User Tag List

123 Last

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default EMERGENCY! What are the differences between ENTP and ENFP?

@MasterOfAwesome (who normally doesn't use that name, so no judgy judgy based on that, please) is one of many who would really like to know the differences between ENTPs and ENFPs so he can figure out his type.

Any advice on how to best tell the difference?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Umm.. to me (and perhaps not others), ENTPs Ne-Ti feels wrong to me. I will be the first to admit that ENFP Ne can be quite damaging, meddling with people/things in order to assess our feelings about them, or to just to see what happens to assess some data in service of moral understanding. ENTP Ne meddling feels a lot more impersonal to me, and indifferent to the individual, this raises my Fi alarms. They're one of the types to most anger me on the internets.

I've heard claims that ENTPs have a tendency to have a lopsided grin.

They are also much more likely to debate for the sake of debate and play the devil's advocate. ENFPs argue to defend something.

Hmm.. if I think of more, I'll drop back in.

WALMART

Fi types have a depth of emotion intertwined with their rationality.

Ti types base the substance of their rationality on merit alone, irrespective of this depth.

In Jung's words, "Thinking tells you what an object is, Feeling tells you if that object is agreeable."

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If I had to pick a most-negative description for them, it'd be "ruthless" for the ENTP and "crazy" for the ENFP. The difference is pretty clear to me - Fi-flavoured Ne goes overboard with the emotions/values stuff, and Ti-flavoured Ne goes overboard in the other direction, ignoring values stuff.

If you got offended by this, you're probably ENFP. If you were flattered, you're probably ENTP.
    -end of thread-

That does sound like an emergency.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    That does sound like an emergency.
    It is. I can't afford to lose this virtual ten bucks.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    If I had to pick a most-negative description for them, it'd be "ruthless" for the ENTP and "crazy" for the ENFP. The difference is pretty clear to me - Fi-flavoured Ne goes overboard with the emotions/values stuff, and Ti-flavoured Ne goes overboard in the other direction, ignoring values stuff.

If you got offended by this, you're probably ENFP. If you were flattered, you're probably ENTP.
    I definitely do not go overboard with emotions and values. Indeed, I don't even have any definitive values. I do whatever seems to benefit me, and I frequently question the significance of values.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfAwesome View Post
    I definitely do not go overboard with emotions and values. Indeed, I don't even have any definitive values. I do whatever seems to benefit me, and I frequently question the significance of values.
    You mean you question the significance of morals? Doing whatever seems to benefit you is a value. Also, your answers to those questions you posted didn't read like this is what you do.

Stop being different people!
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post

Lol I really got a bit offended by this AT FIRST, but only because you wrote ENTPs can be ruthless. Thats nothing that should be associated with type.

Descriptions taken from myersbriggs.org

ENTP
    Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.

ENFP
    Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

"I also prioritize the concept of honor and morality, but only if it sounds reasonable. For example, it would be absurd to defend your realm for the honor of defending it and because it is your duty when a myriad of behemoths and giant lizards are marching towards you. Oh, and I also prize intellect and humor.

Otherwise, I really don't give a damn about values so long as they benefit me psychologically."

I suspect I may be Bipolar, but I'm not fully sure.