• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENTP or ESTP?

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20474]OptoGypsy[/MENTION]
Te is applying rigid systems and order to the outside world to draw conclusions based on evidence absorbed from the external world.
Ti is breaking ideas apart and figuring out what each of the parts are doing to the entire system and how that makes sense to you.

Te - Objective systematizing; focusing on utter efficiency
Ti - Subjective categorizing; focusing on understanding

Also, if you identify more with Moriarty, you could have heavier emphasis on Ti if you were to still retain being an ENTP, in Socionics (which is different but still comparable to MBTI) that would be an ILE-Ti, or the ENTp-Ti subtype. That subtype still has the spontaneity of the ENTP but a highly developed Ti can make an ENTP seem INTJ-ish or ENTJ-ish and still retain the ruthless pile-driving Ti function.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You Nailed Me I'm an ENTP

Alea_iacta_est

I find that Socionics usually has better descriptions of personality types than MBTI's classical stereotypes (though Socionics has a bias to ILE)
MBTI ENTP - Mad scientist that is completely insane and debating everything
Socionics ILE - Creative problem solver that can view several different points of view at once

Check these out:
http://personalitycafe.com/socionics-forum/12768-socionics-description-best-entp-guide-ever-written.html
http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=ILE_subtypes (Scroll down to Ti subtype unless you are interested in the Ne one).

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Augustinavičiūtė deserves the highest of high fives for making Myers Briggs seem irrelevant

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

LOL, what did I say?! I knew you'd switch again. :p

Btw characters in movies, they tend to have more than one type, depending on the typer. ;P

Augustinavičiūtė deserves the highest of high fives for making Myers Briggs seem irrelevant

Lol so you're an ILE.

[MENTION=20474]OptoGypsy[/MENTION]
Te is applying rigid systems and order to the outside world to draw conclusions based on evidence absorbed from the external world.
Ti is breaking ideas apart and figuring out what each of the parts are doing to the entire system and how that makes sense to you.

Te - Objective systematizing; focusing on utter efficiency
Ti - Subjective categorizing; focusing on understanding

Hmm nice sum-up. Can someone focus on both?

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL, what did I say?! I knew you'd switch again. :p

Btw characters in movies, they tend to have more than one type, depending on the typer. ;P

Lol so you're an ILE.

Hmm nice sum-up. Can someone focus on both?

You can use both but you typically focus on one, so which one is your default of use, so the one you don't need to try at. I use Ti subconsciously while actually creating a coherent plan before using Te.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can use both but you typically focus on one, so which one is your default of use, so the one you don't need to try at. I use Ti subconsciously while actually creating a coherent plan before using Te.

Yeah that's a good way to put it. People have seen both about me. Still I think my default is Ti.