• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What will it be?

baccheion

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I've always been quiet, so that much has been clear, but my intuitive function has never seemed that strong, and so that much has been unclear to me. Also, during low periods or at random times, I find myself locked into a judgmental, sour, negative attitude that I can't shake. This is all prior to my current insanity, and is the state I want to use to determine my type.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Freedom, happiness, accomplishment, achievement (invention, innovation, creative contributions), peace of mind, love, a nice house and a nice car, understanding, etc.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
My creative juices were flowing, I was fluent, and I was happy.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Patronage, pity, being misunderstood.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I work really hard to ignore my current feelings, and everyone's current feelings/needs to look at both the long term, and what really makes sense. Feelings are so fickle, manipulable, and fleeting that it seems unwise (in most cases) to rely on them for decision making. I understand the need to not jar everyone or cause them misery, but usually to achieve the best decisions, one has to look past current feelings and factor more into the equation. There is usually flexibility, because as more is factored in and a better understanding of the situation is reached, and there is a better understanding of the options available and the implications of going each route, the right decision usually makes itself clear. Usually everyone's needs ends up being met anyway, but if it ever came down to it (which I don't know why it should), I would go with the correct decision over what made everyone feel good.

When making personal decisions, I usually just go with my gut, or, if necessary, I seek advice/data. I don't think about people, and I don't go down the path of numbing my mind listing out pros and cons to the point that everything has to be explicitly dealt with. I do enough and search for enough information to get a good understanding of the problem and options, then I go with the best one I can think of. If the best one isn't good enough, then I stall out as I scour the earth and wrack my brain trying to find a better one.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
When working on a project I prefer to work with like-minded folks who prefer to mostly work autonomously (so we only start collaborating when there is an actual need, which hopefully won't be too often), or I prefer to work alone. I usually don't care about the direction of the project as long as things are being done properly, but I've had a string of bad luck in life, and the people who appoint themselves the almighty leaders of the projects I'm apart of end up being stupid, power hungry, etc, and need to be overthrown or constantly guided lest the project fail. This has caused me to be more involved in things other than getting the work done more than I'd like. Also, sometimes I find myself having to drain myself taking control so some idiot doesn't come along and get in my way by trying to tell me what to do, or by bossing me around, or by suggesting something stupid so they can take credit for everything. These situations aside, I care more about ensuring that everything goes well, and about doing my part (the part that drew me to the project in the first place), and about pushing the boundaries as much as possible with my work, and about trying new things. If it's a simple/stupid project then I mostly care about getting it done and out of the way so I can go back to things I consider more important.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I just won a competition, was free from being surrounded by people that drain me (nagging me, telling me to smile, telling me to enjoy myself when I already am, telling me what to do, etc), and was at an amusement park. I remember the experience fondly, because for one of the first times in my life I was on cloud nine (even though I was still calm on the outside), I was free, and I could run around doing what I wanted to do, not what the idiots around me would harass me to do (because they thought it was appropriate).

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Probably to theorize while trying to paint a clear picture in my mind, then I fumble around getting hands on experience to drill it all in. Usually it's a combination of things, and I just jump around doing what I get the hunch to do until I've adequately grasped the concept, or have decided to move on to something else.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I'm organized in that I'm always clear on what I'm about, but I'm not organized in the traditional sense (daily planners, immaculate house, schedule, etc). Part of the reason for this is that I have (well, had) a good memory, and had no need to write every stupid thing down. I also saw many paths to achieve my objective and they'd be constantly generating themselves and swimming around in my mind, and organizing themselves from best to not so good, so I didn't have to spend an inordinate amount of time planning everything out. Everything would just hit me right away, and things would become clear. Also, my organizational methods weren't traditional, or obvious to others, but they were clear to me, made sense to me, fit with how I think, and did the job they were supposed to do: help keep me on track and accelerate my progress. I always thought bending my system to fit someone else's because they thought it appropriate was always stupid, especially when it took a lot of work, was a great departure from what I was already doing, and was just plain inferior and a waste of time.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to think of a way to make it work. Even if I don't think of a way, I don't dismiss the idea, I just leave it there. While I'm thinking of a way to make it work, I'm also being flooded with a million ways the idea could fail, a million modifications that could be made to the idea to produce other (good) ideas (unless the idea is terrible), etc. I definitely try to tear the idea apart and get a better understanding of it and to ensure that I'm not missing anything, but there is some sort of gut reaction filter on this, because doing such things take time, and I don't always have that kinda time. But, again, I don't reject the idea I just let it sit there. Maybe one day I'll get time to look into it, or maybe while going about my business it will take care of itself.

11) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I usually think before speaking (as in, I always have a conclusion in mind, or am close to a conclusion, otherwise I have no position on the issue), but sometimes my mouth moves ahead of my brain, and I just blurt things out. More accurately, I think out loud refining the ideas/thoughts I'm presenting as I'm presenting them. Usually I do this to save time or when my mind is stalling out and is not processing properly. People never understand what I'm saying anyway, and things are fairly clear to me, and when I'm in this mode, I'm mostly refining things and checking my work as I attempt to put across what's on my mind. I usually prefer one-on-one communication, but I actually don't care either way.

12) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I sometimes jump into actions right away if it's immediately clear to me what needs to be done, but usually I look before I leap. Actions, to me, definitely mean more than words.

13) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Tape the show. Go out.

14) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Judgmental, irritable, withdrawn, all while searching for someone who can actually make me feel better (rare enough that I don't hold my breath), or for advice (again, in my life it's rare to get good advice, though the advice givers tend to think the world of the shit they are saying), or for a quiet place where I can chill out, let it all out, and make sense of it all.

15) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Judgmental, stupid, controlling, black/white thinking, annoying, pushy, bossy, overly emotional, projects faults onto other people, blames people for things they didn't do, needy, etc.

16) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Anything that gets me excited, anything that I'm currently working on, anything that fuels the idea factory and stretches the boundaries of what's possible, anything that gets me thinking, anything that makes me go wow, mind-benders.

17) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Day-to-day minutiae, negativity, people telling me what to do, people telling me who I am, anything that gets in my way or that collides with my way of thinking (that is clearly wrong, or that I don't have time to deal with at the time), anything other that what I'm focusing on or immersing myself in.

18) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I don't have many friends, but the ones I've had say I'm quiet (true), serious (sometimes true), reliable (not true), strict (not true), calming to be around (true), smart (true). They'd probably not think I'm generally rude, arrogant, dismissive, cold, unreliable (but I can be), etc. Some people think I'm insecure (because of my body language, or just because I'm quiet and smart (so therefore I'm the stereotypical nerd), but I don't really consider these people friends, and their position in this case is false).

19) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Whatever I feel like. Lounging around the house, watching TV, watching some educational videos online, reading some non-fiction book, writing code, walking around, going on a date, all day sex marathon, all day romance, getting on a plane and going somewhere random, or to some special place I like to retreat to, going to a fair, going to the park, playing some sport, going to see a movie, going on a tour, etc.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Jung/MBTI type: BORE.

...idk... ISTP?? I'm sort of making that up, but I do think it's possible from my perspective.

enn type: 6w5 or 5w6 ...sp first