• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Calling all Type 9s.

James W

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey guys.

I've mentioned this briefly in a separate thread but I figure it's worth making a new one anyway, because, *shrug,* the idea seems worth exploring. Is it possible that I'm a type 9? (9w8 to be exact.) I understand it's not particularly common for an INFP, almost idealistic in a sense since I've always considered this the perfect E-type, but the idea doesn't seem too unusual the more I think about it.

I've been wavering a lot on my Enneagram type lately. For a while, I've been cocksure about identifying as a 4w5, but these days I'm having trouble believing it, mainly because of some emotionally instability I've been experiencing for the past couple of weeks due to relationship drama that's thrown my brain completely out of whack, but now I sort of feel a zen tranquility about my life and the direction it's going. I feel stable, peaceful, appreciated and the more I meet new people and explore new possibilities, the more at ease I feel.

Just a few observations:

- Type 9s are often viewed as wildcards. They can adopt traits of all the other Enneagram types depending on their current situation and the company they keep.
- New people/acquaintances seem to think I'm this gentle giant/lumbering badass figure. (?) I don't whether it's my physical appearance that sways them this way but it's definitely crossed my mind and I've rarely experienced things like unwanted aggression from strangers.
- Slow in movement. Speed has been an issue for me, particularly at work, but at the same time, I rarely complain and appreciate taking things at a slower, more comfortable pace.
- Drive by feelings of apathy, lethargy, complacency and contentment over the simplest of things.
- A basic need to keep the peace at all cost.
- Impartial, neutral attitude to many things that don't directly concern me.
- Little trouble blending into a group or concern over whether I'm eccentric or not, (I actually enjoy it.)
- Zone in and out of reality at random intervals of the day.
- Extreme dislike of feeling manipulated, controlled or in a position of emotional blackmail.
- Extreme admiration of confident, self sufficient people who are able to get shit done.
- Both excited and anxious over the promise of challenging myself and combating fears of stagnation.
- Ambitious, but hesitant at the same time.

A few questions as well:

- What does a type 9 under stress look like?
- What does a healthy type 9 look like?
- Do type 9s seek emotional intensity in the same vein as a 4?
- What does an MBTI type with weak extroverted sensing look like as an 8?

This may seem like rationalization for now, but now that I've gotten back in touch with my Si and feelings of negativity off my mind. It almost seems like an epiphany to view myself from an outsiders point of view.

Any other particular questions I should be asking myself before continuing this train of thought?

Thanks.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Ugh. Sorry. I'm too lazy to have learned much about enneagram. It seems fairly complicated and like they want to always be poking at you to be different than you are. Bleh. I'm only guessing I'm 9w1 because it seems to fit better than the other types from what little I know of it.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Ugh. Sorry. I'm too lazy to have learned much about enneagram. It seems fairly complicated and like they want to always be poking at you to be different than you are. Bleh. I'm only guessing I'm 9w1 because it seems to fit better than the other types from what little I know of it.
You do seem like a 9 to me, cafe.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You do seem like a 9 to me, cafe.

:yes:

It's like I *want* to teach the world to sing in per-fect har-mon-y, but this bed is so damn comfy. That's the best way I can explain it. :blush:

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
:yes:

It's like I *want* to teach the world to sing in per-fect har-mon-y, but this bed is so damn comfy. That's the best way I can explain it. :blush:
LOL! what a great description

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

bedin.jpg

gromit

likes this
[MENTION=20169]James W[/MENTION] sure you seem like you could be e9...

James W

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I can just imagine a long line of type 9s reading this thread thinking the same thing. :D

"Suppose I could teach people more about our secrets and help a brother out... but... these bedsheets, this hot chocolate with marshmallows... it's just too damn comfortable!"