• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thinking I'm an ISFJ, but not sure

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I would guess E over I.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
That's a definite possibility, as I did score ESFP on a test pretty recently. I'm not sure why I got E over I on that test, I forget. If you could, why do you think I'm E over I? I'd be interested in hearing why you think that. (All this personality stuff is so interesting to me.) :)
Haha, me too :)

13. It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd either lie and feel extremely bad about it and want to call them back but fear that the plans without me were already made, or I'd just go and forget about the show. If I was in a good mood I'd definitely forego watching the show and go out with my friends.

19. You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'd probably go out to populated events so I could meet and hang out with new people (Specifically, I want to find a partner and hang out with them, get to know each other, and make love.). I don't know if I can see myself fulfilling that wish, but I don't like being so resigned to this lazy 'eat/sleep/watch TV' life so I really wanna get out there.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ (and 9w1), because of your reaction to non-comformists, your pre-determined automatic responses.
"I either look up new information and run through it in my head or just theorize." That's rather vague, but I'll put it in the Sensor category. It depends on what you're actually doing with the information. Sounds like a preference toward introversion, either way.
http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFJ.html
"They constantly take in information about people and situations that is personally important to them, and store it away. This tremendous store of information is usually startlingly accurate, because the ISFJ has an exceptional memory about things that are important to their value systems. It would not be uncommon for the ISFJ to remember a particular facial expression or conversation in precise detail years after the event occurred, if the situation made an impression on the ISFJ."

Internalizing feelings is an ISFJ trait.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Hey, thanks for replying, and special thanks for that startingly accurate definition of how I store memories. Looking back on the question in which you quoted my answer, I think I didn't read the question accurately. If I want to learn about something new, I look it up online and think about all these possible situations I or others could deal with--fantasies. The stuff I read about has to do with psychology, self-destructive activities, etc.

How about I be so kind and give both you and Mal $5? Hell, make it $10! ;)
Yay!

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
You sound like some of the ISxJ's in my research program... there are more than often expected in there :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, thanks for replying, and special thanks for that startingly accurate definition of how I store memories. Looking back on the question in which you quoted my answer, I think I didn't read the question accurately. If I want to learn about something new, I look it up online and think about all these possible situations I or others could deal with--fantasies. The stuff I read about has to do with psychology, self-destructive activities, etc.

Fantasies of a concrete nature? Nothing paranormal, futuristic...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The fantasies about me are usually either ones where I hit rock bottom, a few years from now, or where I have a career as a cool, quirky-ish actor, also in a few years time. They're fantasies that help uplift me a little (yes, even the 'rock bottom' ones in a way). My answers on this question keep changing by the second, because now I don't even think I have fantasies about other people, unless I'm involved in some way.

Rock-bottom in what way?

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Huh, really? I wouldn't expect a whole bunch of them in there, maybe only a handful. What other careers do you see ISxJs as typically being into?

In the program, they're often the ones who'd focus more on rote memorization/structured teaching rather than implementing research... but they're very thorough and productive. I'd generally see ISxJ's in many places: (during my undergraduate career) they'd tend to stay further away from philosophy or the physical sciences (physics/chemistry)... while gravitating toward engineering/math, business, psychology, biology, etc. So... you could imagine the many careers that would fall under those majors.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Granted I'm no expert in the world of prostituting, but I would prefer for my customers to set the price. If I couldn't do that, then I'd go pretty cheap and make the prices vary based on the sexual acts I'm doing.

Kewl. I may just be in your area in a few years.