• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram n00b needing help in distinguishing type/tritype!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting, how do you type?

usually by having them fill out an open ended questionnaire and analyzing for enneagram specific themes/thought processes etc. asking such loaded questions is subject to the Forer Effect and people answering what they want to be rather than what they actually are.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To feel loved:
To have everyone like you and be popular - Type 3
To be appreciated for the things you do for others - Type 2
To have emotional/physical support and guidance - Type 6
I say with a little more confidence now 7w6 - 9w8 - 3w2

actually, this is 2. 3 is about "I want to be at the top", "I will do whatever it takes to be the best". they care about prestige, not likability. 3w2 will use their charm and social skills to build contacts and move more quickly up the latter, but, at the end of the day, it's a means to an end.

Alea_iacta_est

actually, this is 2. 3 is about "I want to be at the top", "I will do whatever it takes to be the best". they care about prestige, not likability. 3w2 will use their charm and social skills to build contacts and move more quickly up the latter, but, at the end of the day, it's a means to an end.

Will you help me build upon these statements to figure out a simple way to figure out somebodies type? I had to fix the type 1 statement because originally it said fear of being amoral, but I realized the fear of being imperfect, flawed, and corrupt seemed much more likely.

My aim is to simply the fears and desires of each of the types that will pander to both sexes and possible wings.

I imagine for a 2, a more adequate desire would be something like "I want to feel appreciated"

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Will you help me build upon these statements to figure out a simple way to figure out somebodies type? I had to fix the type 1 statement because originally it said fear of being amoral, but I realized the fear of being imperfect, flawed, and corrupt seemed much more likely.
My aim is to simply the fears and desires of each of the types that will pander to both sexes and possible wings.
I imagine for a 2, a more adequate desire would be something like "I want to feel appreciated"

sure, though I'll have to get back to you on it. I'm a bit too sick to do any serious thinking at the moment :tongue:

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION], this might help, I originally created it in response to a Socionics video questionnaire in another thread but it might help your Enneagram type me further if you have spare time and you don't mind listening to me drone on about myself :p

Thanks!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20499]alphashallows[/MENTION]
I see 4w3 So/Sx with a 9w1 fix (6w7 is possible, but less likely)

PS: you're definitely an xNFP of some sort

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
I see 4w3 So/Sx with a 9w1 fix (6w7 is possible, but less likely)

PS: you're definitely an xNFP of some sort

Interesting. Anything in particular that makes you say that?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting. Anything in particular that makes you say that?

I just watched the first 5 minutes or so, but
4: you place a lot of emphasis on what is really "you", spend a lot of time reflecting on your feelings and spend most of your energy/thoughts on creating some sort of creative vision
3 wing: you strike me as a lot more organized and pragmatic than a 4w5, with more of a clear vision for what you want to achieve
So/Sx: clearly Sp last (based on what you believed to be the most important aspects of college and the way you left promising career prospects that you didn't vibe with on a moment's notice)

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
I just watched the first 5 minutes or so, but
4: you place a lot of emphasis on what is really "you", spend a lot of time reflecting on your feelings and spend most of your energy/thoughts on creating some sort of creative vision
3 wing: you strike me as a lot more organized and pragmatic than a 4w5, with more of a clear vision for what you want to achieve
So/Sx: clearly Sp last (based on what you believed to be the most important aspects of college and the way you left promising career prospects that you didn't vibe with on a moment's notice)

Oooh that makes sense. I've typed as 4w3 and 7w6 mainly on online tests, 7w6 more often. I related to the description of 7w6 but I just didn't know if I had the extreme energy levels the typical 7 descriptions discussed. Also 9w8 appears last in my triad on tests a lot, what made you say the 1 wing?

Would you put 4w3 first for sure then based on what you've seen?

It might help for me to say I'm pretty sure I'm an extrovert. Not VERY extroverted, but slightly more than I am introverted. I've heard that xNFPs tend not to seem extremely introverted or extroverted and fall somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.

Thanks btw :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in that case, yeah, ENFP it is (Tertiary Te makes a lot of sense)
I could see 7w6. I'll watch more of the video, but at this point you seem more 4 (though a probably a fairly integrated, pragmatic 4 with a strong 3 wing).
as for 9w1 vs 9w8, I could see either.

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
in that case, yeah, ENFP it is (Tertiary Te makes a lot of sense)
I could see 7w6. I'll watch more of the video, but at this point you seem more 4 (though a probably a fairly integrated, pragmatic 4 with a strong 3 wing).
as for 9w1 vs 9w8, I could see either.

Sounds good, let me know what you think and thanks for watching me waffle on about myself in the name of typing.