• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The whole theory has little to do with personality anyway, rather psychological perception styles. Any type, in theory, can have any kind of outward personality, but they will still see the world in different ways.

There are different lenses.

Here are personality traits: "natural nurturer; patient, devoted and protective." Is that Alea? I doubt it.

Anna Jorovic

MBTI Type
INTP
Here's what I identify with in this passage

Interesting. I wonder if you relate to the INTJ profile in the same way?

Alea_iacta_est

There are different lenses.

Here are personality traits: "natural nurturer; patient, devoted and protective." Is that Alea? I doubt it.

The only one I see is perhaps devoted (in work areas). I could easily classify as a misanthrope.

Also, short note: As I've told Orange Fusion, AsPD does run in my family and is quite rife, it may be entirely possible that I have a mild form of it that would make me much harder to type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting. I wonder if you relate to the INTJ profile in the same way?

That Alea quote is EXACTLY what I am trying to avoid with my test - picking and choosing from parts of statements. That is NO way to identify one's personality type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From my personality inventory:

"Consider the entire question; don't base your answer on agreeing with some parts and disagreeing with other parts. The entire question is important to consider when making your response."

Alea_iacta_est

That Alea quote is EXACTLY what I am trying to avoid with my test - picking and choosing from parts of statements. That is NO way to identify one's personality type.

Then what exactly was your purpose of copy pasting an INFJ profile here?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How should I know? We're not married or anything lol.

Actually, he's quite competitive. I'm not saying that INFJs can't be competitive, but it is not an INFJ personality trait.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals." It doesn't say, "INFJs are complex and highly intuitive individuals," even though they are. There is a GOOD reason why it also includes "gentle" and "caring."

Anna Jorovic

MBTI Type
INTP

It is a way. Whether it's a valid way or not is open to question.

Perhaps the easiest way to figure out your type is to go back to basics. I or E? S or N? Etc. Also to take a few Big Five tests, as four of the five scales do correlate with MBTI. Most of the time if you have clear preferences in all four areas then you have your type.

There is so much bullshit online about the cognitive functions - especially terrible descriptions - that it really doesn't help much, and leads to inevitable confusion.

Alea_iacta_est

Perhaps the easiest way to figure out your type is to go back to basics. I or E? S or N? Etc. Also to take a few Big Five tests, as four of the five scales do correlate with MBTI. Most of the time if you have clear preferences in all four areas then you have your type.

There is so much bullshit online about the cognitive functions - especially terrible descriptions - that it really doesn't help much, and leads to inevitable confusion.

Big Five test: RCUEI, which correlates to INTP

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It's not a valid way.

Ask my introverted wife who is Se-dom.

It may indeed work most of the time. But what about the rest of the time?

Most of that is on the forums, e.g., INTPcentral.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never try and type dead people, people claim he's INFJ, INTJ, ENTJ, and god knows what else.

Also see the thread about mental disorders and mistypes, Hitler was clear AsPD comorbid NPD.

ISTJ. CLEARLY.

Anna Jorovic

MBTI Type
INTP
Never try and type dead people, people claim he's INFJ, INTJ, ENTJ, and god knows what else.

Also see the thread about mental disorders and mistypes, Hitler was clear AsPD comorbid NPD.

Haha the difference is I understand this stuff, and I've read a few biographies about him, so plenty of information on both. He was INFJ. He wasn't actually that bad a guy, just completely crazy.

Were all your Big Five areas quite clear? If so then INTP or ENTP is almost certainly your type, even if you are so subjective. :p