• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help?

Alea_iacta_est

I can't figure out my MBTI type, and here are the facts.

I have taken several MBTI tests and have scored ENTP and INTP equally, with some scattered INTJ scores.

I have taken a Socionics test that told me I was an LII (INTj, or MBTI INTP) but also told me that I was 99% as likely to be an ILE (ENTp and ENTP) and 97% as likely to be an ILI (INTp or MBTI INTJ).

My enneagram is even more unknown than MBTI and Socionics as I am only able to eliminate type 2 (I have taken several tests).

I also took a Jungian Cognitive Function Quiz online and found that my most developed to least developed functions are Ti 90%, Ne 90%, Ni 80%, Fi 80%, Te 55%, Si 40%, Fe 35%, and Se 30%.

I could be getting my functions wrong here but, I think I use Ni pretty often; in fact, just three hours ago me and my friend were leaving my other friend's house and I experienced something like a vibe and I almost instinctively asked my friend if he had his car keys, which he checked to see if he had but evidently didn't; he told me he had left them on the table inside my other friend's house and was surprised I caught that he left them. I'm also one of those people who can instantly figure what a movie or TV show is going to do next, i.e. if a main character is going to be hurt or dissecting complex plot twists before they happen. Consequently I feel myself using Ne as well, but only during social situations. In conversation I connect the dots from various ideas that were discussed, tying them together with brutal sarcasm and humorous wit, and this causes me to seem extremely gregarious in conversation because I'm constantly juggling ideas around and making witty jokes.

On MBTI, I always score E/I within 5 points of each other, most commonly 2-3 points apart, and I suspect that I am either an incredibly rational and intellectual INFJ, an INTP, an ENTP, or a procrastinating and spastic INTJ.

Thoughts guys?

I

Infinite Bubble

xNTP. What you suggested as being Ni, is probably not Ni. But what you said of Ne actually sounds like usage of it.

INTP seems more likely than ENTP. What were you like as a child? That should clear things up.

Alea_iacta_est

Thanks for responding,

As a child I was extremely socially awkward and very inquisitive and creative. I would be that one kid who knew a great deal about a subject before I even had the class (Emphasis on History, Math, and Science). When I reached middle school, I sort of learned how to play "the game" of society. I guess now reflecting on it I must have started developing Ne then. I realized that making jokes was so easy, you just had to judge the reactions of others and their preferences beforehand. Because of this socialization, I appear(ed) staunchly extroverted yet conversely didn't (don't) have many deep interpersonal relationships, and it's a bit of a curse. I was/am the guy that looks like he has three trillion friends but really is very anti-social and envy those around me who can make solid emotional connections and "play the game" better than me (This may be a product of the fact that I conceal my emotions, I'm brutally honest, and I'm socially cautious). However, I have an easier time making friends than most people probably because I can mold my persona to whoever I'm talking to. I've heard that a marginal percentage of INTPs develop into social chameleons, does this sound anything like that?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Still ENTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
xNTP. What you suggested as being Ni, is probably not Ni. But what you said of Ne actually sounds like usage of it.

INTP seems more likely than ENTP. What were you like as a child? That should clear things up.

How so?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on your tests results you're clearly an INTP. Even your functions clearly say NTP...No reason for you to think about INTJ

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Thanks for responding,

As a child I was extremely socially awkward and very inquisitive and creative. I would be that one kid who knew a great deal about a subject before I even had the class (Emphasis on History, Math, and Science). When I reached middle school, I sort of learned how to play "the game" of society. I guess now reflecting on it I must have started developing Ne then. I realized that making jokes was so easy, you just had to judge the reactions of others and their preferences beforehand. Because of this socialization, I appear(ed) staunchly extroverted yet conversely didn't (don't) have many deep interpersonal relationships, and it's a bit of a curse. I was/am the guy that looks like he has three trillion friends but really is very anti-social and envy those around me who can make solid emotional connections and "play the game" better than me (This may be a product of the fact that I conceal my emotions, I'm brutally honest, and I'm socially cautious). However, I have an easier time making friends than most people probably because I can mold my persona to whoever I'm talking to. I've heard that a marginal percentage of INTPs develop into social chameleons, does this sound anything like that?
Dude, you sound a lot like an INTJ I know. Could also see ENTP. You don't sound INTP to me, personally.

Alea_iacta_est

For those of you over here still trying to type my mbti, people have begun trying to type my mbti and Enneagram over on my Enneagram type me thread. Which is here:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-enneagram-type/66278-help-questionnaire-perc.html

I've been told that I am somewhere between INTP and INTJ by a few people, others have said clearly ENTP, I think [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] suggested ENTJ on the enneagram forum before he made me take his inventory. It's really confusing and I really just want to figure out what damn type I am.

Is it possible that I could just shadow function really easily between ENTP and INTJ?

I

Infinite Bubble

S/he talks about the supposed use of Ne in a sort of detached manner, as if it isn't their primary mode of existence, rather one which was developed later. Also, the likely options chosen were INTP, ENTP, INTJ and INFJ, only one being extroverted. It seemed to hint at introversion.

Could be either though really.

Dude, you sound a lot like an INTJ I know. Could also see ENTP. You don't sound INTP to me, personally.

How can you see INTJ and ENTP but not INTP, which is in between both?

[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] Social chameleon-ism I think comes from the fluidity of Ne and the passive use of Fe. The behind-the-scenes interaction style might be a cause too. Have a look at this, determine your style:

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...27-quick-guide-double-checking-your-type.html

Edit: Hang on, just gonna read that other thread of yours.

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION]
I'm a guy by the way.
I've always had trouble with this, I use to be on PerC, and all of the INTJs called me an INTP and all of the INTPs called me an INTP and all of the ENTPs had no clue whatsoever. I'm going to take a look at that link real quick.

Alea_iacta_est

Alright, I just looked at that thread, and here is the only problem I see.
1. Informing (I do this most of the time)
1a. Responding (I do this most of the time)

So introverted I guess

But then there is this: (this may be where the problem lies)
Chart-the-Course (Directing and Responding). Typically knowing the plan and what needs to be done to reach the goal, they focus on keeping the team on track. (ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ, ISTP) I do this often.

Get-Things-Going (Informing and Initiating). With a focus on interaction, they act as a catalyst using information, enthusiasm, energy and excitement to persuade and involve others. (ESFJ, ENTP, ENFP, ESFP) I can project this if I want to, it's easy to do and it can actually boost my work effort and others.

Behind-the-Scenes (Informing and Responding). With patience and a calm, quiet style, they focus on understanding and accommodation to lead the team to the best possible result. (ISFJ, INTP, INFP, ISFP) I do this when I'm not doing the other two

Still got Rational on temperament as well

I

Infinite Bubble

Alright, I just looked at that thread, and here is the only problem I see.
1. Informing (I do this most of the time)
1a. Responding (I do this most of the time)

So introverted I guess

But then there is this: (this may be where the problem lies)
Chart-the-Course (Directing and Responding). Typically knowing the plan and what needs to be done to reach the goal, they focus on keeping the team on track. (ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ, ISTP) I do this often.

Get-Things-Going (Informing and Initiating). With a focus on interaction, they act as a catalyst using information, enthusiasm, energy and excitement to persuade and involve others. (ESFJ, ENTP, ENFP, ESFP) I can project this if I want to, it's easy to do and it can actually boost my work effort and others.

Behind-the-Scenes (Informing and Responding). With patience and a calm, quiet style, they focus on understanding and accommodation to lead the team to the best possible result. (ISFJ, INTP, INFP, ISFP) I do this when I'm not doing the other two

Still got Rational on temperament as well

Well, that's kind of confusing really, but...

I just looked at your questionnaire and I'm pretty certain that you're an ENTP, Ne and Ti were there but you don't seem like an INTP. As for Enneagram, head types have big problems with anxiety, so that makes 5, 6 or 7 very probable. I can see 3w4 being in there as well. So/Sp possibly for variant.

This caught my attention especially:

When my mind wanders, I see a plethora of ideas that need to be refined, expanded upon, and placed in my system of knowledge (how everything relates to one another)

Do you gather or have lots of ideas in your head first, then place them in your system of knowledge afterwards?

OR

Do you have your system of knowledge and then gather new information especially for it afterwards? (So ideas first or system of knowledge first?)

and I usually begin introspecting and contemplating implementations of ideas and theories.

Does this mean that you aren't introspecting at first, but it's a state you "get into"?

Alea_iacta_est

Well, that's kind of confusing really, but...

I just looked at your questionnaire and I'm pretty certain that you're an ENTP, Ne and Ti were there but you don't seem like an INTP. As for Enneagram, head types have big problems with anxiety, so that makes 5, 6 or 7 very probable. I can see 3w4 being in there as well. So/Sp possibly for variant.

This caught my attention especially:

Do you gather or have lots of ideas in your head first, then place them in your system of knowledge afterwards?

OR

Do you have your system of knowledge and then gather new information especially for it afterwards? (So ideas first or system of knowledge first?)

Does this mean that you aren't introspecting at first, but it's a state you "get into"?

I tend to generate ideas and then place them in my system first, but once I've fit the idea into the system I begin expanding upon it by linking it with all of my other knowledge and the other parts of the system (which I'm guessing is Ne then Ti). What's weird though is that I don't have to focus to generate ideas, they are just kind of there already, as if I've thought about them before.

I introspect pretty often, it isn't really a state. What is a state however, (and what I most likely meant there when I was writing it) was deep introspection, like uprooting the mysteries of life with the systematic network I have compiled at the time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For those of you over here still trying to type my mbti, people have begun trying to type my mbti and Enneagram over on my Enneagram type me thread. Which is here:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-enneagram-type/66278-help-questionnaire-perc.html

I've been told that I am somewhere between INTP and INTJ by a few people, others have said clearly ENTP, I think [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] suggested ENTJ on the enneagram forum before he made me take his inventory. It's really confusing and I really just want to figure out what damn type I am.

Is it possible that I could just shadow function really easily between ENTP and INTJ?

I noticed some ENTJ in your statements, based on your idea that you're NT. However, there were other statements that struck me as ENTP. Then you scored ENTP on my inventory.

And don't forget, you scored yourself 3000 and something on one of the ENTP statements in my inventory.

Alea_iacta_est

I noticed some ENTJ in your statements, based on your idea that you're NT. However, there were other statements that struck me as ENTP. Then you scored ENTP on my inventory.

And don't forget, you scored yourself 3000 and something on one of the ENTP statements in my inventory.

Yeah, so I'm thinking ENTJ has been taken off of the list, I'm probably about to knock off INTJ as well, but I'm not to sure yet, mainly because I truly don't know much difference between Ni and Ne and even more so the difference between Ne-Ti and Ni-Te personalities.

BTW, think I've figured out my core Enneagram Type, just read the description for 5w6 on the site below, and I'm thinking that 7 that keeps popping up is due to an emphasis on 9w1, which can chameleon as 7w6 and 6w7 or even 7w8 often. My heart triad though I've narrowed down to either a 3 or 4, and I think I'm way more 3 than 4 after reading that.

Link:http://typewatchenneagram.blogspot.com/2011/06/typewatch-enneagram-type-descriptions.html

Anna Jorovic

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know what type you are. You don't give enough information, and the information you do give is contradictory. You don't sound INTP to me though.