MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I'll take a look at this.

Btw, your way of going about this seems very Ti.
    Yeah <3 Ti

And thanks for looking at it!

The bullies never remember...their victims never forget. Old story, and true in my case.
    Well I'm going to sound really 7-ish now but don't dwell on the past. :P

I generally don't, though I'm sure it affects me on some unconscious level.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

@small.wonder

I'll continue here as mentioned in the other thread.

You really think you know my entire communication style from a few posts in one single thread?

As for 8w9, I don't relate to the descriptions I read, I'm not THAT introverted. If you got a good one, sure, I'll read it and see.
    Nope, I actually checked out a couple other threads you recently posted in (this one specifically) to check myself before I wrote that. Even so, of course I don't know your "entire communication style", just the way it feels. The last thing I ever want to do is tell someone what type they are or are not. Still, I'm pretty free with my observations and find no need to sugar coat.
    Alright sure no need to sugar coat.

You are right about one thing, when I'm not actively involved, I'm pretty even/calm, that's my default. Self-reflection is one of those situations, though self-reflection itself is sure not my default. I don't know if that's type related and if so, MBTI or enneagram or what.

My 8w9 question was just that, not an assigning of the type to yourself. I can see from your response that despite the soft vibe I get from you, you are indeed reactive! Haha.
    Meh :p

8w9 is not necessarily more introverted than 8w7 actually. Both wings could be an extrovert or an introvert, as aforementioned. The distinction is often made in terms of "lightweight" (8w7) who jabs quick and sharp with long endurance, and heavyweight (8w9) slower to anger, who preserves their energy for one powerful motion. Both are capable of serious destruction, they just approach it with different energy. Also in regards to anxiety/high energy: 8w7 can almost quiver with energy/anticipation, I've witnessed this in my Dad even in physically (it's like he's wired, that's the 7). 8w9 on the other hand has been said to be the least anxious type because of the tranquility that 9 brings to the picture.
    Actually, "introverted" was just a quick summary of my impression of the subtype. The way you contrast 8w7 with 8w9 here, I relate to 8w7 a lot more. It was always pretty obvious I'm not a type 9, type 7 less obvious.

This is the best description I could find so far on the internet via this thread
    Thanks. I don't relate that much. I actually should learn more diplomacy or whatever 8w9 seems to have, to use when I'm angry. What I can see in myself is that calm default I mentioned above. If I have to wait somewhere or something, I can really "tune out". That assuming I'm not being impatient, all mobilized ready to go. Because that happens too, depending.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Alright sure no need to sugar coat.

You are right about one thing, when I'm not actively involved, I'm pretty even/calm, that's my default. Self-reflection is one of those situations, though self-reflection itself is sure not my default. I don't know if that's type related and if so, MBTI or enneagram or what.
    Which is exactly why I thought a look at 8w9 might be worth a shot. Your calmness could just be a product of the general "grounded" nature of 8, which is more matter-of-fact than it is serene (if that makes sense).

Actually, "introverted" was just a quick summary of my impression of the subtype. The way you contrast 8w7 with 8w9 here, I relate to 8w7 a lot more. It was always pretty obvious I'm not a type 9, type 7 less obvious.
    Cool, I'm glad that at least solidified your perception of type. How would you rate yourself in terms of health?

Thanks. I don't relate that much. I actually should learn more diplomacy or whatever 8w9 seems to have, to use when I'm angry. What I can see in myself is that calm default I mentioned above. If I have to wait somewhere or something, I can really "tune out". That assuming I'm not being impatient, all mobilized ready to go. Because that happens too, depending.
    I could learn that too, though I think of it more as tact (which I don't have).

When you "tune out" is that just to the world around you? Where does your mind go when you do this?
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Which is exactly why I thought a look at 8w9 might be worth a shot. Your calmness could just be a product of the general "grounded" nature of 8, which is more matter-of-fact than it is serene (if that makes sense).
    Yeah but that's my *default*. Doesn't mean I'm always like that. Actually, to give you a more complete picture, on top of that default I can pretty easily layer a sort of excitedness. I can move out of the dispassionate matter-of-fact state and become passionate easily. (And I can get reactive or angry and whatnot easily too ;p)

Cool, I'm glad that at least solidified your perception of type. How would you rate yourself in terms of health?
    I think I used to be more healthy, average or maybe 1 level above average in certain aspects but things have not been going too well lately and so I see a bad tendency :/.

I could learn that too, though I think of it more as tact (which I don't have).
    Yes, tact is a good word for that actually.

When you "tune out" is that just to the world around you? Where does your mind go when you do this?
    Yes, the world around me. Though I retain a basic spatial awareness of my surroundings. Mind goes nowhere, just an empty mind. Sometimes a few fleeting thoughts. What's that then?

I'll also add, that taken to an extreme can be my way of meditation. Just stare at an external "point". Refreshing.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Yeah but that's my *default*. Doesn't mean I'm always like that. Actually, to give you a more complete picture, on top of that default I can pretty easily layer a sort of excitedness. I can move out of the dispassionate matter-of-fact state and become passionate easily. (And I can get reactive or angry and whatnot easily too ;p)
    Matter-of-fact meets intensity, yes?

I think I used to be more healthy, average or maybe 1 level above average in certain aspects but things have not been going too well lately and so I see a bad tendency :/.
    Eh, we all have our ups and downs, even in a single day. I asked about health because I still cannot get over the gentleness/calmness in the way you communicate, and wondered if it was just because you are super healthy (not the case). It's just so interesting.

Yes, the world around me. Though I retain a basic spatial awareness of my surroundings. Mind goes nowhere, just an empty mind. Sometimes a few fleeting thoughts. What's that then?

I'll also add, that taken to an extreme can be my way of meditation. Just stare at an external "point". Refreshing.
    That is very 9-ish. 9's are all about serenity and can totally just zone out if they decide to. 7 on the other hand is always busy upstairs (in their mind) and often they even struggle to shut that off and find calm. They actually avoid calm because then they might actually feel something negative or have to deal with inner work (which they fear).

Perhaps you just have balanced wings but there is a definite 9 influence here.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Matter-of-fact meets intensity, yes?
    Yes, that's the best.

Eh, we all have our ups and downs, even in a single day. I asked about health because I still cannot get over the gentleness/calmness in the way you communicate, and wondered if it was just because you are super healthy (not the case). It's just so interesting.
    Hey you need to see me while I have one of my rages. :P

About ups and downs, sure, but there are also general tendencies over a longer period and I was talking about that.

If I was to go into more detail on that, would that give more info on my type etc.?

That is very 9-ish. 9's are all about serenity and can totally just zone out if they decide to. 7 on the other hand is always busy upstairs (in their mind) and often they even struggle to shut that off and find calm. They actually avoid calm because then they might actually feel something negative or have to deal with inner work (which they fear).
    See, that's one of the things why I don't relate to core 7.

Though I can't say I'm all just about serenity and zoning out. I'm just easily capable of doing so but I prefer feeling alive.

Perhaps you just have balanced wings but there is a definite 9 influence here.
    I was thinking about having balanced wings originally but I see myself more in the 8w7 descriptions overall.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Ah btw.. that thing about 5 vs 9, do you have a way to explain the difference? I'm still curious about that.
    It's not an easy question, it's essentially attachment vs non-attachment... Steve Wozniak vs Bill Gates.

Dexter is a 3w2 but his way of thinking is like a 5w6

{The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    It's not an easy question, it's essentially attachment vs non-attachment... Steve Wozniak vs Bill Gates.
    What kind of attachment?

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Yeah <3 Ti

Welcome!

Oh, but how I will dwell. Like I prior said, I'm more or less tied with 4 as my core type--this is one example of why and how.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Yeah <3 Ti

Welcome!

Oh, but how I will dwell. Like I prior said, I'm more or less tied with 4 as my core type--this is one example of why and how.