• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You have my permission to type me!

What is my type?

• INTP

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I still think ENTP. :shrug:

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Hmmmm, can you ask me some questions? I would also like to know why I'm unanimously considered an Ne dominant. How is my Ne manifested?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Anyone? I promise I won't let my pathologically uncertain mind question your suggestions anymore. I just want a satisfactory explanation as to why I'm seen as an Ne-dom.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyone? I promise I won't let my pathologically uncertain mind question your suggestions anymore. I just want a satisfactory explanation as to why I'm seen as an Ne-dom.

:D

What you re doing right now? It's known as Ne-hounding. Its the whole 'you have information in your brain I must have, gimme gimme gimme!' It's Ne gathering different angles, povs, input, bits and pieces in order to get an oversight of the situation, and we Ne-doms tend to go and 'hound' others for that information to then puzzle them together in a hypothesis, whereas an INTP tends to be satisfied to just test the hypothesis he put together on his own and once he's perfected it as much as possible, *then* he'll ask other people to look at it. Iow, they stay in their own back yard, for the most part, while we go and chase people down the street :D

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
:D

What you re doing right now? It's known as Ne-hounding. Its the whole 'you have information in your brain I must have, gimme gimme gimme!' It's Ne gathering different angles, povs, input, bits and pieces in order to get an oversight of the situation, and we Ne-doms tend to go and 'hound' others for that information to then puzzle them together in a hypothesis, whereas an INTP tends to be satisfied to just test the hypothesis he put together on his own and once he's perfected it as much as possible, *then* he'll ask other people to look at it. Iow, they stay in their own back yard, for the most part, while we go and chase people down the street :D

Haha, does this explain why I get incredibly uncomfortable when my friends keep secrets from me? I can't stand not knowing about everything that goes on with my friends. Once a person tells me that he has a secret, I don't stop pursuing him until he finally discloses it. I feel as if every bit of information perambulating around the world is important to me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha, does this explain why I get incredibly uncomfortable when my friends keep secrets from me? I can't stand not knowing about everything that goes on with my friends. Once a person tells me that he has a secret, I don't stop pursuing him until he finally discloses it.

Yup, and why when they refuse to tell you, you'll start inferring it in every possible way till you have a viable option that sounds plausible to you, *just* to soothe your mind. :doh:

Btw, other people find that...intrusive - as we can be actually good at guessing those secrets and *really* lousy at being delicate about them. (iow, respecting their privacy or at the very least do this kind of inferring in private with them so you don't announce it to *EVERYBODY* watching the interaction).

People are...entitled to keeping some things to themselves, after all. But yes, it can be infuriating and really hard to respect that :alttongue:

S

Society

Haha, does this explain why I get incredibly uncomfortable when my friends keep secrets from me? I can't stand not knowing about everything that goes on with my friends. Once a person tells me that he has a secret, I don't stop pursuing him until he finally discloses it. I feel as if every bit of information perambulating around the world is important to me.

"oh and btw don't look, there is something i don't want you to see right there... yes, right there, where i am figuratively pointing at, don't look there! see where i am pointing at? wait, you do?! but i asked you not to look you bastard!" ...how can that not drive someone nuts? yet somehow most introverts seem to be able to manage it, with the occasional exceptions of the inquisitive ISTPs...

see, there's a general unwritten consensus in MBTI regarding the scaling of E vs. I:
extrovert <- ESxx <- ENxx <- ambivert -> ISxx -> INxx -> introvert​
it's more of a rule of thumb then a mechanical principle in the system, but it works as a rough estimate - an IN or an ES are less likely to be closer to the E/I grey area then an EN or IS, and if you are, your more likely to be one of the later.

another way to look at it would be to stop to think about the most introverted people around you who are healthy functioning people - would classifying yourself as an introvert place you in roughly the same population divide, or would it require pushing the scale so far that they might as well need to be classified as autistic?