• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You have my permission to type me!

What is my type?

• INTP

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll buy that bullshit apologizing for expediency and quiet is very ENTP. Do ENFPs ever do that?

Ehhh..yes and no. It causes a lot of internal conflict and rebellion for us, I think. The pressure to be authentic is enormous from the inside, but then society really does punish you for not 'playing nice', so on days we feel more jaded and are out of energy to deal with that pressure, we might cave :shrug:

And afterwards resent society (and ourselves) for making us do it :doh:

Or, you get the 'good girl' routine where you try to please others, and assume they know something you don't so you do apologise - while something doesn't feel right while doing it. After enough of those instances, you get at some point a big ass blow-out/attention whoring moment where you tell everyone to **** off.

This phase usually precedes the one I outlined first :coffee:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have too much information in my hands. I don't know how to organize them. What are the major characteristics that distinguish an ENFP from an ENTP?

Hon..take it from me, your Si needs data points first, before you'll be able to recognise the pattern and positively identify yourself. Take a look around, see how ENFPs behave vs ENTPs on these forums. People have their types listed here. You'll find which behavioural patterns are like yours that way :)

We could walk you through the theory, but if you are ENFP, and anything like me, it won't do you no good without field testing as you need reference points...not sure that ENTPs are perhaps better at absorbing that stuff without empirical data due to their Ti...

Digest? A little help? :thinking:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have too much information in my hands. I don't know how to organize them. What are the major characteristics that distinguish an ENFP from an ENTP?

Good question. Actually, someone should make a thread about that if it doesn't exist already. It would probably help a lot of guys and girls. [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] is right about watching to see which you identify with more. But, honestly, I don't always relate to the 'ENTPs', so take that process of elimination with a grain of salt. I can, however, tell a difference between ENFPs and myself. Small but definite.

I imagine it's more difficult to tell when you're a male. IF you're ENFP.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's see... [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION], @TheGreatOne, [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], @....

A little help, here, guys!

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Two or three of those are terrible examples. Why are you trying to confuse him more?!?
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] says he's ENTP, right? Or has he changed that?

Fuckit; I'm making a thread.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Two or three of those are terrible examples. Why are you trying to confuse him more?!?
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] says he's ENTP, right? Or has he changed that?

Fuckit; I'm making a thread.

Lol. I didn't mean for them to be examples, I meant for them to share what their struggle in determining T vs F was like.

...ENFP vs ENTP approach :alttongue:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awesome. I'd say our newb just got the VIP treatment :happy2:

A

Anew Leaf

My vibe is entp 7w8.

I just see a lot of tert fe vs tert te acting for aux fi. #6 for example.

#4 seems ti to me lol.
(Also I agree with [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] about the username. :laugh:)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Heh, poor thing. It's like none of us want him.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm, I commented on the other thread. But I'm undecided about your type, mostly because of your age. I admit that younger ENFPs tend to be a bit more sloppy feeling, but I didn't, I leaned towards analytical. These parts of these answers give me an ENFP vibe:

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

I don't know. But like I said before, my values depend on situations and circumstances. However, I would not mind losing as a brave individual.

This feels Fi-ish.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

I would probably curse him in silence. Then I would spend a decade thinking about counter arguments to his claim and present them when he does not care about it anymore. Therefore, the likelihood of me saying anything to that claim is infinitesimal.

The offense feels Fi-ish. I find ENTPs would find the value judgment as a chance to have some fun. Avoidance of conflict which leans away from ENTP.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

I think I'm an ambivert. I'm too impulsive and interested in people and global affairs to be an introvert. Unlike the common introvert, I love going to parties and cinema with my friends. Solitude is comforting, but it gets terribly boring after some time. At the same time, I do feel at my element in solitude. And I hate it when people break into my ivory tower.

Classic ENFP response to the introvert-extravert question.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MasterofAwesome, why did you choose that particular name? ENFP and ENTP can both choose it, but I would expect their reasoning for doing so to differ.

For ENFP vs ENTP:

He's a younger lad, so his relationship with Fi is going to be more raw and less nuanced than it is with older ENFPs and ENTPs. The OP didn't go deep enough into it for me to really discern anything, though.

Keeping in mind that I'm talking about younger examples of the type:

ENFPs live in terms of personal values, whether it's as a social scientist experimenting with different ones (in themselves and others' personal values), embracing certain core values, or resenting the guilt and limitations their values place on embracing the possibilities and fun of Ne. There tends to be a strong emotional element, regardless of which it is.

ENTPs tend to not understand what the whole Fi thing is about. In themselves, their thought processes are almost like a polarizing filter that blocks Fi from consciousness. When they do notice it, they dissect the Fi element with a razor sharp Ti scalpel until the poor thing is dead. Generally, I see the younger ones either become extremely curious and interested in it, since it's so different from their own thought processes, or completely dismiss and mock it.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
MasterofAwesome, why did you choose that particular name? ENFP and ENTP can both choose it, but I would expect their reasoning for doing so to differ.

For ENFP vs ENTP:

He's a younger lad, so his relationship with Fi is going to be more raw and less nuanced than it is with older ENFPs and ENTPs. The OP didn't go deep enough into it for me to really discern anything, though.

Keeping in mind that I'm talking about younger examples of the type:

ENFPs live in terms of personal values, whether it's as a social scientist experimenting with different ones (in themselves and others' personal values), embracing certain core values, or resenting the guilt and limitations their values place on embracing the possibilities and fun of Ne. There tends to be a strong emotional element, regardless of which it is.

ENTPs tend to not understand what the whole Fi thing is about. In themselves, their thought processes are almost like a polarizing filter that blocks Fi from consciousness. When they do notice it, they dissect the Fi element with a razor sharp Ti scalpel until the poor thing is dead. Generally, I see the younger ones either become extremely curious and interested in it, since it's so different from their own thought processes, or completely dismiss and mock it.

I have honestly forgotten why I chose that username in the first place. It was either that or 'LordMaverick' or 'AdvocateOfApocalypse'. I'm not joking. The decision was undoubtedly a whimsical one.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's a telling question for you [MENTION=20464]MasterOfAwesome[/MENTION], if you find yourself correcting people, what do you correct them about?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Here's a telling question for you [MENTION=20464]MasterOfAwesome[/MENTION], if you find yourself correcting people, what do you correct them about?

Grammatical and spelling errors, inaccurate facts, fallacious arguments, and mistaken assumptions (I get especially angry when they concern me).

I'm actually a real dick when it comes to correcting grammatical errors and inaccurate facts.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Hmmm... I'm not wholly surprised. I did mention that I test as an INTP slightly more often than I test as an ENTP (Like 19/20 close).

hornet

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well I saw no evidence of ENFP being here.
ENTP matches fairly good.
The ambivalence of values displayed would never have crossed an ENFPs mind, but makes perfect sense with Fe tert.

I don't think we need to discuss the Ne/Si axis, the stress description seems fairly consistent with inf Si.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They tend to be more subdued in their choice of nicknames :devil:

INTPs also tend to have less energy to interact with people, whereas ENTPs tend to enjoy them as soundboards. ENTPs tend to use more of a stream of consciousness type of way of communication, more free flowing, whereas an INTP tends to feel the need to make sure everything is logically and rationally sound. Think draft vs full fledged hypothesis in terms of what that would look like. ENTPs are still putting their theory together, and use other people to sound their 'draft' off of, while forming it, while an INTP will want to put together the theory themselves as far as completion as possible, before releasing it for 'peer review'.