User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Default Help Me With My Enneagram Type?

Would anyone be kind enough to help me figure out my enneagram type? I'm pretty sure I'm either a 1 or a 2.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Hey @Honor, I'd be glad to help! Enneagram is much more my language, and I so appreciated your help with my MBTI typing.

In my opinion, integration and disintegration is sometimes what clarifies core type for people with a heavy wing (which is sounds like you might have). Here's a brief overview of the differences:

Core type 1 integrates to 7 in health and disintegrates to 4 in unhealth. A healthy 1 will be able to let down some of their rigid/legalistic tendencies and find the freedom to experience the world around them without always feeling the need to press their ideals on others. An unhealthy 1 who is disintegrating to 4 allows the rigid emotional control of an average one to completely snap, becoming emotionally dramatic and wistful for what they see as forbidden desires. Unhealthy 1's usually feel shame about this, and discipline themselves again, creating a back and forth cycle between fantasy world and moral world. This is why 1 is one of the types most prone to depression.

Core type 2 integrates to 4 in health, and disintegrates to 8 in unhealth. A healthy 2 integrating to 4 allows themselves to freely express their feelings, instead of holding them back for the sake of others as an average 2 would do. They can recognize their own desires, and learn to take care of themselves before they can truly help others. An unhealthy 2 disintegrating to 8 stems a bit from their long time passive aggression, as the blow up "enough" point. It's the turning point from average 2's image as selflessly kind, to very direct and aggressive demands that they have in some way been wronged. It's said of disintegrating 2's that there is "an iron fist beneath the velvet glove".

Can you discern which is most true to your darker, and healthier seasons of life? The interesting thing (which I actually realized a couple of weeks ago) is that 1w2 and 2w1 (if you consider core and wing) will both see 4ish behaviour in health and unhealth...which is quite a conundrum! That said, I'd say focus on how true integration to 7, or disintegration to 8 feels to you (because we know you have a 4 aspect either way).
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Hey @Honor, I'd be glad to help! Enneagram is much more my language, and I so appreciated your help with my MBTI typing.

In my opinion, integration and disintegration is sometimes what clarifies core type for people with a heavy wing (which is sounds like you might have). Here's a brief overview of the differences:

Core type 1 integrates to 7 in health and disintegrates to 4 in unhealth. A healthy 1 will be able to let down some of their rigid/legalistic tendencies and find the freedom to experience the world around them without always feeling the need to press their ideals on others. An unhealthy 1 who is disintegrating to 4 allows the rigid emotional control of an average one to completely snap, becoming emotionally dramatic and wistful for what they see as forbidden desires. Unhealthy 1's usually feel shame about this, and discipline themselves again, creating a back and forth cycle between fantasy world and moral world. This is why 1 is one of the types most prone to depression.

Core type 2 integrates to 4 in health, and disintegrates to 8 in unhealth. A healthy 2 integrating to 4 allows themselves to freely express their feelings, instead of holding them back for the sake of others as an average 2 would do. They can recognize their own desires, and learn to take care of themselves before they can truly help others. An unhealthy 2 disintegrating to 8 stems a bit from their long time passive aggression, as the blow up "enough" point. It's the turning point from average 2's image as selflessly kind, to very direct and aggressive demands that they have in some way been wronged. It's said of disintegrating 2's that there is "an iron fist beneath the velvet glove".

Can you discern which is most true to your darker, and healthier seasons of life? The interesting thing (which I actually realized a couple of weeks ago) is that 1w2 and 2w1 (if you consider core and wing) will both see 4ish behaviour in health and unhealth...which is quite a conundrum! That said, I'd say focus on how true integration to 7, or disintegration to 8 feels to you (because we know you have a 4 aspect either way).
    Thank you, small.wonder! So very sweet of you.

Okay, from those descriptions, I would say definitely Type 2 over Type 1. I think I disintegrate into 8; I have a confrontational and assertive side that awakens after I have been pushed long enough for sure. And I am idealistic but not to the point of pressing my ideals on others. I'm not judgmental of myself or others in general. I also do have trouble feeling entitled to meet my own needs before others. How to distinguish between 2w3 and 2w1, though?

Btw, I looove your signature. What a great sentence!

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Because you were actually considering 1 as a core type (and not 3 at all), I'd say it's a safe bet that you are a 2w1. Generally it's based on test scores, whether you scored higher in 1 or 3 would determine wing. Do you see any 3 in yourself? Seeking love and admiration through success and achievement, the ability to adapt the way you portray yourself based on your situation or specific people you are with (chameleon, if you will), competitive streak, etc. If you do, I can give you a longer description.

Thanks! The phrase is from a song by Clarensau, it points to my security in the love of Christ.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Because you were actually considering 1 as a core type (and not 3 at all), I'd say it's a safe bet that you are a 2w1. Generally it's based on test scores, whether you scored higher in 1 or 3 would determine wing. Do you see any 3 in yourself? Seeking love and admiration through success and achievement, the ability to adapt the way you portray yourself based on your situation or specific people you are with (chameleon, if you will), competitive streak, etc. If you do, I can give you a longer description.

Thanks! The phrase is from a song by Clarensau, it points to my security in the love of Christ.
    Oh, I just felt a pang in my heart. This is beautiful.

Yes, I do definitely have some of those characteristics - I'm definitely success and image oriented - but I'm not sure if they outweigh my "idealist, reformer" characteristics.

Based on how you express yourself on forum, I think you're type 2.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Based on how you express yourself on forum, I think you're type 2.
    Thank you, Polly! I think you're right. Any guesses about 2w1 vs 2w3?

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Thank you, Polly! I think you're right. Any guesses about 2w1 vs 2w3?
    Wings are a bit tuff... You don't' seem as image focused as I would expect a 2w3 to be. You seem just a bit more down to earth and less self oriented...Also I think 2w3 would vibe more as an extrovert, while in your care you seem a little introverted. Maybe...2w1, but I don't think I can really type your wing with certainty.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Wings are a bit tuff... You don't' seem as image focused as I would expect a 2w3 to be. You seem just a bit more down to earth and less self oriented...Also I think 2w3 would vibe more as an extrovert, while in your care you seem a little introverted. Maybe...2w1, but I don't think I can really type your wing with certainty.
    Fair enough! Okay, I'll look more into it, but give special attention to 2w1.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Fair enough! Okay, I'll look more into it, but give special attention to 2w1.
    This should help:
    http://personalitycafe.com/type-2-fo...e-2-wings.html