User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: INTP or INFP?

  1. #31
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsumatachi_san View Post
    I don't like rude, unimaginative people who can't see anything other than their own opinion and way of life. Also people who force their opinions on others or cause harm. Selfishness is also really annoying.
    This is Fi to the core! I am a Fi user as well and I relate to that. You do not want other people to feel bad or be harmed.

    I want to be able to do things I like, things like writing, thinking, reading, learning languages and so on.
    NFs are good at languages and seem to like writing (I do btw).
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    I don't like rude, unimaginative people who can't see anything other than their own opinion and way of life. Also people who force their opinions on others or cause harm. Selfishness is also really annoying.
    This is Fi to the core! I am a Fi user as well and I relate to that. You do not want other people to feel bad or be harmed.
    I don't see a problem with Fe user thinking this way as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    I want to be able to do things I like, things like writing, thinking, reading, learning languages and so on.
    NFs are good at languages and seem to like writing (I do btw).
    Not only NF's like those things / are good at it. This fits INTP just fine too.

  3. #33
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    I don't see a problem with Fe user thinking this way as well.




    Not only NF's like those things / are good at it. This fits INTP just fine too.
    Yes, you are right of course, but it's what I noticed on myself. Also INTPs use Fe as their inferior function so they don't really use it that often. I cannot decide for you, I'm sorry if it looked that way.
    Here is a good test to determine your functionorder. It will probably be not 100% correct but it helped me with my type enormously.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    In your inner world do you find yourself determining the worth of an object? Do you find yourself evaluating what it means to you and whether it means less or more to you than before? Do you perceive your values and views changing within you? Do you have trouble maintaining interest in tasks which you have determined to now be of less value? Do you do all the above whilst being unaware or indifferent to what society's views are and even what other Fi users value or care about?

  5. #35
    Member tsumatachi_san's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Yes, you are right of course, but it's what I noticed on myself. Also INTPs use Fe as their inferior function so they don't really use it that often. I cannot decide for you, I'm sorry if it looked that way.
    Here is a good test to determine your functionorder. It will probably be not 100% correct but it helped me with my type enormously.
    I think the link to the test disappeared. Also, I think Fe vs Fi is usually quite difficult to tell apart overall, hence my problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    In your inner world do you find yourself determining the worth of an object? Do you find yourself evaluating what it means to you and whether it means less or more to you than before? Do you perceive your values and views changing within you? Do you have trouble maintaining interest in tasks which you have determined to now be of less value? Do you do all the above whilst being unaware or indifferent to what society's views are and even what other Fi users value or care about?
    Well, the dominant function is usually unconscious, but I've tried to catch myself thinking in certain ways. For worth, I'll try to use an example of deciding what to do. I tend to consider whether or not whatever it is needs to be done and when, then if I really want to do it. I can be scatter-brained with certain things, like I forget to wash the dishes until the evening when my mum reminds me I said I would, but I always intend to do the things I say I will. It matters to me that I keep to my word. I don't really work with a routine, but more try to achieve a certain amount each day. I don't really enjoy obligations, such as I ended up being pressured into attending a university society with my friends and feel too awkward to say no (although I'll probably come up with an excuse if I really hate it). I'm usually not too concerned by worth though, because I think everything has some worth. I won't say something like playing video games is a worthless activity just because nothing concrete comes from it.

    I have noticed a change in myself recently, personality-wise, though. When I was younger I was a lot more quiet and agreeable (basically a pushover, if I'm being honest). This lasted for a while thanks to lack of self-confidence due to a lot of problems at home (i.e. my sister suffered from severe mental illness that affected everyone and I was the only one who could really manage her, even if I didn't want to). But over the last few years I've gained a lot of confidence (meaning I will speak up if someone says something I don't think is right) in everything except the social arena. I struggle to make friends because I don't understand the world of socialising or the rules that go with it (people usually make friends with me by encouraging me into conversations with them). I thought this could be inferior Fe, but it might be not having Fe in my first four functions. What do you think?

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Yes, you are right of course, but it's what I noticed on myself. Also INTPs use Fe as their inferior function so they don't really use it that often. I cannot decide for you, I'm sorry if it looked that way.
    Here is a good test to determine your functionorder. It will probably be not 100% correct but it helped me with my type enormously.
    Where's the test?


    Quote Originally Posted by tsumatachi_san View Post
    I think the link to the test disappeared. Also, I think Fe vs Fi is usually quite difficult to tell apart overall, hence my problem.
    Yeah...


    Well, the dominant function is usually unconscious
    What do you mean by that exactly? Shouldn't it be conscious but so natural that you don't notice its presence?


    I'm usually not too concerned by worth though, because I think everything has some worth. I won't say something like playing video games is a worthless activity just because nothing concrete comes from it.
    Is this just a generic statement that "everything has some worth"? Or is this something you've put some deep thought into?


    I have noticed a change in myself recently, personality-wise, though. When I was younger I was a lot more quiet and agreeable (basically a pushover, if I'm being honest). This lasted for a while thanks to lack of self-confidence due to a lot of problems at home (i.e. my sister suffered from severe mental illness that affected everyone and I was the only one who could really manage her, even if I didn't want to). But over the last few years I've gained a lot of confidence (meaning I will speak up if someone says something I don't think is right) in everything except the social arena. I struggle to make friends because I don't understand the world of socialising or the rules that go with it (people usually make friends with me by encouraging me into conversations with them). I thought this could be inferior Fe, but it might be not having Fe in my first four functions. What do you think?
    How were you so good at managing your sister if you don't mind me asking?

    That sounds pretty weak Fe, really. I still lean towards INTP but that's just an impression and it's naturally a very superficial one. Btw I thought INTP for you originally because of how you said you're more concerned with ideas. Though okay, maybe that could still be INFP :/ You said it's hard to tell if that's natural development. Do you feel natural that way or is there some problem with it?

  7. #37
    Member tsumatachi_san's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Replying a bit in bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    What do you mean by that exactly? Shouldn't it be conscious but so natural that you don't notice its presence?

    That's what I meant by unconscious, because you don't need to consciously use it, it just happens naturally.


    Is this just a generic statement that "everything has some worth"? Or is this something you've put some deep thought into?

    I tend to get frustrated by people when they say something's worthless, because everything has worth to someone or something. I tend to make statements like that only if I've thought them out.


    How were you so good at managing your sister if you don't mind me asking?

    I really don't know. I seemed to be able to communicate on her wavelength better, I guess. It's hard to remember because I was under so much stress at the time.

    That sounds pretty weak Fe, really. I still lean towards INTP but that's just an impression and it's naturally a very superficial one. Btw I thought INTP for you originally because of how you said you're more concerned with ideas. Though okay, maybe that could still be INFP :/ You said it's hard to tell if that's natural development. Do you feel natural that way or is there some problem with it?
    Why do you say weak Fe? I think I am concerned by ideas and live i my head most of the time, but I do care about people, much as I don't like to admit it sometimes. I'm not exactly sure what's natural for me at the moment, but I think I'm more into spreading ideas or discussing them. For example, if I like a subject, I can talk about the ins and outs of it for hours, which usually results in listeners getting kind of bored. But then, in my friend group I'm sort of the one who makes sure everyone keeps a level head about things and I rarely let myself fully relax around others.

  8. #38
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Where's the test?
    Whoops! Here it is
    http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsumatachi_san View Post
    I tend to get frustrated by people when they say something's worthless, because everything has worth to someone or something. I tend to make statements like that only if I've thought them out.
    The same for me


    Why do you say weak Fe? I think I am concerned by ideas and live i my head most of the time, but I do care about people, much as I don't like to admit it sometimes. I'm not exactly sure what's natural for me at the moment, but I think I'm more into spreading ideas or discussing them. For example, if I like a subject, I can talk about the ins and outs of it for hours, which usually results in listeners getting kind of bored. But then, in my friend group I'm sort of the one who makes sure everyone keeps a level head about things and I rarely let myself fully relax around others.
    Well you yourself said so heh. You talked about having a problem with socialising. Though, maybe I was analysing the stereotype way there :/

    Why don't you like to admit it that you care about people?

    Why is keeping a level head important?

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Oh that one... I got unknown type on it once. I liked it (I scored the same for two highest functions)

    I'm curious if OP tried it...?

Similar Threads

  1. INTP or INFP?
    By Savage Idealist in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 01:51 AM
  2. INTP or INFP?
    By SilentStream in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 10:48 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
  4. INTP or INFP?
    By Ankitn in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 03:04 AM
  5. INTP or INFP female ?
    By INTJMom in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO