User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is my type?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    1 20.00%
  • ENTP

    4 80.00%
  • Other (specify)

    0 0%
First 567

Results 61 to 68 of 68

  1. #61
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfAwesome View Post
    Why do you think I'm an ENFP?
    Just my impression, I cannot give you good reasons, it's only my intuition.
    Safely I can say you are a Ne-Dom.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  2. #62
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    I still think ENTP.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  3. #63
    Wandering... Emperor Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Hmmmm, can you ask me some questions? I would also like to know why I'm unanimously considered an Ne dominant. How is my Ne manifested?

  4. #64
    Wandering... Emperor Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Anyone? I promise I won't let my pathologically uncertain mind question your suggestions anymore. I just want a satisfactory explanation as to why I'm seen as an Ne-dom.

  5. #65
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfAwesome View Post
    Anyone? I promise I won't let my pathologically uncertain mind question your suggestions anymore. I just want a satisfactory explanation as to why I'm seen as an Ne-dom.


    What you re doing right now? It's known as Ne-hounding. Its the whole 'you have information in your brain I must have, gimme gimme gimme!' It's Ne gathering different angles, povs, input, bits and pieces in order to get an oversight of the situation, and we Ne-doms tend to go and 'hound' others for that information to then puzzle them together in a hypothesis, whereas an INTP tends to be satisfied to just test the hypothesis he put together on his own and once he's perfected it as much as possible, *then* he'll ask other people to look at it. Iow, they stay in their own back yard, for the most part, while we go and chase people down the street
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  6. #66
    Wandering... Emperor Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post


    What you re doing right now? It's known as Ne-hounding. Its the whole 'you have information in your brain I must have, gimme gimme gimme!' It's Ne gathering different angles, povs, input, bits and pieces in order to get an oversight of the situation, and we Ne-doms tend to go and 'hound' others for that information to then puzzle them together in a hypothesis, whereas an INTP tends to be satisfied to just test the hypothesis he put together on his own and once he's perfected it as much as possible, *then* he'll ask other people to look at it. Iow, they stay in their own back yard, for the most part, while we go and chase people down the street
    Haha, does this explain why I get incredibly uncomfortable when my friends keep secrets from me? I can't stand not knowing about everything that goes on with my friends. Once a person tells me that he has a secret, I don't stop pursuing him until he finally discloses it. I feel as if every bit of information perambulating around the world is important to me.

  7. #67
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfAwesome View Post
    Haha, does this explain why I get incredibly uncomfortable when my friends keep secrets from me? I can't stand not knowing about everything that goes on with my friends. Once a person tells me that he has a secret, I don't stop pursuing him until he finally discloses it.
    Yup, and why when they refuse to tell you, you'll start inferring it in every possible way till you have a viable option that sounds plausible to you, *just* to soothe your mind.

    Btw, other people find that...intrusive - as we can be actually good at guessing those secrets and *really* lousy at being delicate about them. (iow, respecting their privacy or at the very least do this kind of inferring in private with them so you don't announce it to *EVERYBODY* watching the interaction).

    People are...entitled to keeping some things to themselves, after all. But yes, it can be infuriating and really hard to respect that
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #68
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfAwesome View Post
    Haha, does this explain why I get incredibly uncomfortable when my friends keep secrets from me? I can't stand not knowing about everything that goes on with my friends. Once a person tells me that he has a secret, I don't stop pursuing him until he finally discloses it. I feel as if every bit of information perambulating around the world is important to me.
    "oh and btw don't look, there is something i don't want you to see right there... yes, right there, where i am figuratively pointing at, don't look there! see where i am pointing at? wait, you do?! but i asked you not to look you bastard!" ...how can that not drive someone nuts? yet somehow most introverts seem to be able to manage it, with the occasional exceptions of the inquisitive ISTPs...

    see, there's a general unwritten consensus in MBTI regarding the scaling of E vs. I:
    extrovert <- ESxx <- ENxx <- ambivert -> ISxx -> INxx -> introvert
    it's more of a rule of thumb then a mechanical principle in the system, but it works as a rough estimate - an IN or an ES are less likely to be closer to the E/I grey area then an EN or IS, and if you are, your more likely to be one of the later.

    another way to look at it would be to stop to think about the most introverted people around you who are healthy functioning people - would classifying yourself as an introvert place you in roughly the same population divide, or would it require pushing the scale so far that they might as well need to be classified as autistic?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2015, 12:03 PM
  2. You have my permission to type me.
    By Emperor Enigma in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-29-2015, 05:46 PM
  3. Many have failed to type me, will you be the one to succeed?
    By Doctor Business in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 09-25-2014, 08:18 PM
  4. New member. Could you help me to type me in?
    By taylor17387 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 07:04 PM
  5. i would like you to type me by asking me questions
    By autobombo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 07:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO