really need either. I sometimes watch other people giving support to each other and I just watch with surprise, thinking to myself, "what do they get out of it?", lol. Not that I'm laughing at them or anything, just weird to me. So yeah I sometimes realize I'm not like other people with this.

"To be in a peaceful frame of mind and life" --> I don't really worry about being peaceful... sounds like a too low energy way of living life.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually those two questions have some slight biases to certain types and against other types, and I've been kinda lazy to fix it, but nonetheless you have to pick the one that you desire the most and the one you fear the most.

"cut-off" means separation from the physical world and other people, fear of total withdraw.

Also, if you know anything about the Enneagram, you are going to be subject to the Forer Effect and this questionnaire will probably fail.

Hey there thanks for the quick reply.

In that case, yeah, I relate to that fear too, separation from the world sounds really bad. I like interaction with the world. Withdrawing from it isn't good, it's a too low energy mode. What you said here sounded like me going blind etc, that would be so terrible. I would have a lot less opportunity to just simply LIVE. I hope I managed to explain how I feel about this.

I do know some stuff about Enneagram but I've tried not thinking of any of that, just simply describing how I am. See my other post below yours, I was elaborating on the options I chose :)

Unfortunately I'm not able to just pick one for each list, maybe you can help me with that, that is, help me pick, as I hope that post gives you more stuff to analyse! Do let me know, thanks.

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION] Well first off, do you know your MBTI type for sure?

Second, what's your motivation in life, what do you want to do or happen to you?

Third, do you have an insatiable drive when you want something?

I will follow up with more questions, but I want to see how this plays out.

EDIT:
"Being held back from doing something, no freedom" --> I just totally hate it if I can't get what I want or can't do what I want to do, not that I explicitly feel fear about this. I just feel frustration and anger and will not hide any of these reactions. Frustration I really can't handle tbh, it's an annoying thing, something I need to get rid of as soon as I can. Anger is okay for me, I feel good with it and I can still have control for situations if I need to

I'm having a keen insight here, but I won't tell you what it is until you answer the questions above.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION] Well first off, do you know your MBTI type for sure?

No lol. I haven't opened a thread on that one yet, but if you have thoughts on that, you can tell me here too. :)

I will say I'm pretty sure I'm not an F type, but I'm open to arguments on that too.

Second, what's your motivation in life, what do you want to do or happen to you?

That's a difficult question; I often just live in the moment as I described above. But I do have some dreams, well, call them visions, if I could achieve those, I think I would be more content then. It's along the themes of
1) doing some things leaving my mark in this world, impact on many people while being useful too. (Yes, I have specifics too here, not just this generic thought.)
2) fixing love life lol this isn't really under my control so it's more a dream than a vision. I don't know if the wish itself is Enneagram related - it's more like a basic desire - but my attitude to it might be type related, sure...

If you need more specifics, do ask, I'll try to answer.

Third, do you have an insatiable drive when you want something?

Lol, yes!

I will follow up with more questions, but I want to see how this plays out.

Okay :)

EDIT:
"Being held back from doing something, no freedom" --> I just totally hate it if I can't get what I want or can't do what I want to do, not that I explicitly feel fear about this. I just feel frustration and anger and will not hide any of these reactions. Frustration I really can't handle tbh, it's an annoying thing, something I need to get rid of as soon as I can. Anger is okay for me, I feel good with it and I can still have control for situations if I need to

I'm having a keen insight here, but I won't tell you what it is until you answer the questions above.

Well, tell me now :)

Alea_iacta_est

Core Type: 8w7 (proven by statement above and insatiable drive that is found in the id types 3,7, and 8, but feels anger instead of anxiety and shame)
Heart Fix: possibly a 3w2? need more info
Head Fix: probably 7w8 (based on evidence on hand)

Methinks ESxx (could be wrong, but you did describe how you mostly "live in the moment", and the E is due to the fact that 378 is usually a very extroverted type)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Core Type: 8w7 (proven by statement above and insatiable drive that is found in the id types 3,7, and 8, but feels anger instead of anxiety and shame)

Ahh yeah I did place myself in Id too :)

Heart Fix: possibly a 3w2? need more info

Ask questions?

Head Fix: probably 7w8 (based on evidence on hand)

Yes... I'm thinking 7w8 or 8w7 myself for my type. I do lean towards the 8 :) But I'd like to learn more about Enneagram.

Would 7w8 feel much anxiety consciously when held back from doing something? I only feel frustration and anger, that's true.

Methinks ESxx (could be wrong, but you did describe how you mostly "live in the moment", and the E is due to the fact that 378 is usually a very extroverted type)

Ahh yeah that makes some sense; yes I either live in the moment or if I'm in my head it's "timeless" thoughts, not about past or future. Well it can be future related when it's about how to get to my goals, but only really future related in that narrow context.

"Very extroverted type" - Do you mean social extroversion? Because yeah, as I said I can talk a lot to a lot to people for interaction's sake but that's more online. Offline my attention is taken by a lot more than just people so I'm a lot less talkative then. So I can often appear socially introverted. Does that fit the 3-7-8 pattern or heh, am I the exception?

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION]

Yes, 7w8 feels anxiety when they are held back from doing something, but they are also more aggressive than their 7w6 counterparts.

As for your Heart Fix, I can't really say much more about it or ask that many more questions concerning it. I don't really see 4 in you, I see a good deal of 3 and a good deal of 2 in you as well, so that is how I made that call.

You might be an exception, or you might just be an 8w7 sp/sx who isn't that social because he or she is self-oriented.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, 7w8 feels anxiety when they are held back from doing something, but they are also more aggressive than their 7w6 counterparts.

Well ok that's weird to me, feeling anxiety in such a situation. Why do they feel anxious?

As for your Heart Fix, I can't really say much more about it or ask that many more questions concerning it. I don't really see 4 in you, I see a good deal of 3 and a good deal of 2 in you as well, so that is how I made that call.

Yeah, true, I don't have a lot of 4, it's an attractive something, in others perhaps, but it's just not me :/

You might be an exception, or you might just be an 8w7 sp/sx who isn't that social because he or she is self-oriented.

Okay. It's a good question about sp vs sx, too. I have thought about social instinct being my last instinct, yes. When I'm interacting with people I think it's sx > so, even when in a group.

378 – The Mover & Shaker Archetype

Thanks :) This also helps me differentiate between 7w8 and 8w7 :)

I will add my comments below and a couple of questions, if you have answers do let me know. :)

The 837 is the slick, expansive, powerhouse, 'can do' person that sees the big picture but avoids feelings, seeing them as speed bumps that get in the way of manifesting and making things happen.

*Most assertive tritype-378, 873, 783

378,837,738 If you are the 378, you are ambitious, innovative and protective. You want to be efficient, happy and straight-forward. You are a dynamic go-getter, focused on the prize. An expansive powerhouse, you see the big picture and a positive future with the will to make it happen. Seeking success, obstacles are seen as competitive challenges. Your life mission is to see what is possible and find innovative ways to achieve your goals. A true mover and shaker, you are happiest when you are in a position of power to manifest your vision and make things happen. You need to be doing to feel alive. You can be so expeditious, assertive and results oriented that you miss your impact on others and the deeper meaning and significance of why you are doing what you are doing.

Wow that about goals, obstacles, feelings, visions and feeling alive is very true for me. Especially that part about missing my impact on others and the deeper meaning. Yep.

Naturally forward and expansive, you see yourself as assertive, self-motivated, expeditious and results oriented. Focused on action, you resist being controlled and letting your feelings get in the way of achieving your goals. When opposed, you react immediately and when necessary are not afraid to move against others to manage problems.

This as well, especially about being assertive, self-motivated, reacting immediately and moving against others. The self motivation part is one of the big reasons why I went for 7 and 8 over 3 when guessing my type. (Other reason being not that much aware of or interested in image. Etc. etc.)

the sexual 378 is triple assertive and has the added jolt of the high intensity sexual energy. 378 is self assured, innovative and bold, there will be more of a focus on being strong and attractive compared to other instincts. The 379 is a bit softer and more adept at softening their presentation. We always refer to the 379 is the "cool guy" or "cool girl" tritype as they want to be trendy and cool but also blend. The 378 may be more outlandish so pays less attention to being cool and more attention to being the trailblazer.
Well if you lead with the 7 instead of 3 you will be less concerned with image and be less likely to track what others want you to be as the 7 is more concerned with following their own muse. However with the sexual subtype in charge both the 378 and the 738 will want to be alluring to potential intimates and mates and have a desire to find a mate who can handle their triple assertive energy.

7 > 3 there.

3-7-8 - The Extrovert

This type is very outward focused. They must keep themselves involved with the external world in order to be relieve of stress and tension. Being alone and inactive causes anxiety.

Now that's interesting. When I'm alone&inactive, it doesn't cause anxiety, it just feels uncomfortably low energy after a while. Probably a way of feeling boredom because otherwise I don't really recognize it as true boredom. It's a tolerable state, though... I can take anything if needed.

But yes it's true that keeping involvement with the world helps with stress/tension/whatnot. If I have an emotional problem that can't be solved (can these things ever be solved lol), then dealing with the world instead will help me not feel stress from that. A kind of distraction, though even without distractions I will get past the issue anyway... I'm good at denying stuff as well :p The emotional problems only surfaced when I decided to "lift" the denial.

Btw how does that differ from that fear of not wanting to be "cut off"? I understand that's another type's fear, or was that type 7 actually? (I know it couldn't have been the fear of 3 or 8)

eight with a three fix: the notably success oriented, prominence seeking eight. utilizes
image and manipulation to advance their career or enterprise.
business achievement can lead to political aspirations.

Hmm I don't really utilize image for that :/

783: Direct and focused 7. Most assertive 7. Are usually movers and shakers and rainbow makers. Professional 7.

That works for me except "rainbow maker".

837: Focused and innovative. Most assertive 8. Mover and shaker, especially if extroverted and/or soc. subtype. Entrepreneurs.

That works too

87?: Focused, intuitive, and innovative. Most assertive and noncomforming 8. Moody, intense, eccentric, entrepreneurial 8 especially if sx.

But perhaps this works best :p Non conforming sure :p

Both Tritypes are Movers and Shakers. They both want to win and have power but in a different way. The 387 is focused on achieving success, especially success in the eyes of others. The attention goes to identifying the role needed to make the achievements that are viewed as successful. With success comes power. The 837 is more focused on overcoming obstacles and succeeding in spite of the obstacles...they never give up. The 837 is less focused on the role and more focused on the position of power. With power comes success. The 837 wants to be seen as successful but wants autonomy more and are not dependent on other's view of them.
With the 738 the focus moves to the heat and the creative, vision, future ideal, what is possible and entertaining ways to succeed in a big way. They imagine, produce and manifest.

I don't really understand the idea about "entertaining ways" and I'm not thinking that often about the future so 837 works better here than 738. When I got into "bigger things" it often happened by me responding to a direct challenge, not by envisioning the route to it, tbh... I need some sort of interaction and then I can respond to something, usually a challenge and then I'm set, I'm into whatever and I'll get to really good things that way.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] I'll post the questions separately so it's not TL;DR ;) Thanks!

1) Yes, 7w8 feels anxiety when they are held back from doing something, but they are also more aggressive than their 7w6 counterparts.
Well ok that's weird to me, feeling anxiety in such a situation. Why do they feel anxious?

2) This type is very outward focused. They must keep themselves involved with the external world in order to be relieve of stress and tension. Being alone and inactive causes anxiety.
...how does that differ from that fear of not wanting to be "cut off"? I understand that's another type's fear, or was that type 7 actually? (I know it couldn't have been the fear of 3 or 8)

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] I'll post the questions separately so it's not TL;DR ;) Thanks!

1) Yes, 7w8 feels anxiety when they are held back from doing something, but they are also more aggressive than their 7w6 counterparts.

2) This type is very outward focused. They must keep themselves involved with the external world in order to be relieve of stress and tension. Being alone and inactive causes anxiety.
...how does that differ from that fear of not wanting to be "cut off"? I understand that's another type's fear, or was that type 7 actually? (I know it couldn't have been the fear of 3 or 8)

The other one was Type 9, which has the fear of losing themselves (much more accurate than what I had written in my questionnaire, again, I need to fix it), be it by complete social isolation, or even the catatonic state they go into under high stress and unhealthy levels.

I sort of lied about Type 9 being completely cut off from the rest of the world because I already knew you most likely weren't a type 9, I included the physical "cut-off" to see if my gander off into typing you as a 7 wing or 7w8 fix was on the right track. Type 7's ultimate fear is being held back, so in a way, physical barriers would prove to be extremely frightening to the 7. Type 8's, your core type, main fear is being manipulated, vulnerable, or weak.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The other one was Type 9, which has the fear of losing themselves (much more accurate than what I had written in my questionnaire, again, I need to fix it), be it by complete social isolation, or even the catatonic state they go into under high stress and unhealthy levels.

I sort of lied about Type 9 being completely cut off from the rest of the world because I already knew you most likely weren't a type 9, I included the physical "cut-off" to see if my gander off into typing you as a 7 wing or 7w8 fix was on the right track. Type 7's ultimate fear is being held back, so in a way, physical barriers would prove to be extremely frightening to the 7. Type 8's, your core type, main fear is being manipulated, vulnerable, or weak.

Ah hehe I see :p

Can you say more about why 7's are afraid of being held back? Held back from whatever they'd like/want to do? I'm trying to understand that type more.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read a site on these types...

Interesting:

"The fascination is rooted in a fear of boredom. The fast pace is rooted in a deeper unacknowledged fear that life is dull, slow and insipid. The penalty in every style is that the more we flee, the sooner we run up against what we are running from. So with an initial fascination, if the Seven doesn't persevere, she finds little satisfaction, because of lack of depth. Without depth, life is boring."

I do like to feel alive with certain things, is that related to seeing life as dull? Though to me the sense of aliveness comes from persevering, if I was to just give up I wouldn't feel satisfied at all. My solution to that isn't to jump to another thing but to keep doing what I'm involved with. Is that particularly hard for a 7 to do? I never in my life had any problem keeping my focus. I can be fast paced but staying focused. If I were to keep fast pace by jumping around, I wouldn't feel very good at all. I wouldn't feel I'm in a so called secure point - which is what Enneagram is about, right?

"Eights, unless they have an unusually strong connection to Five, focus their attention outwardly. They like their power physical, not mental or artistic, so football suits them well."

That is interesting about Five; I do like to focus outwardly, but sometimes - yes when things are dull - I can focus inwardly temporarily. And power to me can be mental just as much as physical; I'm tired or in pain but I keep going, that to me is mental focus because it's not something I do with my body "directly". It's just willpower. Perhaps I'm wrong in calling it mental though? I don't have any thoughts in this state, I'm just focused on the task or whatever I'm doing. So when does power count as mental? If playing a sport (yeah football is fine too :) ), I have the same kind of focus there as well.

What I call physical power is literally physical power, it just takes confidence to have that and exert it, in a sense... but I would of course be more strong physically if I did serious strength training :)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION]

Still want to understand both type 7 and in that context, 8 vs 7 (differences) too. I feel I'm somewhere between 7 and 8, though 8 makes more sense, yes.

Soo, can you say more about why 7's are afraid of being held back? Held back from whatever they'd like/want to do?

...Is it like the stuff I read about how they - if have nothing to keep busy with - will get bored and notice their emptiness inside and that for some reason is intolerable to a 7? I do notice such a thing sometimes but I don't get anxious over it. It just feels like a low energy level, somewhat uncomfortable in the sense of it not being pleasant or I'm just bored with it, but I don't get nervous. It's just an empty state, emotionless, dispassionate, calm, even, with an empty mind and a low-ish energy level (but sort of ready, can be mobilized easily if there's something). This is what's a dull experience to me and it's because of that much better if I get to feel "alive" being involved with whatever or by feeling anger or other intense stuff. If I keep busy with mental things after a while I notice that it's still draining and low energy in a sense though I can get some satisfaction out of mental stuff at times, like the feeling of being inspired etc. So it can energize me at times after all.

So how does a 7 feel and react to this state? For them being busy all day with mental stuff isn't draining right?

I did a test just now, found it pretty good and it all makes sense;

The Distribution of Your Scores
Type One: 8
Type Two: 10
Type Three: 28
Type Four: 16
Type Five: 23
Type Six: 13
Type Seven: 36
Type Eight: 49
Type Nine: 13

Your main type is 8.
Considering the wings you should be a 8w7.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Another thing, if anyone reads this: How is Se type 7 different from Ne type 7? :) I assume the latter is more mentally active, but how does an ESxP 7 not live in the present? 7 is about all being about the future and planning for it, escaping to it, right?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Found an interesting site about enneagram misindentifications (same site with the test)... I'm going to analyse myself by comparing 7 to 8, I want to understand my type better. Yes, this is about checking that I didn't mistype, didn't misunderstand the types and my own tendencies. Pretty much every other enneagram type is excluded for my typing, though. Just this 7 vs 8 is a bit of a conundrum still.

If anyone has comments, feel free to post, e.g. if I misunderstood any concepts or answer the couple of questions here, etc

8 and 7

Mistyping frequency: sometimes (usually 7w8 mistype as 8s)

Eight vs Seven

Seek intensity vs Seek variety ...I seek both. I haven't thought about the exact priority, can anyone ask me specific questions to help me determine?

Want control vs Want freedom ...I want both. I haven't thought about the exact priority, can anyone ask me specific questions to help me determine?

Physical energy vs Nervous energy ...If physical energy is when I do physical things, anything involving doing/moving, and if nervous energy means being able to solve mental tasks and being inspired by mental activity then I again can say I'm both, I can have high energy levels for both. Though I would say physical energy was first, I developed my mind more later in life if that makes sense... though I did have mental activities as a kid too, just less easily inspired or how to put that.

Hard-working vs Playful ...Both! Fun can come from the hard working too.

Focused vs Scattered ...The first word pair where it's easier to choose. I'll say first, I hate being scattered, I don't feel good that way. I like focus. With certain specific tasks (simple physical stuff), I can sometimes try multitasking as a fun challenge and that's still a focused way of doing the job. If I'm browsing online, I hate having too many open tabs so I don't. Also, I don't have too many interests being active in the same time period because I focus into one of them deep and the rest just isn't interesting. However, I will change to a new interest later, after a long-ish time period, after having done a lot with previous interest. This switching happens unconsciously, I notice after the fact.

Conscientious vs Irresponsible ...I am both. I take some things in life really seriously so I'm conscientious with those and I enjoy self-discipline in working for goals, OTOH I can have a problem with self-discipline in living life in general and I'm not really strongly morally principled so I'm irresponsible too..

Realist vs Optimist ...Both :p I don't believe BS rose coloured glasses stuff, I'm simply incapable of doing that and disinterested in viewing things in that light and I notice the negative in situations easily, glass was always half empty for me :/ compelling me to refill the glass, of course :p. But I'm optimistic in terms of not thinking of failure, so when I go refill the glass, I don't stop thinking "what if I can't" and I'm trusting in future in general and I like to encourage and inspire others.

Gain power vs Have fun ...Gain what kind of power exactly, that's vague to me. ??? But I'll use a concrete example, in sport I want to be more powerful&strong, my concept of having fun in a sport really only comes from that or directly from competition. I don't play sports just to "have fun" in a light way. So, is that a good example? Otoh, I don't work hard to gain social powers as I'm not really part of society that much :/ so I'm just having fun with my life in that sense. Still, I have gained some material powers and am proud of that. What's then the difference between Sp power, Sx power and So power if viewing this from the instinctual variants?

Authoritarian vs Egalitarian ...I like the egalitarian view in theory. I'm not sure about how I go about it in practice. The only thing that comes to mind now, I can be pretty authoritarian in telling my opinion and get surprised if others take it the bad way.

Vengeful vs Tolerant ...I can be both. Obviously not at the same time :p I can take a lot of shit if I decide to, from friends; of course I don't let anyone take advantage of me - friend or not - but I am otherwise really tolerant with their issues. As for being explicitly vengeful, it's usually immediate small things on the spot, I have never sat brooding and concocting a great plan to take real crazy revenge on someone. I guess I didn't need to either. But this is why I don't think of myself as that vengeful. But then it might be because of my black and white thinking about these concepts so I don't notice the "small things" I mentioned (only after much conscious attention).

Alea_iacta_est

Alright. Easy way to tell whether you are 7w8 or 8w7 core.

When something important doesn't go the way you planned it to, do you get more anxious or do you get more angry?

On a side note: You are probably getting closer to the Forer Effect and enter the realm of mistyping with me.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
With the way you talk about yourself I would say not 8, and probably not 7 either.
Found an interesting site about enneagram misindentifications

Hard-working vs Playful ...Both! Fun can come from the hard working too.

Focused vs Scattered ...The first word pair where it's easier to choose. I'll say first, I hate being scattered, I don't feel good that way. I like focus. With certain specific tasks (simple physical stuff), I can sometimes try multitasking as a fun challenge and that's still a focused way of doing the job. If I'm browsing online, I hate having too many open tabs so I don't. Also, I don't have too many interests being active in the same time period because I focus into one of them deep and the rest just isn't interesting. However, I will change to a new interest later, after a long-ish time period, after having done a lot with previous interest. This switching happens unconsciously, I notice after the fact.

Conscientious vs Irresponsible ...I am both. I take some things in life really seriously so I'm conscientious with those and I enjoy self-discipline in working for goals, OTOH I can have a problem with self-discipline in living life in general and I'm not really strongly morally principled so I'm irresponsible too..

Realist vs Optimist ...Both :p I don't believe BS rose coloured glasses stuff, I'm simply incapable of doing that and disinterested in viewing things in that light and I notice the negative in situations easily, glass was always half empty for me :/ compelling me to refill the glass, of course :p. But I'm optimistic in terms of not thinking of failure, so when I go refill the glass, I don't stop thinking "what if I can't" and I'm trusting in future in general and I like to encourage and inspire others.

Gain power vs Have fun ...Gain what kind of power exactly, that's vague to me. ??? But I'll use a concrete example, in sport I want to be more powerful&strong, my concept of having fun in a sport really only comes from that or directly from competition. I don't play sports just to "have fun" in a light way. So, is that a good example? Otoh, I don't work hard to gain social powers as I'm not really part of society that much :/ so I'm just having fun with my life in that sense. Still, I have gained some material powers and am proud of that. What's then the difference between Sp power, Sx power and So power if viewing this from the instinctual variants?

Authoritarian vs Egalitarian ...I like the egalitarian view in theory. I'm not sure about how I go about it in practice. The only thing that comes to mind now, I can be pretty authoritarian in telling my opinion and get surprised if others take it the bad way.

Vengeful vs Tolerant ...I can be both. Obviously not at the same time :p I can take a lot of shit if I decide to, from friends; of course I don't let anyone take advantage of me - friend or not - but I am otherwise really tolerant with their issues. As for being explicitly vengeful, it's usually immediate small things on the spot, I have never sat brooding and concocting a great plan to take real crazy revenge on someone. I guess I didn't need to either. But this is why I don't think of myself as that vengeful. But then it might be because of my black and white thinking about these concepts so I don't notice the "small things" I mentioned (only after much conscious attention).

I can't understand people who open up so easily and submit themselves to others emotionally.

to me the sense of aliveness comes from persevering, if I was to just give up I wouldn't feel satisfied at all. My solution to that isn't to jump to another thing but to keep doing what I'm involved with.

Could you expand on the things I marked bold? I grabbed stuff from earlier posts too.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright. Easy way to tell whether you are 7w8 or 8w7 core.

When something important doesn't go the way you planned it to, do you get more anxious or do you get more angry?

On a side note: You are probably getting closer to the Forer Effect and enter the realm of mistyping with me.

I get angry. But can you tell me what kind of anxiety 7w8 feels in this case? Do they notice their own anxiety and why in the first place do they feel it? I mean, that doesn't make a lot of sense, getting anxious about it.

Side note: I think I know what you mean... I have seen the Forer Effect before, I'm trying to avoid it. :) Do let me know if you think I'm doing anything of that sort though

With the way you talk about yourself I would say not 8, and probably not 7 either.

What way is that? Do elaborate please. Thanks. :)

Do you have another type in mind?

I don't have too many interests being active in the same time period because I focus into one of them deep and the rest just isn't interesting.

Well it's like, I just enjoy being this way. Do ask specific questions if something is unclear about this. :)

I can have a problem with self-discipline in living life in general and I'm not really strongly morally principled.

Well say, I decide to get up at the same time everyday. In practice that's hard to execute. :)

As for the moral principles: I just don't have a consciously built up system about moral ideals that I would keep to.

Example: friend says he never went to exams unprepared because he respected his teachers and thought they didn't deserve such treatment, that is, him as a student going unprepared, so he studied for the exams out of a principle. I studied for the exams not because of such a principle but because I wanted to pass the exams. I didn't care about the teachers at all in this sense. It's actually a foreign idea to me to do something just because someone else would be pleased or out of some feeling of obligation whatnot. None of that's me at all.

I like to encourage and inspire others.

Well "inspire" was maybe a strong word because I'm not quite sure how I would go about actually inspiring someone, but if someone talks about their plans or if they have an issue to solve, I do encourage them.

Hm, inspiration, maybe it was when I was excited about something and others liked the passion and got interested too.

I have gained some material powers and am proud of that.

I meant I like to own material things. I feel good having them. Possessive of my stuff. That actually includes some people to an extent

I can't understand people who open up so easily and submit themselves to others emotionally.

Well I don't understand it because I'm definitely not this way. I really don't need to be rejected. Example, if I'm interested in someone, I don't put myself out there easily in an emotional sense, I don't expect things to be that great automatically. And if things don't go well, I'm not going to stand there crying in desperate sadness. As I said, this isn't even a conscious decision, there's this block inside protecting me from such shit. I'm sorry if I can't explain this very well. Do ask more specific questions please, then maybe I can explain better.

to me the sense of aliveness comes from persevering, if I was to just give up I wouldn't feel satisfied at all. My solution to that isn't to jump to another thing but to keep doing what I'm involved with.

I meant, challenges => feeling of aliveness :) I'm not saying it can't be frustrating if things don't want to work out easily.

This persevering thing also ties into liking to have a focus and having one deep interest at a time.