First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I'm just going to break apart the 8-4-7 because of its possible relevance in this situation.

The 8-4-7 is an unhealthy tritype due to the conflict of 8 and 4 together in a trifix, two opposing types, and the possession of 2 Id types and 1 Ego type, meaning that the Super-Ego is sometimes ignored and it manifests itself in the coping mechanism of assertive/withdrawing/assertive.

Initially, when the 8-4-7 is confronted with a problem/stress, the first instinct is to dominate and tackle the problem head on and aggressively due to 8's vice of lust and physical intensity, but if the 8 coping mechanism is proven to be ineffective, then the 847 switches over to the withdrawing attitude of 4 which will either try to temper the rage caused by Type 8 initially or emotionally charge the rage with brutal intensity to prepare for anyone or problem who dared tried to re-initiate conflict. If this proves unsuccessful, the 847 switches back to assertive in the form of the 7, which is marked by brutal criticism delivered by quick wit and utter straightforwardness, but at this stage the 7's criticisms will be much more physical due to being a last resort phase before entering the unhealthy dimension and possibly even violent if still charged with 4 and 8's paradoxical yet intense energy, impulsiveness gets bolstered by 8's aftershock of rage and causes the 847 to simply give in to unconscious impulses and fight tooth and nail.
    How about 8-7-4 and how about 8-4-5 and 8-5-4?

As for my earlier posts, have you managed to make some sense of it yet? Including my latest post on my way of dealing with stress

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    How about 8-7-4 and how about 8-4-5 and 8-5-4?

As for my earlier posts, have you managed to make some sense of it yet? Including my latest post on my way of dealing with stress
    Will respond after I'm done arguing over on the Theft of Science thread.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Will respond after I'm done arguing over on the Theft of Science thread.
    Lool okay Have fun arguing :P

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Lool okay Have fun arguing :P
    Well now that that is over and done and my entire energy reserve is completely drained, let's begin.

874 would initially act the same way as the 847 by charging in with the 8 fix (this tritype is assertive/assertive/withdrawing) but then would change tone into the brutal criticism of the 7, which would be amplified by the rage of core 8. 4 as the last coping mechanism would withdraw from the debate entirely and would become exceedingly volatile, charged by the impulsitivity of the 7 and the rage of the 8, creating a bit of a hibernating bear of a personality. Leave it alone, and it will leave you alone. Pester it, and it will rip you apart (and then wallow in melodramatic depression and personal nihilism).

I will do the 8-4-5 and 8-5-4 tomorrow, as I'm not even sure that I consciously wrote the above paragraph.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Well now that that is over and done and my entire energy reserve is completely drained, let's begin.

874 would initially act the same way as the 847 by charging in with the 8 fix (this tritype is assertive/assertive/withdrawing) but then would change tone into the brutal criticism of the 7, which would be amplified by the rage of core 8. 4 as the last coping mechanism would withdraw from the debate entirely and would become exceedingly volatile, charged by the impulsitivity of the 7 and the rage of the 8, creating a bit of a hibernating bear of a personality. Leave it alone, and it will leave you alone. Pester it, and it will rip you apart (and then wallow in melodramatic depression and personal nihilism).

I will do the 8-4-5 and 8-5-4 tomorrow, as I'm not even sure that I consciously wrote the above paragraph.
    Thanks. Mhmm it makes a lot more sense putting the 4 after 7 though I'm not sure I interpret the criticism part right, can you elaborate on that later. And OK, I saw the fun debate so I understand haha. Sleep well.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

@Alea_iacta_est I hope you had a good night's sleep since then or two

Socionics
    ILI

@valaki Oh. Sorry, I forgot about what I was doing here.

These will be a bit more from personal experience and subjective experience since I am of the 845 tritype and have a strong connection to 5 that would make me oscillate coping mechanisms between 845 and 854.

8-4-5: 1 Id type (Assertive), 2 Ego types (Withdrawn).

When faced with a problem, this type will use the coping mechanism of the 8 as its first line of attack, meaning that the person will attempt to dominate the problem to solve it as quickly and intensely as possible and with great force. The 8 will be very profound in this tritype as this tritype is a bit infamous for being over-confident and unyielding to outside opinions (due to the tritype's immense mapping of systems to understand the world and human motivation (which might be part of the reason why I think I'm Ti heavy, but that's besides the point) and will usually be extremely skeptical as to what they allow into their systems, to the point where the individual is simply putting up a fight to resist new, untrusted information) and the fact that 8 is the dominant and core type of this trifix. If the 8 coping mechanism is found useless, this tritype immediately transitions to a withdrawn coping mechanism to preserve their identity and emotions (which are usually disproportionate due to 8 slamming all emotion toward anger/rage). From here, the 845 can either try and calm down, or conversely cause a rekindling of the 8 coping mechanism if emotional intensity and the feeling of weakness in not being able to dominate a problem quickly is met with more anger, but this leads to a much more antagonistic, unhealthy 8 coping mechanism. From 4, the 845 detaches from the situation by using the 5's coping mechanism of withdrawing coupled with Non-attachment. In this phase, the 845 can detach from emotions entirely, or, on the other hand, become entirely hermetic in order to wait out the problem and not face the problem which is making the 845 dramatically realize that his or her fear of being weak, lost, and incompetent (in that order) and causes a path of disintegration.

8-5-4 is almost exactly the same except reverse the order of 5 and 4 and cut out the bits with 4 rejuvenating to 8 and save that for the last slot.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

@valaki Oh. Sorry, I forgot about what I was doing here.

These will be a bit more from personal experience and subjective experience since I am of the 845 tritype and have a strong connection to 5 that would make me oscillate coping mechanisms between 845 and 854.

8-4-5: 1 Id type (Assertive), 2 Ego types (Withdrawn).

When faced with a problem, this type will use the coping mechanism of the 8 as its first line of attack, meaning that the person will attempt to dominate the problem to solve it as quickly and intensely as possible and with great force. The 8 will be very profound in this tritype as this tritype is a bit infamous for being over-confident and unyielding to outside opinions (due to the tritype's immense mapping of systems to understand the world and human motivation (which might be part of the reason why I think I'm Ti heavy, but that's besides the point) and will usually be extremely skeptical as to what they allow into their systems, to the point where the individual is simply putting up a fight to resist new, untrusted information) and the fact that 8 is the dominant and core type of this trifix. If the 8 coping mechanism is found useless, this tritype immediately transitions to a withdrawn coping mechanism to preserve their identity and emotions (which are usually disproportionate due to 8 slamming all emotion toward anger/rage). From here, the 845 can either try and calm down, or conversely cause a rekindling of the 8 coping mechanism if emotional intensity and the feeling of weakness in not being able to dominate a problem quickly is met with more anger, but this leads to a much more antagonistic, unhealthy 8 coping mechanism. From 4, the 845 detaches from the situation by using the 5's coping mechanism of withdrawing coupled with Non-attachment. In this phase, the 845 can detach from emotions entirely, or, on the other hand, become entirely hermetic in order to wait out the problem and not face the problem which is making the 845 dramatically realize that his or her fear of being weak, lost, and incompetent (in that order) and causes a path of disintegration.

8-5-4 is almost exactly the same except reverse the order of 5 and 4 and cut out the bits with 4 rejuvenating to 8 and save that for the last slot.
    Wow, that's me. But I think I'm more 854 than 845.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

The thing is I said I prefer to deny/ignore the feeling of danger. I'm not quite sure if I actually constantly see the world as being very dangerous in some unconscious way. I'm really this adept at denying such fears. I am good though at protecting myself in a Sp sense. (I am not totally excluding Sp-first btw.) Quite honestly, I don't like doing it, I don't like focusing on the aspect of the danger being present itself, because it kind of makes me feel "less powerful". But I do deal with danger and it can be quite ok, the process itself, of fighting it . I don't do this by hoarding knowledge though. Getting more knowledge on an issue is an afterthought always. I might be doing it while in the process of doing whatever. It does make me feel better to have knowledge overall.

--> curious, what was the cp6-ish bit in this?

Now, if I can't do anything about the thing, I first just explode with anger, very frustrated. Depending on how big the issue is, it can be outright raging. Totally uninhibited, I don't care to repress and I wouldn't be able to anyway. If it's an issue that's going on for longer, I can secretly get into self-pity temporarily and I will admit that I enjoy that, the intensity of the emotions. I will become more reactive than usual as well and that says something because I'm pretty reactive by default. :p More angry, more impulsive, all that. Then, it's also happened that I just detached, felt nothing, ignored the issue, withdrew from everything and survived that way. I also learned some new knowledge in the process humm... I was sometimes also pretty passive, feeling like I didn't even have the energy to move my muscles, but such complete passivity luckily only lasted for a short time. Once in my life it also happened that I just focused on delving into certain things, er, call them sensations, a lot more, a lot more impulsively than ever and I was feeling pretty much myself, not stressed at all heh. Unfortunately it was pretty much an addiction. It worked pretty well to ignore the issue for a while but then I went back to the issue after all and confronted it and that felt great too as I finally saw a way out.

--> This sound anything like the 854/845?

Though I didn't talk about my way of dealing with information like you talked about above, because I excluded that from the "real stress" category, I don't yet feel too stressed I guess

PS: As for "immense mapping of systems to understand the world and human motivation", I don't directly do that with human motivation, though I guess to a degree, sure

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

"874 would initially act the same way as the 847 by charging in with the 8 fix (this tritype is assertive/assertive/withdrawing) but then would change tone into the brutal criticism of the 7, which would be amplified by the rage of core 8. 4 as the last coping mechanism would withdraw from the debate entirely and would become exceedingly volatile, charged by the impulsitivity of the 7 and the rage of the 8, creating a bit of a hibernating bear of a personality. Leave it alone, and it will leave you alone. Pester it, and it will rip you apart (and then wallow in melodramatic depression and personal nihilism)."

I do relate to this too, though, just not the brutal criticism as much, but can you elaborate what that exactly means for a 7?