User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Am I an ENFP?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i so get miss nicolita so much. that whole post feels like i wrote it.

if i were to say it i would mean...just completely you...stripped down and raw with only the real bits exposed...none of this what you're supposed to say...who you're supposed to be...living up to any sort of image or role...just you..just two peoples minds without everything layered on top of it that so often clouds things. no judgement just relating mind to mind soul to soul or whatever.
    You guys do seem to have a lot in common! I always thought it was because you have the MBTI types, enneagram types, instinctual variants, etc. Y'all are twinsies. Okay! Gotcha, because I interpreted it to mean like...forget about capitalism, jobs, and conforming. What is life really about? It's really about relationships, identity, nature, etc. Something like that. (And it doesn't seem like I was that far off point.)
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Steer2Justice View Post
    OH MAN I totally missed your post I did not mean to ignore you oh god.I thought I was an XNFP too, actually. It could make sense. I could be a type 6 indeed but somehow I seem to identify more strongly with type 4...? But then again I can't be sure since I thought I was type 3 for a good part of my life.
    Haha, nevermind. Have you considered 9 already?
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i so get miss nicolita so much. that whole post feels like i wrote it.

if i were to say it i would mean...just completely you...stripped down and raw with only the real bits exposed...none of this what you're supposed to say...who you're supposed to be...living up to any sort of image or role...just you..just two peoples minds without everything layered on top of it that so often clouds things. no judgement just relating mind to mind soul to soul or whatever.
    I absolutely agree. I think it's a wondrous thing to have two people that can be completely honest and truthful with one another. No need for any facade or pretension to satisfy societal demands of what is deemed "socially acceptable" or otherwise and just allowing yourself to be lost in your partner/friend/whoever's eyes and mind and heart... I think that's quite possibly sheer bliss. I think people don't do that enough because they're scared and because they've been overtly conditioned by society to be appropriate. It's not easy finding such intimacy and your heart can so easily be broken and shattered into a thousand pieces if it goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Haha, nevermind. Have you considered 9 already?
    As I recall, I don't think 9's very high on the list. I think it was 4, 3 and 6 in that order but I can't be too sure. I could go take the test again just for kicks though...

Oh. How d'you differentiate an ENFP sx and an ENFP sx/so? I took the quiz and it seems to say that I'm sx/so but I don't know if I'm fully convinced.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I absolutely agree. I think it's a wondrous thing to have two people that can be completely honest and truthful with one another. No need for any facade or pretension to satisfy societal demands of what is deemed "socially acceptable" or otherwise and just allowing yourself to be lost in your partner/friend/whoever's eyes and mind and heart... I think that's quite possibly sheer bliss. I think people don't do that enough because they're scared and because they've been overtly conditioned by society to be appropriate. It's not easy finding such intimacy and your heart can so easily be broken and shattered into a thousand pieces if it goes wrong.
    word.

Oh. How d'you differentiate an ENFP sx and an ENFP sx/so? I took the quiz and it seems to say that I'm sx/so but I don't know if I'm fully convinced.
    sx/so - excluding, eliminating, dividing, separating, contradicting, subverting, confronting, rebuffing, ridiculing, challenging, interrupting, reforming, rupturing

sx/sp - intensifying, escalating, rising, surging, enlivening, invigorating, accelerating, stimulating, energizing, vitalizing, reviving, animating, inspiriting

reading those descriptions helped me decide between sx/sp and sx/so. i was sure i was sx first too, and wasn't sure which one was second for me. hopefully one of those lists strikes more of a chord with you than the other.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    word.

sx/so - excluding, eliminating, dividing, separating, contradicting, subverting, confronting, rebuffing, ridiculing, challenging, interrupting, reforming, rupturing

sx/sp - intensifying, escalating, rising, surging, enlivening, invigorating, accelerating, stimulating, energizing, vitalizing, reviving, animating, inspiriting

reading those descriptions helped me decide between sx/sp and sx/so. i was sure i was sx first too, and wasn't sure which one was second for me. hopefully one of those lists strikes more of a chord with you than the other.

I still maintain Im sx-sp according to that thing. And I aint *NO* sp-aux. If you follow that description, I'm the combination of so-sx and sx-sp.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I still maintain Im sx-sp according to that thing. And I aint *NO* sp-aux. If you follow that description, I'm the combination of so-sx and sx-sp.
    iiiinteresante. how do you feel about these descriptions:
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

If you're certain about being sx-first, then your first priority/worry would be chemistry with other people and your surroundings, intensity, and finding something to "complete" yourself. If you're so-second then you have a fairly good understanding of the social realm around you, a desire to make interconnections with other individuals in that social realm, etc. That means you're sp-last, meaning you tend to disregard your own physical safety, comfort, potential risks, and well-being (for example, I tend to forget to eat dinner and get proper hours of sleep). If sp and so are flipped, then you have a good grip on maintaining your personal safety and comfort/health but you tend to disregard how your actions affect the social realm around you and you may sometimes be forget to maintain to the connections you already have.

Basically how I look at it is:

first instinct = too much and it can create problems
    second instinct = just right, you have a healthy amount of it
    last instinct = too little and it can get you in trouble

Also I didn't read all your posts (I'm an E7 after all) but you certainly vibe like an ENFP and have the stream-of-consciousness writing style
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    iiiinteresante. how do you feel about these descriptions:
    Second one, hands down. I relate to some parts of the first, but like 90 percent of the second one.

Maybe its just that i don't vibe with the emotional load of the words used to describe sx-so in that thing of yours, but I *really* don't see how those words can overlap with that second description you just gave me

I find that sx-sps are more likely to be that way due to their need for space and focus on their self (sp tends to look at themselves, so to others, sx between two people). I can sort of see it for a person who plays social games, perhaps? Who is competitive? But you'd expect that kind of behaviour from an so-dom, considering that the dominant is more likely to go overboard like that on gaming. Or maybe i just aint interpreting that piece of info right
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Maybe its just that i don't vibe with the emotional load of the words used to describe sx-so in that thing of yours, but I *really* don't see how those words can overlap with that second description you just gave me

I find that sx-sps are more likely to be that way due to their need for space and focus on their self (sp tends to look at themselves, so to others, sx between two people). I can sort of see it for a person who plays social games, perhaps? Who is competitive? But you'd expect that kind of behaviour from an so-dom, considering that the dominant is more likely to go overboard like that on gaming. Or maybe i just aint interpreting that piece of info right
    I think, to be honest, the words used to describe sx/so in that initial post isn't very flattering to them - although it isn't really flattering to any contra-flow type except maybe so/sp. But I think what those words are implying is that, sx/so is a generally high energy type in the first place so it does cause a lot of social rupturing and, for lack of a better word, reactivity. In the midst of that eruption sx/so will find the people worth keeping and connecting to. Think back to our exchange about the "mom" thing. Theoretically so/sx may have been a little more playful with the nicknames/name-calling while sx/so was more inclined to challenge (challenging is also a word in that list I think) that and that act of confronting could potentially scare away the people not worth connecting with or the people you don't have the right chemistry with. That's my take on it anyway.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Also @Steer2Justice this may help:

Quote Originally Posted by Naranjo
    Naranjo explains that the three Fours represent three different approaches to the neurotic need to suffer. SO Fours suffer, SP Fours are long-suffering, and SX Fours make others suffer.

The SP Four is someone who does not suffer out loud, does not complain, is relatively autonomous, and who makes a virtue out of enduring pain without wincing. These Fours are tougher Fours, more masochistic than melodramatic. These are also Oneish Fours – stoic, austere, and self-disciplined individuals who challenge themselves to achieve rather than engage in longing. (This is the countertype. I’ve encountered many people who say they can’t find their Enneagram type who end up being SP Fours.)

The SO Four is emotionally sensitive and feels things deeply. They lament frequently and tend to take on the victim role. In contrast to the SX Four, the SO Four is not competitive, though they often compare themselves to others and find themselves lacking. For the SO Four, there is a need for self-abasement and self-recrimination. It’s as if you want to ask them, “What’s wrong with you that you think there’s something wrong with you?”

The SX Four is more assertive than the SO Four. Whereas the SO Four feels a great deal of shame, the SX Four is shameless. These Fours can be very outspoken with their anger, and they are very competitive. They express envious anger, an envy that manifests as competition. In addition, the SX Four tends to be more vocal about expressing needs, and they rebel against any shame they may feel is related to their desires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maitri
    Sexual 4: Competition/ Hate
    Sexual Fours compete with others of their own sex in their attempt to find love. Their competitiveness is based n a sense that love is scarce and so it needs to be fought for. They try to convince their rivals and the object of their affection that they are better than the competition, and their wish to "disappear" their challengers is a form of hatred. The choice of object of desire is determined by how many other people want that person, so that, too, arises out of competition. Sexual Fours are not only competitive in the relationship arena - competition is their dominant behavioral characteristic - but it is there that it is most pronounced. The passion of envy manifests here as wanting someone another has or desires and in their underlying hatred of their rivals.

Self-Preservation 4: Dauntlessness
    The term given by Ichazo for Self-preservation Fours is defensive action, as opposed to dauntlessness, which Naranjo associated with this subtype. Ichazo, quoted by John Lilly and Joseph Hart, defines defensive action as "protecting one's dream of the future." Rather than be limited by their circumstances, they wil rashly go after what they want and feel that they must have to survive. They take action to preserve themselves but do not consider the consequences, and actually put their survival in peril. A Self-preservation Four might, for instance, buy herself all sorts of beautiful things that she feels she can't live without, and end up sliding deeply into debt. Or, feeling unable to bear the constraints of a boring job, she might throw caution to the wind and on the spur of the moment buy herself a ticket to some exotic island. The passion of envy manifests here as wanting the security and material gratificatons others seem to possess, and recklessly striking out to get them.

Social 4: Shame
    Social Fours have the notion that there is a right way to be, and they are perpetually ashamed because they are not that way. They have a fundamental sense of not fitting in and not being able to do things properly in order to fit in. Social Fours tend to be formal and a bit stiff, paying a lot of attention to their manners. Behaving properly is very important to them, since it is an attempt to cover their deeper sense of social inadequacy. Others appear to Social Fours to match the standard they have for themselves, and so they experience the passion of envy toward them and turn their hatred toward themselves in the form of shame.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so