• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You have my permission to type me!

What is my type?

• INTP

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I never review my essays. Nah, that's inaccurate, I do occasionally do a quick perusal just to scourge for grammatical mistakes. I think it would be more accurate to say that I hate reviewing essays. I also dislike going over the work that I have already done, unless it has been evaluated. Then I gladly admire the 'masterpiece' at my leisure.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe you're just too young to type right now.

Not everyone can be typical and thorough types at that age.

hornet

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I never review my essays. Nah, that's inaccurate, I do occasionally do a quick perusal just to scourge for grammatical mistakes. I think it would be more accurate to say that I hate reviewing essays. I also dislike going over the work that I have already done, unless it has been evaluated. Then I gladly admire the 'masterpiece' at my leisure.

Great case closed as far as I've concerned.
ENTP.
See ya! :bye:

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Well, at least I know that I'm an xNTP (most likely ENTP, it seems). Now, if a new poster arrives and claims that I'm an ESFJ, I'll explode.
Thank you for your assistance, people.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Let's see... [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION], @TheGreatOne, [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], @....

A little help, here, guys!

Ahh my first mention from Amar!! This is a personal accomplishment for me.

Two or three of those are terrible examples. Why are you trying to confuse him more?!?
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] says he's ENTP, right? Or has he changed that?

Fuckit; I'm making a thread.

:cry: Am I one of the good ones at least?

In regards to T vs. F - I think, despite what the test results on my signature tell you, I've never questioned not being an F. I mean sure I've thought about being a T before. I've considered loads of different types really - ESFP, ESFJ, ENFJ, INFP, ISFP, ISFJ, INFJ, ENTP, ESTJ, and ESTP. Types others have considered for me (but then went back to ENFP) are the first three on that list. Actually I find it interesting no one wonders whether I'm an INFP or not. I think EF types in general can be easy to point out because their interaction style is generally pleasant and warm (also three of them, minus ENFJ share the Get-Things-Going Interaction Style and even then ENFJ has a more Get-Things-Going-esque style of In-Charge communication). None of them were really serious considerations, but notice that I've wondered about being literally every single F type there is and only three T types. Even then, the T types I considered had some qualities that overlapped with ENFP (ETP and Pe-dominance, ENTP and Ne-dominance, ESTJ with functional preference, all with extroversion, etc). I wouldn't know how to explain how I'm so clearly F that me being a T sounds ridiculous even to myself, because that's just who I am. It was obvious to me when I only knew the four letter dichotomies, it was obvious to me when I learned about Jungian functions (Fi vs. Ti specifically). I guess I didn't even need to reevaluate my past behavior because I automatically had a connection to what I "am" on these personality inventories. This easily isn't the case for most people. This may be weird to say considering that I'm only a year older than you, but I agree that it's probably harder to type yourself when you're young because we're still maturing and learning about life and how to deal with it. I'm just so clearly ENFP (to myself at least) that it's easier for me. For many others it probably isn't the case. :shrug: Actually starting college helped a lot when it came to deciding my type. Not MBTI-wise, but Enneagram-wise. I had previously thought of myself as sx/so and while I admit I have a lot of sx in me it's very clear to me now that I'm so/sx. I probably wouldn't have figured that out if college hadn't pushed me out of my comfort zone. It's in moments like that where we can clearly see what kind of people we truly are.

Anyway, I agree with Amar that your username seems really stereotypically ENTP (even the thread title seems ENTP too), but I haven't read the OP yet so I'll go do that now. I'll just go through it thought by thought because I don't feel like typing out another paragraph.

@ #2: The fact that you typed as ISTJ during a depressive phase could serve as an indicator for ENFP. There are multiple theories for how types get stressed (moving to their tertiary/inferior functions, ENFP -> ISTJ, reversing the extroverted/introverted nature of their functions - using their "shadow functions", ENFP -> INFJ, or a combination of both, ENFP -> ESTP) so it depends on how you see it. Personally I prefer the idea of moving to tert/inf functions because that directly parallels 7 (most common E-Type for ENFP) disintegrating to 1 (most common E-Type for ISTJ, I think anyway, 5 might be relatively common too).

@ #4: Haha I relate to the notion that working with your hands blows. Your answer seems pretty ENP to me.

@ #5: Okay yeah you sound 7w8. This answer sounds ENTP too. Fi values are much more rigid and stubborn while Fe values are much more fluid. Not to say Fe has no real set of their own values (people incorrectly assume this far too often), I think your response demonstrates that, it's just much more responsive to its environment due to its extroverted nature. Also the idea of an ENFP who doesn't "give a damn about values" just seems wrong to me.

@ #6: Personally, I would outwardly curse him out.

@ #7: You're 7w8. I like how your 7th question is telling that you're an E7 haha.

@ #8: Most people are generally pretty balanced on the extroversion/introversion scale. I would say the same despite being dubbed "the king of extroversion" by the forum's lovely [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]. :heart: I think we can feel more balanced on this measurement more internally and seem either more extroverted/introverted to others on the outside.

@ #9: Not to say ENFPs aren't practical, but "practical intelligence" seems a little more ENTP to me. Intuition backed by Feeling is much more people-oriented, while Intuition backed by Thinking is much more...hm...I'm not sure how to describe it. Maybe "conceptual?" Hard to get my point across here.

@ #10: E7 --> E1

@ #11: Haha it's crazy how similar we see things here. I also develop attachments to random things that have just been sitting in my room over the years. That inferior Si can be a great thing. It's almost as if they've been there as I've been living my life you know?

@ #12: I lean towards ENTP here too. I could easily point out what subjects frequently run through my mind, as I'm sure many ENFPs here can.

Well there's my $0.02. Hope I helped! My guess so far is ENTP 7w8.

Thank you for the mention again [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] :) This was a fun post.

Edit: how do I expect an E7 to read all of this?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

Anytime, cup cake :smooch:

Tnx for the assist! (AND the back-up :devil:)

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Ahh my first mention from Amar!! This is a personal accomplishment for me.

:cry: Am I one of the good ones at least?

In regards to T vs. F - I think, despite what the test results on my signature tell you, I've never questioned not being an F. I mean sure I've thought about being a T before. I've considered loads of different types really - ESFP, ESFJ, ENFJ, INFP, ISFP, ISFJ, INFJ, ENTP, ESTJ, and ESTP. Types others have considered for me (but then went back to ENFP) are the first three on that list. Actually I find it interesting no one wonders whether I'm an INFP or not. I think EF types in general can be easy to point out because their interaction style is generally pleasant and warm (also three of them, minus ENFJ share the Get-Things-Going Interaction Style and even then ENFJ has a more Get-Things-Going-esque style of In-Charge communication). None of them were really serious considerations, but notice that I've wondered about being literally every single F type there is and only three T types. Even then, the T types I considered had some qualities that overlapped with ENFP (ETP and Pe-dominance, ENTP and Ne-dominance, ESTJ with functional preference, all with extroversion, etc). I wouldn't know how to explain how I'm so clearly F that me being a T sounds ridiculous even to myself, because that's just who I am. It was obvious to me when I only knew the four letter dichotomies, it was obvious to me when I learned about Jungian functions (Fi vs. Ti specifically). I guess I didn't even need to reevaluate my past behavior because I automatically had a connection to what I "am" on these personality inventories. This easily isn't the case for most people. This may be weird to say considering that I'm only a year older than you, but I agree that it's probably harder to type yourself when you're young because we're still maturing and learning about life and how to deal with it. I'm just so clearly ENFP (to myself at least) that it's easier for me. For many others it probably isn't the case. :shrug: Actually starting college helped a lot when it came to deciding my type. Not MBTI-wise, but Enneagram-wise. I had previously thought of myself as sx/so and while I admit I have a lot of sx in me it's very clear to me now that I'm so/sx. I probably wouldn't have figured that out if college hadn't pushed me out of my comfort zone. It's in moments like that where we can clearly see what kind of people we truly are.

Anyway, I agree with Amar that your username seems really stereotypically ENTP (even the thread title seems ENTP too), but I haven't read the OP yet so I'll go do that now. I'll just go through it thought by thought because I don't feel like typing out another paragraph.

@ #2: The fact that you typed as ISTJ during a depressive phase could serve as an indicator for ENFP. There are multiple theories for how types get stressed (moving to their tertiary/inferior functions, ENFP -> ISTJ, reversing the extroverted/introverted nature of their functions - using their "shadow functions", ENFP -> INFJ, or a combination of both, ENFP -> ESTP) so it depends on how you see it. Personally I prefer the idea of moving to tert/inf functions because that directly parallels 7 (most common E-Type for ENFP) disintegrating to 1 (most common E-Type for ISTJ, I think anyway, 5 might be relatively common too).

@ #4: Haha I relate to the notion that working with your hands blows. Your answer seems pretty ENP to me.

@ #5: Okay yeah you sound 7w8. This answer sounds ENTP too. Fi values are much more rigid and stubborn while Fe values are much more fluid. Not to say Fe has no real set of their own values (people incorrectly assume this far too often), I think your response demonstrates that, it's just much more responsive to its environment due to its extroverted nature. Also the idea of an ENFP who doesn't "give a damn about values" just seems wrong to me.

@ #6: Personally, I would outwardly curse him out.

@ #7: You're 7w8. I like how your 7th question is telling that you're an E7 haha.

@ #8: Most people are generally pretty balanced on the extroversion/introversion scale. I would say the same despite being dubbed "the king of extroversion" by the forum's lovely [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]. :heart: I think we can feel more balanced on this measurement more internally and seem either more extroverted/introverted to others on the outside.

@ #9: Not to say ENFPs aren't practical, but "practical intelligence" seems a little more ENTP to me. Intuition backed by Feeling is much more people-oriented, while Intuition backed by Thinking is much more...hm...I'm not sure how to describe it. Maybe "conceptual?" Hard to get my point across here.

@ #10: E7 --> E1

@ #11: Haha it's crazy how similar we see things here. I also develop attachments to random things that have just been sitting in my room over the years. That inferior Si can be a great thing. It's almost as if they've been there as I've been living my life you know?

@ #12: I lean towards ENTP here too. I could easily point out what subjects frequently run through my mind, as I'm sure many ENFPs here can.

Well there's my $0.02. Hope I helped! My guess so far is ENTP 7w8.

Thank you for the mention again [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] :) This was a fun post.

Edit: how do I expect an E7 to read all of this?

Thanks a lot! Your post elaborated a majority of the doubts that I had in my mind. I'm becoming more and more convinced that I'm an ENTP. But as you said before, I really think my experience after high school would shed more light on my personality type. Until then, I'll consider myself an ENTP.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Damnit. Robbed of ten virtual bucks. Here, [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION], take your dirty money!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Damnit. Robbed of ten virtual bucks. Here, [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION], take your dirty money!

Thank you :D

*counts money*

You know where to find me if you wanna try this again, sometime :blowkiss:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
At this point, I'm quite convinced that Ne and Ti are my primary functions. Question is, which one do I use more? It all boils down to INTP and ENTP.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************** (16.2)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************* (45.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.1)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.6)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.5)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.5)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.2)
average use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
UPDATE : I've added a poll. Sorry for the quadruple post. Just ask me questions.

S

Society

Two or three of those are terrible examples. Why are you trying to confuse him more?!?
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] says he's ENTP, right? Or has he changed that?

Fuckit; I'm making a thread.

what? i didn't do it! i swear!
plus she said she was on the pill!
who's mom are we talking about?
what are you asking?

if you mean me - yes i am probably an ENTP. the INTPs decided that if i'm an introvert their autistic (which was fun for awhile but it got old), the ESTPs gave me 2.99$ pr 1 liter of air (after asking me what i was smoking), i couldn't really breath in any of the ExxJ corsets (pics or it didn't happen? the internet is big! go out and find 'em!), plus i got saint john the [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] seal of approval (in exchange for navy fish), so there...
him? i don't know, but i think we should take him in to make the ENTP alliance/tribe/funny-violence-only-treaty/whatever prettier. also i have some PR thing i stole from the INFJs during one of the non-sexual skirmishes - it includes taking a poster boy, two wooden sticks and a couple of nails, and getting a lot of people bending on their knees. [MENTION=20464]MasterOfAwesome[/MENTION] might just do the trick for at least one of those things.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I can honetly see some ENFP in you. I couldn't identify with everything you wrote but the tendency is there. You can definitely rule out INTP, most ENxPs think they are intro- or ambiverted, including me.
[MENTION=20464]MasterOfAwesome[/MENTION]
Just answer me one question please: At which of these are you better: Languages or Math?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I can honetly see some ENFP in you. I couldn't identify with everything you wrote but the tendency is there. You can definitely rule out INTP, most ENxPs think they are intro- or ambiverted, including me.
[MENTION=20464]MasterOfAwesome[/MENTION]
Just answer me one question please: At which of these are you better: Languages or Math?

Language. I started messing up in Math after I realized how organized and impractical it is. At least in the school that I attend.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Language. I started messing up in Math after I realized how organized and impractical it is. At least in the school that I attend.

I'd say you are an ENFP and one of the more rational ones. I struggled a lot with my type in the past. I even thought I was an INTP for a time.