• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You have my permission to type me!

What is my type?

• INTP

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Male, 17, Happy.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

Arranged in decreasing order of frequency :- INTP, ENTP, INFP, ENFP, ISTP.
During one of my phases of depression, I was typed as an ISTJ, and I'm definitely not one. I'm more likely to be an extraterrestrial. Come to think of it, maybe I am one. Maybe my whole life has been a fabrication. Anyway, I digress.

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

Man, does it look wicked. I think the artist attempts to represent commonplace citizens and businessmen as soulless apparitions who are a part of a perpetually boring cycle.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paolobarzman/11321392744/in/explore-2013-12-11

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

First of all, why am I fixing something? I hate working with my hands. My reaction would depend on the level of satisfaction or enjoyment that I acquire from whatever I'm doing. If it's engrossing and not important, I'll eschew my friend and tell him to meet me later. If it's boring and important, I'll abandon the work and listen to him. For all we know, those ideas could translate to the next big thing. Yes, you heard me right.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

Valor. Bravery. As a kid, I found myself getting inspired by those invincible underdogs (paradox alert) who did not back down in the face of adversity, regardless of its enormity or magnitude. I want to be seen as a man of valor and courage. I want to be fearless and indomitable.
I also prioritize the concept of honor and morality, but only if it sounds reasonable. For example, it would be absurd to defend your realm for the honor of defending it and because it is your duty when a myriad of behemoths and giant lizards are marching towards you. Oh, and I also prize intellect and humor.

Otherwise, I really don't give a damn about values so long as they benefit me psychologically.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

I don't know. But like I said before, my values depend on situations and circumstances. However, I would not mind losing as a brave individual.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

I would probably curse him in silence. Then I would spend a decade thinking about counter arguments to his claim and present them when he does not care about it anymore. Therefore, the likelihood of me saying anything to that claim is infinitesimal.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Doing anything on the internet, watching football, watching magnificent TV shows such as Sherlock and Game of Thrones, introspecting, analyzing my memories and past events or retrospecting, practical pranks, watching comedy skits, reading a book that assuages my mind, getting information, gaining knowledge outside of school.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Waiting, being bored, being told to do something which I don't want to do, superficial and uninteresting group discussions, getting insulted by strangers or people who have no reason to.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

I think I'm an ambivert. I'm too impulsive and interested in people and global affairs to be an introvert. Unlike the common introvert, I love going to parties and cinema with my friends. Solitude is comforting, but it gets terribly boring after some time. At the same time, I do feel at my element in solitude. And I hate it when people break into my ivory tower.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

Strengths :- Sense of humor, eccentricity, practical intelligence, wisdom, courage, politeness (which I acquired from my parents).

Weaknesses :- Impulsiveness, laziness, moodiness, petulance, tendency to over-indulge.

Additionally, a couple of years ago, I had the superficially pretentious propensity for communicating in the manner of an anachronistic sesquipedalian poet, before I was impudently ridiculed for my eccentricity in language and reprimanded by my fellow acquaintances for being 'out of touch with reality'. Ergo, I then retrograded to conversing in contemporary vernacular.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

It's terrible. My brain transforms into a void, I lose my linguistic faculties, and I change into a distressed and grumpy guy who wants to be alone. As of yet, despite numerous attempts, I have been unsuccessful in deducing the reasons behind these egregious mental assaults.
Concisely, my life feels like hell on earth. And I become even lazier.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

The things that interest and appeal to me. I become really wrathful if someone depreciates my hobbies, my preferences and my interests. I get into full debate mood whenever someone's stupid enough to insult something that I like (although, it's unpredictable as to whether I just keep my arguments in my mental storehouse or present them aggressively in the moment). I also develop a sentimental relationship with objects that have remained in my room for over three years. I have a great tendency for nostalgia. I have a habit of evaluating recent events that transpire in my wake. For example, a couple of days ago, I was profoundly evaluating the month of July and comparing the final result to that of the previous month, and so on. I even assign ratings to experiences and years. For instance, when asked about my current state of life, I would promptly say something like "Well, it's certainly better than 2010...".

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

This question is too vague. I am very scatterbrained, so I cannot point out any particular ideas or thoughts which tempestuously and frequently circulate in my mind.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

I demand feedback whenever I perform something for others or whenever I accomplish something that entails reception from my peers. I constantly seek appreciation or acknowledgement for my accomplishments.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

I would, but then I would have to kill you. Just kidding. The problem is that I have too many things to add, I can even write an autobiography that would transcend the Lord of the Rings volume in terms of number of pages.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The username alone tells me you re highly likely to be ENTP :coffee:

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I came up with the name a few years ago, though. Nowadays, I'm prone to registering under usernames like 'ShadowUnderYourEye' or 'NefariousRebel'. I had little time to be creative with my username today.

I

Infinite Bubble

You're so, so, so an ENTP, it's obvious! You actually remind me of an epic ENTP friend I used to have.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Don't listen. I mean look at my username.

I'm thinking you're most likely ENFP. ENTP runs a close second as a possibility, however.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I came up with the name a few years ago, though. Nowadays, I'm prone to registering under usernames like 'ShadowUnderYourEye' or 'NefariousRebel'. I had little time to be creative with my username today.

Grin. Yeah, those would've been less obvious...but still ENTP :wink:

Oh and I vote enneagram 7, as well.

Welcome to TypeC.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Grin. Yeah, those would've been less obvious...but still ENTP :wink:

Welcome to TypeC.

Well, thank you! 'Tis a good feeling... to finally arrive at a conclusion, after months and months of second thoughts and even third thoughts.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh. Didn't realize you only wanted [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]'s opinion to arrive at a final conclusion. There's five seconds I spent typing that I'll never get back. Ten if I include these.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@OP : around here, you need to earn your NT-card :wink:

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Oh, I apologize. The second line in my statement was directed to all the posters excluding me, in order to avoid double post. So, I aimed to hit two birds with one stone in that post. My bad!

Also, I have a bad habit of jumping into conclusions too early. Because, as I mentioned earlier, I am susceptible to changing my decisions every now and then and in impulse. I'll let you know that I have edited this post for about five or six times in two minutes.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, I apologize. The second line in my statement was directed to all the posters excluding me, in order to avoid double post. So, I aimed to hit two birds with one stone in that post. My bad!

No worries at all. I was joking. ;)

ENFP!

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I'm confused again. Can you ask me some more questions? Particularly the kind of questions that pertain to real life experiences or my thought processes.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D Don't let her rattle you, she is just yanking your chain! You don't have to apologise for diddly (also, you just made her case for ENFP stronger, damn you! :ranting: :alttongue:)

Edit: :laugh: Damn you, Digest! :ranting:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
:D Don't let her rattle you, she is just yanking your chain! You don't have to apologise for diddly (also, you just made her case for ENFP strong, damn you! :ranting: :alttongue:)

Edit: :laugh: Damn you, Digest! :ranting:

:hug:

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
What I find interesting is the stark difference between my tendency to apologize in real life and online.

In real life, I almost never apologize. If I do, my apologies are mostly casual or indifferent. I only apologize because I want to prevent the other guy from pestering me for an apology.

And yet, I genuinely feel the need to apologize online.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:devil: I smell tertiary Fe!!!

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
What I find interesting is the stark difference between my tendency to apologize in real life and online.

In real life, I almost never apologize. If I do, my apologies are mostly casual or indifferent. I only apologize because I want to prevent the other guy from pestering me for an apology.

And yet, I genuinely feel the need to apologize online.

You sound very cool and laid-back, and personally, I'd like to know for certain you're an ENTP. It would help to show we're not all 'assholes'. But, sigh, from your answers in the OP, I still think you're more likely ENFP. More information may change that though!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes: I do stand by my initial assessment, though it is crude as hell. The title and username alone are very ENTP, imho. Then again, we do get ENFP males who try to do the tougher-thinker routine coz that is what society expects and pressures men into, so, the jury is still out :)

It is however very clear you're an Ne-user and likely a dominant one at that. Your age would indicate that your Ti or Fi is still being formed, and that could explain the..trepidation to stand your ground.

You're in the right place though. Stick around, learn about yourself and about others here and with a little patience and work you should be able to recognise who you relate to more and which breed you are in no time :wink:

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I have too much information in my hands. I don't know how to organize them. What are the major characteristics that distinguish an ENFP from an ENTP?