User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Help?

Socionics
    ILI

Default Help?

I can't figure out my MBTI type, and here are the facts.

I have taken several MBTI tests and have scored ENTP and INTP equally, with some scattered INTJ scores.

I have taken a Socionics test that told me I was an LII (INTj, or MBTI INTP) but also told me that I was 99% as likely to be an ILE (ENTp and ENTP) and 97% as likely to be an ILI (INTp or MBTI INTJ).

My enneagram is even more unknown than MBTI and Socionics as I am only able to eliminate type 2 (I have taken several tests).

I also took a Jungian Cognitive Function Quiz online and found that my most developed to least developed functions are Ti 90%, Ne 90%, Ni 80%, Fi 80%, Te 55%, Si 40%, Fe 35%, and Se 30%.

I could be getting my functions wrong here but, I think I use Ni pretty often; in fact, just three hours ago me and my friend were leaving my other friend's house and I experienced something like a vibe and I almost instinctively asked my friend if he had his car keys, which he checked to see if he had but evidently didn't; he told me he had left them on the table inside my other friend's house and was surprised I caught that he left them. I'm also one of those people who can instantly figure what a movie or TV show is going to do next, i.e. if a main character is going to be hurt or dissecting complex plot twists before they happen. Consequently I feel myself using Ne as well, but only during social situations. In conversation I connect the dots from various ideas that were discussed, tying them together with brutal sarcasm and humorous wit, and this causes me to seem extremely gregarious in conversation because I'm constantly juggling ideas around and making witty jokes.

On MBTI, I always score E/I within 5 points of each other, most commonly 2-3 points apart, and I suspect that I am either an incredibly rational and intellectual INFJ, an INTP, an ENTP, or a procrastinating and spastic INTJ.

Thoughts guys?

Infinite Bubble

xNTP. What you suggested as being Ni, is probably not Ni. But what you said of Ne actually sounds like usage of it.

INTP seems more likely than ENTP. What were you like as a child? That should clear things up.

Socionics
    ILI

Thanks for responding,

As a child I was extremely socially awkward and very inquisitive and creative. I would be that one kid who knew a great deal about a subject before I even had the class (Emphasis on History, Math, and Science). When I reached middle school, I sort of learned how to play "the game" of society. I guess now reflecting on it I must have started developing Ne then. I realized that making jokes was so easy, you just had to judge the reactions of others and their preferences beforehand. Because of this socialization, I appear(ed) staunchly extroverted yet conversely didn't (don't) have many deep interpersonal relationships, and it's a bit of a curse. I was/am the guy that looks like he has three trillion friends but really is very anti-social and envy those around me who can make solid emotional connections and "play the game" better than me (This may be a product of the fact that I conceal my emotions, I'm brutally honest, and I'm socially cautious). However, I have an easier time making friends than most people probably because I can mold my persona to whoever I'm talking to. I've heard that a marginal percentage of INTPs develop into social chameleons, does this sound anything like that?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Still ENTP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    xNTP. What you suggested as being Ni, is probably not Ni. But what you said of Ne actually sounds like usage of it.

INTP seems more likely than ENTP. What were you like as a child? That should clear things up.
    How so?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Based on your tests results you're clearly an INTP. Even your functions clearly say NTP...No reason for you to think about INTJ

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Thanks for responding,

As a child I was extremely socially awkward and very inquisitive and creative. I would be that one kid who knew a great deal about a subject before I even had the class (Emphasis on History, Math, and Science). When I reached middle school, I sort of learned how to play "the game" of society. I guess now reflecting on it I must have started developing Ne then. I realized that making jokes was so easy, you just had to judge the reactions of others and their preferences beforehand. Because of this socialization, I appear(ed) staunchly extroverted yet conversely didn't (don't) have many deep interpersonal relationships, and it's a bit of a curse. I was/am the guy that looks like he has three trillion friends but really is very anti-social and envy those around me who can make solid emotional connections and "play the game" better than me (This may be a product of the fact that I conceal my emotions, I'm brutally honest, and I'm socially cautious). However, I have an easier time making friends than most people probably because I can mold my persona to whoever I'm talking to. I've heard that a marginal percentage of INTPs develop into social chameleons, does this sound anything like that?
    Dude, you sound a lot like an INTJ I know. Could also see ENTP. You don't sound INTP to me, personally.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Socionics
    ILI

For those of you over here still trying to type my mbti, people have begun trying to type my mbti and Enneagram over on my Enneagram type me thread. Which is here:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...aire-perc.html

I've been told that I am somewhere between INTP and INTJ by a few people, others have said clearly ENTP, I think @Mal12345 suggested ENTJ on the enneagram forum before he made me take his inventory. It's really confusing and I really just want to figure out what damn type I am.

Is it possible that I could just shadow function really easily between ENTP and INTJ?

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    How so?
    S/he talks about the supposed use of Ne in a sort of detached manner, as if it isn't their primary mode of existence, rather one which was developed later. Also, the likely options chosen were INTP, ENTP, INTJ and INFJ, only one being extroverted. It seemed to hint at introversion.

Could be either though really.

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Dude, you sound a lot like an INTJ I know. Could also see ENTP. You don't sound INTP to me, personally.
    How can you see INTJ and ENTP but not INTP, which is in between both?

@Alea_iacta_est Social chameleon-ism I think comes from the fluidity of Ne and the passive use of Fe. The behind-the-scenes interaction style might be a cause too. Have a look at this, determine your style:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...your-type.html

Edit: Hang on, just gonna read that other thread of yours.

Socionics
    ILI

@Infinite Bubble
    I'm a guy by the way.
    I've always had trouble with this, I use to be on PerC, and all of the INTJs called me an INTP and all of the INTPs called me an INTP and all of the ENTPs had no clue whatsoever. I'm going to take a look at that link real quick.