• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Me With My Enneagram Type?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ohhh, this was perfect, my doll! Yeah, definitely a 2 over 1.

I agree. :) You don't seem sx/so to me at all though. I think so/sx was right.

soc/sx
Motivation: to create lasting connections with those they are interested in - the "best friend."
This type has very strong one to one social skills, but is usually uncomfortable in group settings. They enjoy cultivating multiple relationships, and can be intensely involved when in the presence of someone they are interested in, but have difficulty sustaining these bonds when apart. This may give the impression of being flighty and rootless, willing to adapt and mirror others in order to connect, but lacking a defined approach that would give their relationships a more solid standing. They may have political interests, but are generally more pragmatic and less partisan than the other social variant. They are often attuned to pop culture and the latest trends.
Expression: bright smiley, intense expression
Energy: outward energy expressed intensely, broadly
Behavior: bright, smiley, erratic and scattered

sx/so
Motivation: to impact others, question assumptions, challenge convention.
This is the type that exudes the most raw charisma and sexual energy. They may identify so strongly with whatever they're involved with that they often become the symbol of its core essence, and sometimes its lead agent for change. Hardly content with the status quo, this sub-variant seeks to alter the fundamental structure of something while at once embodying it's purest or most extreme form. Possibly attracted to radical views on politics, philosophy, spirituality or creativity that reflect their penchant for testing boundaries. They enjoy pushing other's buttons, especially those resistant to their modes of expression. It's not uncommon for them to have a pet social, political or spiritual cause which they're able to support with heartfelt conviction. May exploit and seek to redefine sexuality to reflect their own colorful and uncertain understanding of it. While prone to exhibitionism, they are strongly attracted to grounding influences which can anchor them and provide stability. Failure to satisfy an especially intense desire for connection may cause this sub-variant to spite others at the risk of jeopardizing the need for an equal, stabilizing force. Can feel pulled between wanting a life of maximum intensity and reassuring episodes of peaceful convention.
Expression: intense, outer-focused
Energy: intense energy expressed outwards, assertively
Behavior: intense, assertive, sultry and aggressive

Syn-flow: sp → so → sx → sp
Stackings involved: sp/so → so/sx → sx/sp → sp/so
Direction: Compelled toward people. Acting upon and with others as a born insider i.e.- deeply human.

Contra-flow: sp → sx → so → sp
Stackings involved: sp/sx → sx/so → so/sp → sp/sx
Direction: Compelled against people. Seething belligerent outsiders; 'antisocial', provoking, reverse-flow change catalysts. In some profound sense, rejecting the human condition, their own and/or that of others.

The two flows move in the opposite directions. This antithesis can be seen if the instinctual stackings are compared in pairs:

so/sx - including, associating, affiliating, networking, incorporating, interconnecting, introducing, unifying, linking, bonding, annexing, cooperating, receiving
sx/so - excluding, eliminating, dividing, separating, contradicting, subverting, confronting, rebuffing, ridiculing, challenging, interrupting, reforming, rupturing

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, I just felt a pang in my heart. This is beautiful.

Yes, I do definitely have some of those characteristics - I'm definitely success and image oriented - but I'm not sure if they outweigh my "idealist, reformer" characteristics.

Here are the wing descriptions via the book The Wisdom of The Enneagram:

2w1 - healthy
People of this subtype combine warmth with seriousness of purpose, as they strive after personal goodness and selfless service. The combination of the morality of the 1 and the empathy of the 2 lead to a strong desire to relieve human suffering. These people are often Good Samaritans, willing to take on thankless and unglamorous tasks that others generally avoid. They are more serious-minded than the other subtype, more overt caretakers, often found in teaching, public service, healing professions, the ministry, and working with the disenfranchised or the physically or mentally challenged.

2w1 - average
People of this subtype feel obligated to struggle against their "selfish" attitudes and feelings: they feel responsible for others' welfare and are typically dutiful, proper, and severe with themselves. There are emotional but tend to be strained in their emotional expressions because they feel awkward about drawing attention to themselves. They prefer working in the background, yet they want to feel significant in others' lives. 2s with a 1 wing feel conflicts between their emotional needs and their principles, often leading them to get involved in moral or religious teachings. They can become extremely self-critical and neglectful of their health, denying their personal needs and tending to play the martyr.

2w3 - healthy
People of this subtype are more outgoing: they seek love through the creation of personal connection and making others feel good. The self-esteem of the 2 with a 3 wing is tied to personal qualities rather than to the quality of service to others. They're sociable and talkative, charming and adaptable, with much "personality" in evidence. They enjoyed bestowing whatever talents and resources they possess on friends and family – cooking, entertaining, singing, and listening – all as ways of sharing their inner bounty.

2w3 - average
People of this subtype are friendly and good-humored, although focused and ambitious. They're not typically into overt care taking; more often they consider their friendship and the quality of their attention to be sufficient gift to others. There can be a seductive aspect to people of this subtype, as well as more of a focus on relationships, excessive friendliness, exaggerated sentimentality, and histrionic displays, the results of the 3's desire for acceptance blending with the 2's drive for intimacy. Less serious and more task-driven then 2's with the 1 wing, they're also less likely to engage in self questioning and self-criticism. People of the subtype are direct about what they want, drawing attention to the services they provide. They can be self-important, high-handed, and sometimes arrogant.

James W

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From the few moments I've spoken to you over this forum Honor, you seem like a 2.

You have a warm presence and respond well to positive feedback.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

2w1 - healthy
People of this subtype combine warmth with seriousness of purpose, as they strive after personal goodness and selfless service. The combination of the morality of the 1 and the empathy of the 2 lead to a strong desire to relieve human suffering. These people are often Good Samaritans, willing to take on thankless and unglamorous tasks that others generally avoid. They are more serious-minded than the other subtype, more overt caretakers, often found in teaching, public service, healing professions, the ministry, and working with the disenfranchised or the physically or mentally challenged.

2w1 - average
People of this subtype feel obligated to struggle against their "selfish" attitudes and feelings: they feel responsible for others' welfare and are typically dutiful, proper, and severe with themselves. There are emotional but tend to be strained in their emotional expressions because they feel awkward about drawing attention to themselves. They prefer working in the background, yet they want to feel significant in others' lives. 2s with a 1 wing feel conflicts between their emotional needs and their principles, often leading them to get involved in moral or religious teachings. They can become extremely self-critical and neglectful of their health, denying their personal needs and tending to play the martyr.

2w3 - healthy
People of this subtype are more outgoing: they seek love through the creation of personal connection and making others feel good. The self-esteem of the 2 with a 3 wing is tied to personal qualities rather than to the quality of service to others. They're sociable and talkative, charming and adaptable, with much "personality" in evidence. They enjoyed bestowing whatever talents and resources they possess on friends and family – cooking, entertaining, singing, and listening – all as ways of sharing their inner bounty.

2w3 - average
People of this subtype are friendly and good-humored, although focused and ambitious. They're not typically into overt care taking; more often they consider their friendship and the quality of their attention to be sufficient gift to others. There can be a seductive aspect to people of this subtype, as well as more of a focus on relationships, excessive friendliness, exaggerated sentimentality, and histrionic displays, the results of the 3's desire for acceptance blending with the 2's drive for intimacy. Less serious and more task-driven then 2's with the 1 wing, they're also less likely to engage in self questioning and self-criticism. People of the subtype are direct about what they want, drawing attention to the services they provide. They can be self-important, high-handed, and sometimes arrogant.

Oh dang. Thanks for those 2w1 descriptions.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I agree. :) You don't seem sx/so to me at all though. I think so/sx was right.
woah! everything in soc/sx fits me perfectly.

Motivation: to create lasting connections with those they are interested in - the "best friend."
^ YES

This type has very strong one to one social skills, but is usually uncomfortable in group settings.
^ YES, awful in groups, good in one-on-one

They enjoy cultivating multiple relationships, and can be intensely involved when in the presence of someone they are interested in, but have difficulty sustaining these bonds when apart.
^ Completely true. I can get very involved in the person who's in front of me, and people have commented on how "immersed" I get in other people. Yes, I have trouble sustaining these bonds when apart, and it sucks majorly.

You're right! so/sx it is

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
From the few moments I've spoken to you over this forum Honor, you seem like a 2.

You have a warm presence and respond well to positive feedback.
Thank you!

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so

2w1 - healthy

2w1 - average

2w3 - healthy

2w3 - average

Hmm, honestly, I'm torn.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
They enjoy cultivating multiple relationships, and can be intensely involved when in the presence of someone they are interested in, but have difficulty sustaining these bonds when apart.
^ Completely true. I can get very involved in the person who's in front of me, and people have commented on how "immersed" I get in other people. Yes, I have trouble sustaining these bonds when apart, and it sucks majorly.

You're right! so/sx it is

I can relate. :hug: Like it's the little things that people often do to sustain long-distance relationships that I forget to do (texting, checking in online, etc). And I tend to be more involved with who's in my immediate area than who's far away from me.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I can relate. :hug: Like it's the little things that people often do to sustain long-distance relationships that I forget to do (texting, checking in online, etc). And I tend to be more involved with who's in my immediate area than who's far away from me.
Exactly! When people move away or when they graduate or anything, it kinda breaks my heart for a long time. I have so much love for people who I see all the time. That they are gone now and that the relationship is so much more difficult to sustain...is something I don't want to wrap my head around.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm, honestly, I'm torn.

I am also a bit conflicted about my wing. Someone told me though it is normal to exhibit characteristics of both, and that the inferior will develop more with age. :)

Hooray for another 2 on the boards! We are quite outnumbered by the 4s. :D

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I am also a bit conflicted about my wing. Someone told me though it is normal to exhibit characteristics of both, and that the inferior will develop more with age. :)

Hooray for another 2 on the boards! We are quite outnumbered by the 4s. :D
Yay! Glad to be a two with you! :)

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I think I relate more to 2w3.