• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Me With My Enneagram Type?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Would anyone be kind enough to help me figure out my enneagram type? I'm pretty sure I'm either a 1 or a 2.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey [MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION], I'd be glad to help! Enneagram is much more my language, and I so appreciated your help with my MBTI typing. :)

In my opinion, integration and disintegration is sometimes what clarifies core type for people with a heavy wing (which is sounds like you might have). Here's a brief overview of the differences:

Core type 1 integrates to 7 in health and disintegrates to 4 in unhealth. A healthy 1 will be able to let down some of their rigid/legalistic tendencies and find the freedom to experience the world around them without always feeling the need to press their ideals on others. An unhealthy 1 who is disintegrating to 4 allows the rigid emotional control of an average one to completely snap, becoming emotionally dramatic and wistful for what they see as forbidden desires. Unhealthy 1's usually feel shame about this, and discipline themselves again, creating a back and forth cycle between fantasy world and moral world. This is why 1 is one of the types most prone to depression.

Core type 2 integrates to 4 in health, and disintegrates to 8 in unhealth. A healthy 2 integrating to 4 allows themselves to freely express their feelings, instead of holding them back for the sake of others as an average 2 would do. They can recognize their own desires, and learn to take care of themselves before they can truly help others. An unhealthy 2 disintegrating to 8 stems a bit from their long time passive aggression, as the blow up "enough" point. It's the turning point from average 2's image as selflessly kind, to very direct and aggressive demands that they have in some way been wronged. It's said of disintegrating 2's that there is "an iron fist beneath the velvet glove".

Can you discern which is most true to your darker, and healthier seasons of life? The interesting thing (which I actually realized a couple of weeks ago) is that 1w2 and 2w1 (if you consider core and wing) will both see 4ish behaviour in health and unhealth...which is quite a conundrum! That said, I'd say focus on how true integration to 7, or disintegration to 8 feels to you (because we know you have a 4 aspect either way).

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Hey [MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION], I'd be glad to help! Enneagram is much more my language, and I so appreciated your help with my MBTI typing. :)

In my opinion, integration and disintegration is sometimes what clarifies core type for people with a heavy wing (which is sounds like you might have). Here's a brief overview of the differences:

Core type 1 integrates to 7 in health and disintegrates to 4 in unhealth. A healthy 1 will be able to let down some of their rigid/legalistic tendencies and find the freedom to experience the world around them without always feeling the need to press their ideals on others. An unhealthy 1 who is disintegrating to 4 allows the rigid emotional control of an average one to completely snap, becoming emotionally dramatic and wistful for what they see as forbidden desires. Unhealthy 1's usually feel shame about this, and discipline themselves again, creating a back and forth cycle between fantasy world and moral world. This is why 1 is one of the types most prone to depression.

Core type 2 integrates to 4 in health, and disintegrates to 8 in unhealth. A healthy 2 integrating to 4 allows themselves to freely express their feelings, instead of holding them back for the sake of others as an average 2 would do. They can recognize their own desires, and learn to take care of themselves before they can truly help others. An unhealthy 2 disintegrating to 8 stems a bit from their long time passive aggression, as the blow up "enough" point. It's the turning point from average 2's image as selflessly kind, to very direct and aggressive demands that they have in some way been wronged. It's said of disintegrating 2's that there is "an iron fist beneath the velvet glove".

Can you discern which is most true to your darker, and healthier seasons of life? The interesting thing (which I actually realized a couple of weeks ago) is that 1w2 and 2w1 (if you consider core and wing) will both see 4ish behaviour in health and unhealth...which is quite a conundrum! That said, I'd say focus on how true integration to 7, or disintegration to 8 feels to you (because we know you have a 4 aspect either way).
Thank you, small.wonder! So very sweet of you.

Okay, from those descriptions, I would say definitely Type 2 over Type 1. I think I disintegrate into 8; I have a confrontational and assertive side that awakens after I have been pushed long enough for sure. And I am idealistic but not to the point of pressing my ideals on others. I'm not judgmental of myself or others in general. I also do have trouble feeling entitled to meet my own needs before others. How to distinguish between 2w3 and 2w1, though?

Btw, I looove your signature. What a great sentence!

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because you were actually considering 1 as a core type (and not 3 at all), I'd say it's a safe bet that you are a 2w1. Generally it's based on test scores, whether you scored higher in 1 or 3 would determine wing. Do you see any 3 in yourself? Seeking love and admiration through success and achievement, the ability to adapt the way you portray yourself based on your situation or specific people you are with (chameleon, if you will), competitive streak, etc. If you do, I can give you a longer description.

Thanks! :) The phrase is from a song by Clarensau, it points to my security in the love of Christ.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Because you were actually considering 1 as a core type (and not 3 at all), I'd say it's a safe bet that you are a 2w1. Generally it's based on test scores, whether you scored higher in 1 or 3 would determine wing. Do you see any 3 in yourself? Seeking love and admiration through success and achievement, the ability to adapt the way you portray yourself based on your situation or specific people you are with (chameleon, if you will), competitive streak, etc. If you do, I can give you a longer description.

Thanks! :) The phrase is from a song by Clarensau, it points to my security in the love of Christ.
Oh, I just felt a pang in my heart. This is beautiful.

Yes, I do definitely have some of those characteristics - I'm definitely success and image oriented - but I'm not sure if they outweigh my "idealist, reformer" characteristics.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on how you express yourself on forum, I think you're type 2. ;)

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Based on how you express yourself on forum, I think you're type 2. ;)
Thank you, Polly! I think you're right. Any guesses about 2w1 vs 2w3?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you, Polly! I think you're right. Any guesses about 2w1 vs 2w3?

Wings are a bit tuff... You don't' seem as image focused as I would expect a 2w3 to be. You seem just a bit more down to earth and less self oriented...Also I think 2w3 would vibe more as an extrovert, while in your care you seem a little introverted. Maybe...2w1, but I don't think I can really type your wing with certainty.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Wings are a bit tuff... You don't' seem as image focused as I would expect a 2w3 to be. You seem just a bit more down to earth and less self oriented...Also I think 2w3 would vibe more as an extrovert, while in your care you seem a little introverted. Maybe...2w1, but I don't think I can really type your wing with certainty.
Fair enough! Okay, I'll look more into it, but give special attention to 2w1.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I just took an Enneagram test that suggested I am either a Type 4 or a Type 1.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
You well-mannered people disgust me...
lol, i am rarely at a loss for appropriate words in real life, but i honestly don't know how to respond to a few of the people on this forum. poster above included!