MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    To feel loved:
    To have everyone like you and be popular - Type 3
    To be appreciated for the things you do for others - Type 2
    To have emotional/physical support and guidance - Type 6

I say with a little more confidence now 7w6 - 9w8 - 3w2
    That looks like it could be right, although just wondering what do you think of 3w4 or 4w3 for the last? I ask because I see the 3 reason for the "loved" desire, but I think I definitely identify more with both the 4 fear and desire rather than 3.

This is great btw, thanks

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by alphashallows View Post
    That looks like it could be right, although just wondering what do you think of 3w4 or 4w3 for the last? I ask because I see the 3 reason for the "loved" desire, but I think I definitely identify more with both the 4 fear and desire rather than 3.

This is great btw, thanks
    Well, it's possible that you might be a 3w4, you would be much less subtle about trying to get attention, unlike the 3w2 attention whore (no offense :P). 3w4s are usually more shrewd than their 3w2 counterparts and it also provides the 3s narcissism with the reinforced 4 "I want to be special and unique". This leads to the whole I want to do something with this world, and I want to be famous and admired for fixing something or doing something. 3w2 want to be admired and famous for taking care of people, 3w4s want to be admired and famous for being unique and being the special person who fixed something.

I started working with this method so it would be easier to type people who didn't know much about the enneagram. I didn't do anything like this to figure out my type, and instead became hit with the giant pool of knowledge of the enneagram, leaving me utterly confused as to what my type was. I realized that I could probably help new people figure out their types from my knowledge of each type's fears and desires, for newer people's minds haven't been biased by much enneagram information yet and will be more inclined to pick their actual fear and desire.

MBTI
    ENFP

Well, it's possible that you might be a 3w4, you would be much less subtle about trying to get attention, unlike the 3w2 attention whore (no offense :P). 3w4s are usually more shrewd than their 3w2 counterparts and it also provides the 3s narcissism with the reinforced 4 "I want to be special and unique". This leads to the whole I want to do something with this world, and I want to be famous and admired for fixing something or doing something. 3w2 want to be admired and famous for taking care of people, 3w4s want to be admired and famous for being unique and being the special person who fixed something.
    Interesting. I think 3w4 makes more sense here now that you put it like that - any popularity and likeability I claim to seek comes from a desire for people to like me for my quirkiness and sense of humour/intellect as opposed to being seen as caring, specifically, so 3w4 feels better in that sense. I think I'm kind of a slow burn though, I'm not very in your face about it.

How do you determine the variant?

Socionics
    ILI

How do you determine the variant?
    Now for that, I have no fucking clue, but, here are some core 7 stacking descriptions (the 7w6 ones are buried in the depths of google probably), try to pick the most honest one, not the one you like the most.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...agram-7-a.html

MBTI
    ENFP

Now for that, I have no fucking clue, but, here are some core 7 stacking descriptions (the 7w6 ones are buried in the depths of google probably), try to pick the most honest one, not the one you like the most.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...agram-7-a.html
    Thanks, this was really helpful.

Think I'm Sp/So. Makes the most sense. Happy with 7w6-9w8 - on the fence with the last one. I think 3w4 is probably it though. Now to devour information...

Socionics
    ILI

Thanks, this was really helpful.

Think I'm Sp/So. Makes the most sense. Happy with 7w6-9w8 - on the fence with the last one. I think 3w4 is probably it though. Now to devour information...
    Since your third fix isn't going to play as crucial of a part in your personality as the other two, you might wanna go check out tritype descriptions.
    The ones I suggest to look at first:
    2-7-9 The Peacemaker
    3-7-9 The Ambassador
    4-7-9 The "Gentle Spirit" (Highly inaccurate name, when 7 is dominant it becomes more extroverted and it is already triple imaginative)

MBTI
    ENFP

Since your third fix isn't going to play as crucial of a part in your personality as the other two, you might wanna go check out tritype descriptions.
    The ones I suggest to look at first:
    2-7-9 The Peacemaker
    3-7-9 The Ambassador
    4-7-9 The "Gentle Spirit" (Highly inaccurate name, when 7 is dominant it becomes more extroverted and it is already triple imaginative)
    Yeah the "gentle spirit" thing is gross. However I think I'm pretty ok now on 7w6-9w8-4w3 sp/so. The 479 tritype as a whole reads better for me than 279 or 379 (except for the fairy/ethereal thing... what in the world?)

This is fun!

Socionics
    ILI

Yeah the "gentle spirit" thing is gross. However I think I'm pretty ok now on 7w6-9w8-4w3 sp/so. The 479 tritype as a whole reads better for me than 279 or 379 (except for the fairy/ethereal thing... what in the world?)

This is fun!
    Yeah, especially as a 7-dom you are going to clash with the 4-doms in that tritype, but it's all good.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Alea_iacta_est
    these questions are too explicit. most 6s would not tell you they seek "support and guidance" above all else; most male 2s would not tell you they desire to be loved above all else.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Alea_iacta_est
    these questions are too explicit. most 6s would not tell you they seek "support and guidance" above all else; most male 2s would not tell you they desire to be loved above all else.
    Interesting, how do you type?