User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 19

  1. #1
    Member tine5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    52

    Default Wondering about my type after being ENTP for a while.

    1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
    I'm looking at a lot of ENTP stuff and generally I have some of the same traits, but I also seem different in a lot of ways too.

    2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
    No idea really. There's something but my brain never knows what it is properly. I'd like people to calm down and be happier and to live with nature rather than abusing it.

    3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
    Uuum, probably seeing wildlife while running, that was amazing (I felt really surprised, amazed and couldn't stop starring) or when I help people out and they actually really appreciate it and talk to me and we end up getting on well or when I save animals from danger (like saving a bird from the road or a bug from the pavement).

    4) What makes you feel inferior?
    I'm kind of timid and indecisive....

    5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
    How much it'll be worth to me/others in the long run, also how much it costs and if it's a good thing to do.

    6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
    I like to just go at it and then structure it as I'm going. I don't do well with detailed plans or anything.

    7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
    Umm, probably playing games all night at my friends house and my memory is a bit broken but mostly there, very visual. That or playing games with my sister or reading a really good book.

    8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
    I read it, write it, read it again.

    9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
    I tend to forget stuff a lot so have post it notes everywhere and a calender with everything written on (even then I'll miss it or forget the day etc).

    10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
    I judge them first with if I like them/they're interesting to me, then if they make sense.

    11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
    I don't like doing stuff as a group too often, but do like it when I do it. I like making sure people are happy, but also argue/debate if they say stuff I dont like/disagree with/know isn't true.

    12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
    I tend to think before I speak unless I'm very excited, tired or into something.
    I like one to one talks mostly, but groups can be pretty good because you get a lot of ideas.

    13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
    I look before leaping, better than jumping to my doom. Then again I've also got into trouble for not thinking much at times (i.e. agreeing to things without listening). Action are very important and are far harder to fake than words.

    14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
    Watch the show with the cat and maybe meet the person tomorrow. I don't really do nights out (I don't drink and don't like loud places etc).

    15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
    I hide, go quiet, grumble to myself, pretend it's not happening.

    16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
    I don't like liars or people who wont leave me alone. (Seriously, some people wont stop pestering me when I've said I'm busy! They don't get "No sorry I'm busy but maybe sometime, I'll let you know" means I'll let them know when I'm ready to hang out.)

    17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
    Depends who it is. Close friends and family I'll talk about nearly anything and be happy because it leads to a good discussion, but with people I don't know well I tend to ask them questions to work out if I can talk about stuff I like with them or not.

    18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
    Admin, it makes me stressed and confused.

    19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
    Outgoing and friendly and happy. They're wrong that I'm naturally outgoing, I learnt that skill to help with life/work etc, I'm also pretty shy and awkward. I AM happy a lot, always nice to be optimistic! They'd never say I was quiet, even though I am inside.

    20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
    Sleep, wake up, exercise/swim, go on a walk, play video games, watch shows (I need to catch up on a bunch), read a lot, make nice food for my family (I reaaaally like cooking).

    Thanks guys

    Added extra info:
    People see me very differently to how I see myself generally. They seem to see me as an outgoing person with a lot of confidence and humour. I get told I'm very fun and interesting and generous a lot. I see myself as someone who isn't really that much of a person. I do peopley things, but I find concepts like personality and emotions very confusing. They're very obscure and personal, so how can someone say I'm something when they don't know? Then again, I dont mind people judging me like that, it's their opinion so I cant argue, but I'd see myself as more fairly not all there (I'm usually listening etc to them while thinking about other things etc, and this occurs in awkward situations).

    I guess if I AM funny it's because laughter makes everything less serious and nasty. People stress out too much about everything, get mad at each other for no real reason and all that. I'd be generous in the way I like giving people stuff. I like them being happier and it's only in exchange for money, which seems silly. That and nice things are something people keep depriving themselves of and I dont get why at all. If you like something and have the ability to go for it then why wouldnt you?

    People who complain and don't help themselves, or even try, really get to me. A good example of this is a friend of mine who wont stop complaining. She'll say how bad her day was, how she wants such and such but cant have it, how shes terrible etc. I think she probably has some sort of mental illness, which I've been through so I can understand it sucks, but she seems to have no wish to get better and THAT'S what gets to me. If you feel terrible why wouldnt you want to get better?

    I tend to compare people a lot. "Youre like such and such" etc or "You remind me of..." It doesnt have to be another person, but I definitely use a lot of anecdotes to express feelings/ideas to people.

    I'm terrible with feelings because they're so personal and make you so vulnerable. If you admit something you're stuck with that and the fear of it. i.e. saying you like someone. Once you've said it it's in everyones minds and they wont see you as liking anyone else. That's that. Then if anything goes wrong you get all sort of unwanted attention. "Are you okay?" "What happened?" "Poor you!" <-- Do not want!!

    I tend to like things like science, art, history and language in terms of study (I'm studying animal biology and conservation). I tend to have hobbies that involve a lot of escapism, like reading, gaming, music etc. I think people like those things generally though. My motivation for liking them is me being in that world as an observer and the excitement and other feelings it stirs up. Life can be very stoic, whereas media needs to create feelings in the audience.

    I'm kind of flaky but working on it. I hate committing to things because of what I said before about the unwanted attention. I'm happy to make up my mind IN my mind, but not announce it. I've been told "you never know what's going on with you" and I like it that way!

    I find I love being outdoors, but don't like being with people outdoors unless they also appreciate it. I don't like them ruining it. I took some new friends for a walk in the woods and they complained and screamed most of the time, whereas I just pressed on and enjoyed nature and everything around me. I dont like it when people do that. I like being outside a lot though and cant stay in the house all day unless I'm ill. I think the last time I spent all day in was when I had a really bad illness and could barely walk straight.

    I'm terrible with ignoring things about my body. "Oh my ankles swollen, oh well" and continue to use it with a bandage on. I ignored it for a whole week but then started feeling unwell and glanced at it, noticed it was red and swollen and got told to see the doctor (which took persuading, because I generally just go "It's fiiine") I went and it was infected and only then did my body start feeling really bad and ill. Mind over matter or something? Not wanting to make a fuss?

    I have a thing about going a long with things for a while but then completely withdrawing and not doing stuff anymore. I was going to a lot of clubs to learn sword fighting (something I find really fun) but then got injured and haven't bothered going back yet (then again I'm still healing). I tend to like clubs if it doesnt involve a lot of interaction. The ones I joined were pretty much lessons on how to use a sword and I never went to the socials after even though I was invited (I always just wanted to get home after).

    I mentioned before a big thing of mine is people not knowing that when I say no I mean no. It's one of the reasons I just blank people after a while. They ask me to hang out a few times and each time I say I'm busy and will let them know (being fair, it's exam time so they should know to leave me a lone). If they keep going on I just shut down and wont talk to them again for ages.

    I've never felt able to emotionally connect with anyone outside of family, because no one understands how I work. I confuse people and they confuse me. I'd like a connection, but it's not something I NEED.
    The indoors, oh God the indoors!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    INFP
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #3
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Hello

    Are you very sure of your enneatype? You sound strikingly 9 from your responses, especially given sx/so.

    I would expect a 6 ENTP to be far more hyperanalytical in answering, while you are calm, generalizing, a little vague. Little technical/analytical language as I would expect from a TP, especially a 6. P is most clear of all the attributes. I could see you as ISFP from what you've described thus far.

    Would you mind going a little deeper into how you view yourself using iNtuition versus Sensing, and Thinking versus Feeling?

  4. #4
    Member tine5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    INFP
    Thanks, any reason(s) why?

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Hello

    Are you very sure of your enneatype? You sound strikingly 9 from your responses, especially given sx/so.

    I would expect a 6 ENTP to be far more hyperanalytical in answering, while you are calm, generalizing, a little vague. Little technical/analytical language as I would expect from a TP, especially a 6. P is most clear of all the attributes. I could see you as ISFP from what you've described thus far.

    Would you mind going a little deeper into how you view yourself using iNtuition versus Sensing, and Thinking versus Feeling?
    Haha, I'm not 100% on it, so 9 could be right (I think I definitely have 6 in the tri type somewhere though, but maybe not at the top).
    Why would you say ISFP?
    Intuition/Sensing elludes me because the descriptions are so confusingly vague! I find I'm very good at seeing what isn't but could be there (like if I stare at a towel I can see creatures in the fibres without thinking about it - this happened earlier), but sensing I notice a lot of the things around me (how the air smells cold after snow and how buildings with sharp angles lok great against the sky at certain times of day).
    I find I have a very good imagination and can easily form links between things (I'm very good at word association games) but I'm also very good at seeing the parts of things most people miss (like in a dissection I'll spot the part no one noticed and that isn't meant to be there i.e. a mutation or extra gland etc.)
    The indoors, oh God the indoors!

  5. #5
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tine5 View Post
    Thanks, any reason(s) why?


    Haha, I'm not 100% on it, so 9 could be right (I think I definitely have 6 in the tri type somewhere though, but maybe not at the top).
    Why would you say ISFP?
    Intuition/Sensing elludes me because the descriptions are so confusingly vague! I find I'm very good at seeing what isn't but could be there (like if I stare at a towel I can see creatures in the fibres without thinking about it - this happened earlier), but sensing I notice a lot of the things around me (how the air smells cold after snow and how buildings with sharp angles lok great against the sky at certain times of day).
    I find I have a very good imagination and can easily form links between things (I'm very good at word association games) but I'm also very good at seeing the parts of things most people miss (like in a dissection I'll spot the part no one noticed and that isn't meant to be there i.e. a mutation or extra gland etc.)
    Ahh.

    I said ISFP because you seem to demonstrate action-interest and present-awareness that are hallmarks of Se, and ISxPs are the "extraverted introverts" in counterpart to the ENxP "introverted extraverts". Your answers are genuine, you tend to judge things on personal weight, you demonstrate compassion, and you dislike being told what you are like or what you feel or dramatic outward emotional reaction, all of which are characteristic of Fi.

    I could see how between ambiversion and awareness that you're not gushy-F you would land on ENTP, but I'm seeing your clarity (T/S) more in your perception and your fuzziness (N/F) more in your judgment. That you are keen to present-moment perceptions and seeing what others miss makes me think ISFP even more.

    ISFPs will tend to demonstrate N in the sense of playful symbology, falling back on gut feelings, and sudden realizations.

  6. #6
    Member tine5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Ahh.

    I said ISFP because you seem to demonstrate action-interest and present-awareness that are hallmarks of Se, and ISxPs are the "extraverted introverts" in counterpart to the ENxP "introverted extraverts". Your answers are genuine, you tend to judge things on personal weight, you demonstrate compassion, and you dislike being told what you are like or what you feel or dramatic outward emotional reaction, all of which are characteristic of Fi.

    I could see how between ambiversion and awareness that you're not gushy-F you would land on ENTP, but I'm seeing your clarity (T/S) more in your perception and your fuzziness (N/F) more in your judgment. That you are keen to present-moment perceptions and seeing what others miss makes me think ISFP even more.

    ISFPs will tend to demonstrate N in the sense of playful symbology, falling back on gut feelings, and sudden realizations.
    Thanks! That's a good explanation. What's the S/T and N/F bit?
    I was wondered if ISFPs can seem almost Fe at times (liking to give stuff, help people out, make sure people are okay etc) if their motivations are in that area? I'm wondering because I'm generally described as very generous or overly nice at times, but my motivation is that it's easier to keep people happy than be lazy and cause problems? I tend to spot issues rising and hate bad feeling (it makes me feel really bad, so I tend to avoid it) so try and make it stop.
    Example: friends discussing something I really am not interested in, but then the atmosphere changes and it's getting aggressive. I hop in and say something that makes them laugh and stop it, then go back to do what I was doing before (I think I was talking to someone else).
    It's that thing of not being able to ignore an issues because it makes me tense and unhappy and anxious, so I have to stop it. Basically I dont like bad atmospheres XD
    The indoors, oh God the indoors!

  7. #7
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tine5 View Post
    Thanks! That's a good explanation. What's the S/T and N/F bit?
    You're welcome, and thank you. I stumbled myself on that S/T N/F thing and the wording, but it was just a realization that hit me when trying to explain my feeling. When dealing with S and T processes, people seem to use clearer, more assured, and more specific language, while when dealing with N and F processes, people seem to use more metaphor and illustration. To me your language seems more clear when talking about how you perceive things, and more vague when talking about how you value or relate.

    I was wondered if ISFPs can seem almost Fe at times (liking to give stuff, help people out, make sure people are okay etc) if their motivations are in that area? I'm wondering because I'm generally described as very generous or overly nice at times, but my motivation is that it's easier to keep people happy than be lazy and cause problems? I tend to spot issues rising and hate bad feeling (it makes me feel really bad, so I tend to avoid it) so try and make it stop.
    Example: friends discussing something I really am not interested in, but then the atmosphere changes and it's getting aggressive. I hop in and say something that makes them laugh and stop it, then go back to do what I was doing before (I think I was talking to someone else).
    It's that thing of not being able to ignore an issues because it makes me tense and unhappy and anxious, so I have to stop it. Basically I dont like bad atmospheres XD
    You frame the situation in "me" language - that you are behaving this way to address your own internal feelings rather than to help everyone else out. That seems more Fi to me, even though the behaviors are Fe-ish. But, what is important is the way you are framing it in your mind. Do you feel like you think in more Fe terms of behavior and interrelation or Fi terms of emotion and value-weight?

  8. #8
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    INFP, and you are such a 9, probably 964 as tritype. Menie meenie miney mo, let's go with So/Sx.

  9. #9
    Member tine5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    You're welcome, and thank you. I stumbled myself on that S/T N/F thing and the wording, but it was just a realization that hit me when trying to explain my feeling. When dealing with S and T processes, people seem to use clearer, more assured, and more specific language, while when dealing with N and F processes, people seem to use more metaphor and illustration. To me your language seems more clear when talking about how you perceive things, and more vague when talking about how you value or relate.
    Thanks. Yeah that makes sense. So the F users would be more abstract about their feelings whereas the T user wouldn't and the same with S/N?


    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    You frame the situation in "me" language - that you are behaving this way to address your own internal feelings rather than to help everyone else out. That seems more Fi to me, even though the behaviors are Fe-ish. But, what is important is the way you are framing it in your mind. Do you feel like you think in more Fe terms of behavior and interrelation or Fi terms of emotion and value-weight?
    I think the behaviour looks like Fe, but I find that I'm not drawn to the whole 'please everyone' thing. I'd like everyone to be happy so I didn't have to deal with their problems and so try to help them (kind of give advice and anecdotes of what I did/would do etc). I stop bad feeling asap because of how it makes me feel. If it happens somewhere else and I hear about it then I don't mind too much unless it's someone hurting a friend or saying something that they know nothing about and so are just being mea/silly etc in which case I get very grr.
    The indoors, oh God the indoors!

  10. #10
    Member tine5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    INFP, and you are such a 9, probably 964 as tritype. Menie meenie miney mo, let's go with So/Sp.
    Haha, can you explain why though?
    The indoors, oh God the indoors!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-23-2017, 09:54 PM
  2. Wondering about my Enneagram type
    By sparkle in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 09:06 AM
  3. Lie about my type? Why not. (whatever's coming out celebration)
    By miss fortune in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 11:17 PM
  4. Maybe I'm wrong about my type?
    By alicia91 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 06:35 AM
  5. Theory About My Type
    By Ezra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO