User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    This sounds like weak Ne. Which makes me think you are an Isfj even more. Intuitive doms or aux will make sense of the all the theorizing. I'm leaning more towards weak Ne than Ni because Ni uses intuition to narrow down possibilities and Ne expands them. From you example you seem to be expanding possibilities. I'd shy away from INFJ simply because they are Ni dom. The things they process with their intuition need to make sense more often than not as that is their dom function. They are also more focused on finding the best fit solution not expanding upon possibilities as you described yourself doing.

Si deals more with memory of detail not the experience in general. I would't rule out Si all together based on your memory.

That is Fe. Introverts with Fe can still be prone to social awkwardness. Fe is a decision function above all else. It makes decisions by weighting its effect on other people. Fi does not do that. Fi makes a decision based on a subjective moral framework. If Fi is doing what they know is right based on that framework they’re not going to particularly care if someone is mad at them. They might even be offended that the other person doesn't understand their unique point of view. They focus on authenticity. They must be true to themselves regardless of outside opinions. In addition F can be (not always) kind of oblivious to what those social rules even are. Many Fi users express frustration with being expected to navigate the social world of Fe. You seem to know what they are and take care to adhere to them which leads me to believe you use Fe.

Don't all people do that? That just sounds like the basic process of getting to know someone. This is also coming from a Fe user so yea lol. Let me ask you this how you decide if you even want to give someone a chance in the first place. How do you know you want to begin this process of getting to know them assuming you had a choice.

Its just that Im pretty sure my mother is ISFJ, and shes so different from me. Thats the reason why I dont think that Im ISFJ.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by lume View Post
    Its just that Im pretty sure my mother is ISFJ, and shes so different from me. Thats the reason why I dont think that Im ISFJ.

My mother is also an ISFJ lol. You can be the same type and still have differences. Type is like the blue print for a house. It tells you where everything is but it won't tell you what is actually in each room or how it's decorated. Your mother is also older than you and how type manifest itself can be altered by age. I would suggest you look at the functions before you compare yourself to others to determine your type. I also picked up on a little function bias. It's important to remember online profiles of the different types and even functions are riddled with bias and stereotypes. I let those things confuse me quite a bit when I was starting out lol. I had to deprogram myself and start over. It also kind of sounds like you have in your mind the type you most likely are and are reluctant to change it. Which is fine. I'd just explore that type and really look at the functions of that type in depth. It also helps to interact with people that share that type on the forum. Yes there is variety within type but usually when you get to the root of an issue on here the thought process of those that share your type will seem familiar if you know what I mean. Good luck. I hope you found something I said helpful. Ooo and if you need a list of good unbiased reading material I have some suggestions
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

Yeah, Ill do that. Could I get a list? (:

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

1."Im Not crazy Im Just Not You" I thought it was a good intro to type book. It's pretty easy to read and gives a brife history of type if im not mistaken.
    2. "Please Understand Me"
    3."Please understand me II" ( Gives a more in depth look at type)
    4. Last but not least "Jung psycological types" ( Huge undertaking and that is why I haven’t read it yet. imo the hardest read but most infromative. It's my new year’s resolution to get through it )

Some side reading
    "The neroscience of personality"
    "Introvert Power"
    "Was that really me" (meh it's ok. It deals with type under stress)
    ...And if you're into religion "Knowing me knowing god"
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman