• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I keep getting different Enneagram answers..

Cantus Firmus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So the first test I took gave me a 5, with 4 and something else as possibilities.

Then I took another one (I think it was the same test, but I answered the toss-ups differently) and scored 4 thusly:

Type 1: 3
Type 2: 4
Type 3: 4
Type 4: 7
Type 5: 5
Type 6: 3
Type 7: 5
Type 8: 0
Type 9: 5

Then I tried a different test with agree/disagree strongly options and got 9 thusly:

Type 1: -2
Type 3: -4
Type 6: -9
Type 7: -5
Type 8: -6
Type 9: 10

After scouring sites for descriptions, I felt most comfortable calling myself a 5w4, and some form of 549.

I just tried this test: http://www.enneagramquiz.com/quiz.html and it scored me as 1w2, 5w6, 2w1. And the description seemed pretty spot on, too.

So, I'd like some opinions from ye who know the enneagram better than I.. ask any what questions you think are important to solve my riddle and figure out what numbers decode my mind. Thank you muchly for any assistance you may provide. :)

I'm an INFP, if that helps.

Alea_iacta_est

So the first test I took gave me a 5, with 4 and something else as possibilities.

Then I took another one (I think it was the same test, but I answered the toss-ups differently) and scored 4 thusly:

Type 1: 3
Type 3: 4
Type 6: 3
Type 7: 5
Type 8: 0
Type 9: 5

Then I tried a different test with agree/disagree strongly options and got 9 thusly:

Type 1: -2
Type 3: -4
Type 6: -9
Type 7: -5
Type 8: -6
Type 9: 10

After scouring sites for descriptions, I felt most comfortable calling myself a 5w4, and some form of 549.

I just tried this test: http://www.enneagramquiz.com/quiz.html and it scored me as 1w2, 5w6, 2w1. And the description seemed pretty spot on, too.

So, I'd like some opinions from ye who know the enneagram better than I.. ask any what questions you think are important to solve my riddle and figure out what numbers decode my mind. Thank you muchly for any assistance you may provide. :)

I'm an INFP, if that helps.

Many online enneagram tests tend to be unreliable, as many have pointed out to me. So, in theory, if I try this you might be able to see which type you are most like, someone else can back me up with this hopefully.

Which one of these things are you most afraid of happening to you?
-Being cut-off, separated from society
-That you won't have a concrete identity, that you aren't unique
-Being unwanted and unworthy of being loved
-Of being deprived of pleasure and being in emotional pain
-Being without support or guidance
-Becoming evil, amoral, and even defective
-Becoming worthless, emotionally, physically, and/or mentally
-Being helpless and useless
-Of being harmed and manipulated by others

To see if this could actually work, which do you most desire?
-To be in complete control of your own life
-To feel needed, to be admired
-To feel stable and calm
-To be content and have needs met
-To be adept and competent
-To have a strong opinion between morally right and morally wrong and to have integrity
-To be supported by others and to feel secure
-To understand yourself and your purpose
-To be loved

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Just type yourself as 4w5 already and get it over with.

Cantus Firmus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Many online enneagram tests tend to be unreliable, as many have pointed out to me. So, in theory, if I try this you might be able to see which type you are most like, someone else can back me up with this hopefully.

-To feel stable and calm
-To have a strong opinion between morally right and morally wrong and to have integrity
-To be loved

Hard questions.. Are most INFPs as indecisive as I? And why 4w5 rather than 5w4?

Cantus Firmus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

-To feel stable and calm
-To be loved

Hard questions.. Are most INFPs as indecisive as I? And why 4w5 rather than 5w4?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on this you really seem like 5... It's not that common for INFPs, but it can happen. And yes we all are pretty damn indecisive :D .

Cantus Firmus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Try this. It's the best I've found

http://www.enneagram.net/tests/

I took the free portion, and it surprisingly came up with 7 on top, then 9. The words probably impact the test a good deal, since most of the cards contained 2-3 words that really resonate with me and 1-2 that really don't.

Based on this you really seem like 5... It's not that common for INFPs, but it can happen. And yes we all are pretty damn indecisive :D .

I'm still leaning 5, but I think I've got a strong 9 element in me. So 5w4, 4w5, 9w1 maybe? The weird test results probably arise because so many of the questions on these quizzes ask me to pick something when I'm both or neither.

Alea_iacta_est

Based on your answers to my question, you share the basic fears of Type 3 and Type 5 with the basic desires of Type 5 and Type 4.
Type 5 appears to be the common denominator for this method.

Cantus Firmus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay, so I wrote out a monstrously long description of my personality, but I think it's too much, especially since I'm finding that I agree with the consensus that I'm a 5. I'm thinking 5w4, 9w1, 4w5 is probably the accurate order, although does the order matter much for the tritype? Also, if someone shares two bordering types, for instance, a 5 and a 4, are they ever a 5w6, 4w3 (I'm not claiming this for myself)? Because I've seen a lot of pairs like my 5w4 and 4w5 in people's tritype, which makes sense, but I don't know if anyone can identify as having a different wing than their adjacent tritype number.

Alea_iacta_est

It's entirely possible to be a 5w4 - 9w1 - 4w5, it's just much less common than other tritypes.
Now I'm not saying you aren't one, but you probably want to go look at the type description for "the Contemplative" (I think that's 459's name)
By the way 594 is a triple withdrawn type, meaning you would be heavily introverted, anywhere from lonely to complete hermit.

Also, look up the stackings for 5w4 to see which ones you identify with the most.
(A stacking is the so/sx, sp/so, so/sx, and all of the different combinations)

Oh, yes each tritype has like sub-tritypes in a way. So if you are more 5 than you are 9 and 4, 5 goes first in the first slot, and if you are more 9 than you are 4, then 9 goes in the second slot.
So that would be 594.

Last edited:

Cantus Firmus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I believe I was reading the 5w4 stacking descriptions when so/sx seemed definitely right, so that's good news!

I am heavily introverted, although I've made great strides in the last several years in opening up and letting people see the "real me," as it were. Because the real me is a silly and goofy kid who always wants to play, but the me you meet is a quiet and serious person who doesn't speak up unless he has something important to contribute.

I think my 9 and 4 are pretty close to each other. I will go find those 594 descriptions again; I perused them the other day.

Thank you, all of you!! If you feel like reading an essay, I can post what I wrote out earlier and see if a better ordering appears to you. But for now, I'll just go read. :)