• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any idea on my type?

MetalMoon

Firstly, I apologise in advance if these questionnaires annoy the shit out of you; but I can't really see a better way to approach it, so there we go.

Also this is reposted off another forum in case you've seen it before; I posted it here to get as many opinions as possible.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Nah, I'm pretty cool. I think I have a throat infection but I don't imagine it'd affect any of my answers.

I'm fifteen and I'm a girl.

(edit: I have a fever, apparently. So if I say anything dumb ((which I 100% will, and the dumbness will be spread over 70% of these answers) Imma blame it on that k)

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

So many types it's hard to trust them (or myself). I shan't put them here because it may influence your answers. Go into it blind, my friends

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-ba...ore-2013-11-23 East Bierley track | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/url] I like this picture quite a lot. What's odd about when I look at pictures - I look at the background first. I really like the city, set amongst the rolling green landscapes of nature; the long, sloping, natural path leading you to the city. Nature and technology. Humans and nature co-existing; still able to breathe in the fresh air of the countryside.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/olimars...-2013-11-23326 - Light pollution | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/url]
this photo reminds me of calm serenity, for some reason. Just to be able to get out, by yourself, and sit, uninterrupted, for hours at a time, looking at the stars; thinking and wondering and just generally winding down.

Both photos have reminded me of calmness and peace; I imagine myself walking alone in both of them, but the second in particular seems like a very solitary image.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

Well, since I'm usually late to everything, there is no real "on the clock" for me - I'm so unhurried to most things it's ridiculous. Hence, I'd probably sit and consider their ideas. I imagine I'd have to add my own thoughts; if someone presents me with interesting ideas, I have to listen and participate - it's more important for me than doing what is needed in that exact moment. That particular friend may not come out with ideas such as these again - I know, sometimes, I spill out loads of stuff from my mind and I want feedback. So I imagine I'd ignore the task and delve into a conversation with them.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

Keep an open mind, at all times. Closed minds are damaging; an open mind shows desire to learn and grow as a person. Open mindedness doesn't, in itself, mean intelligence; but if you have an open mind, your "intelligence" may increase...it can also grant you wisdom. It's important to see what you may not if you are rigid in your ways.

Other than that, I don't suppose I have them...I'm young, I'm developing my morals constantly. What may apply to someone may not to someone else. It's kinda complicated...but I always try to treat people kindly and give them a chance; which, I suppose, goes under an open mind.

All my values are open mindedness. Allllll of them.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

I guess they could! if i become a cynical bastard when I grow older, then I may start to just view the world from a particular lens. I suppose it's safer for some people that way.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

I'd have to consider the context. If it was clearly a joke, then I may jokingly scorn them for it. If they truly do not mean anything by it, that is.

However, if they were serious, I sometimes go into full debate mode. Not to say that I start ranting at them; I'd sort of just have a back-and-forth match with them. I usually win. And somehow, sometimes I manage to do it in a way so people don't hate me. However, if it's a topic I feel strongly for (and, the arrogance of youth dictates that: if I'm 100% sure on this subject, I'm right) I will unleash all of my knowledge. And if they get offended by common sense and logic, tough shit.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

I love Sunday mornings and afternoons to myself. Don't have to talk to anyone all that time; no interruptions, I can do as I please. And that usually involves researching a million things on my computer; blasting music; and making weird recipes in the kitchen, because no one is allowed to scold me for frying bananas in butter an adding raw cacao powder, honey, and cinnamon (seriously delicious y'all should try it)

I also love school nights, where I can stay in my room and read. It's weird: sometimes, on a nighttime, my brain is so electric that it feels like it's going to burst out of my head. My thoughts almost interrupt one another; idea after idea and phrase after phrase burst inside my head and speed around, and before I have time to contemplate another whizzes along.

I like to go to bed early, so I can listen to music and think of stories to go along with it. It's also nice to just consider things. My brain's kind to me, and rewards me with nonsensical dreams. Nice. But nonsensical.

I also enjoy spending time with friends. But don't we all? Sometimes I get tired after a while; sometimes I want to keep going. Which is why I have no idea if I'm intro/extro.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Ummm...monotonous tasks, I guess; ones where you have to be fully in the moment in order to concentrate on the task, and you can't switch off. Ew.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

I couldn't tell you. Honestly.

Since I don't feel like I could identify as either (coughs special snowflake) imma say ambiverted.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

I'm so bad at this.

What I can say as my weakness: despite everything, I can sometimes be quite self-deprecating; having no logical reason to do so, I often tell myself I'm unintelligent and bad at maths (how can I be expected to improve if I hold this view? I am actually quite good at maths, i'm just insecure with it because I make a lot of dumb mistakes because I rush my work. I may be unintelligent, but eh)

Also, despite how hard I try, I am late. To everything. I'd be late to my own funeral and if I were pregnant I'd probably miss my own labour.

I also procrastinate a ridiculous amount, and my motivation is fleeting. I'm jack of (most) trades, master of none. I don't feel like I could commit myself to many things.

My strengths...I had to ask a friend: apparently I'm intelligent, quite stubborn if I'm sure of myself (lol) yet still willing to listen, witty, and caring despite being awkward in my execution.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

Um, most of the time I sort of go "into myself" (that's not a masturbation euphemism) like when i thought I had left the gas on one time (I had, but thankfully there was no fire.) I was walking brusquely home, not noticing the surroundings apart from my breathing; trying to calm myself yet when considering the situation feeling the flare of worry in my stomach.

Why? I have no idea lol. I am OK at calming myself. And I did consider that there was nothing I could do, so why worry? Worrying, by definition, is pointless. Sometimes you just can't help yourself though. And it's natural to worry (not chronically tho)

Edit: Sometimes I feel the need to pester someone about my insecurities, even though I know they aren't going to tell me anything wildly out of the blue. Like when I had my maths exam, I was bugging my mathematical whizz friend about my abilities. "Do you think I'm prepared enough; do I grasp this concept well enough to pass" etc etc. Sometimes I can't help but ramble when I feel insecure about something, even though I know it's pointless.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

Well, I hate it when people comment on my eating. Even if I know they're wrong about it, I still get pretty upset if they're persistent. I go through the logic over and over again, but the feeling wins primarily; it hurts to think that they think that way.

I can be kind to myself and I can be horrible to myself; but somehow I always snap myself out of it. It may take a while, despite having no reason to do so, and I hate it.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

I get obsessed with art. I remember being obsessed with a movie, and i'd think it through over and over again, considering how deeply emotional it was, and how things could've been different; almost bringing myself to tears imagining one of the main character's feeling of emptiness when he wasn't with his partner.

I also have a multitude of my own stories, which I often visit. Many stories, many characters, many landscapes. Rarely write them down; it wouldn't be the same. I'm not adept enough at communicating to express internal thoughts. (Don't mean to sound pretentious :/)

This doesn't mean to say I'm bored with reality. I consider reality a lot, and I am happy with it. I just always have a place in my mind, that feels amazing when I visit it. And I could consider anything: science, literature, a lot of feelings, society...

(wait. Is this an introvert thing??)

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

I welcome it, if anything! There is no limit, if someone is being genuine and wants to help. If they're being obnoxious and just pointing out flaws for the sake of it, then it just irritates me and makes me more likely to fail.

But if they've really watched me do the thing, their feedback is welcome. I usually feel grateful, because it means that they've actually considered my work on the task, and want me to succeed with their constructive criticism.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

I didn't answer these questions in order. Does that signify anything?

W

WALMART

ISFP.

The majority of humanity is ambiverted, you're not special there ;)

W

WALMART

Drat. ;)

Why S instead of N? Other people have me pegged as INFP.

I'm at work, and I'm usually lazy about explaining my rationale to people, but when I get home I will try to visit the subject with you.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I'd have gone with INFP. You seem a little too "dreamy/head in clouds" for an S to me.

I

Infinite Bubble

xNFP, there's quite a bit of evidence for Ne/Si. Can't tell if Ne or Fi is first. I'm actually leaning towards ENFP based on vibe alone. You seem more perception lead than judging. I'd like to hear superunknown's argument for ISFP though.

MetalMoon

ENFP seems to be what is always landed on (I've asked a loooot of people because of my damn unsurity) but I am too :3

W

WALMART

Reading again.

Bro, you're so Se. Especially considering you are fifteen years old.

Se types can be even more dreamy than Ne types, when it comes to immediate perception (Ne types can be more unrealistic).

The biggest crime of typists is presuming that spacey = N type, when in reality, it equals a strong rational function.

I could talk for hours, if you join our Ventrilo server. Too drunk to do anything here worthwhile.

Okay, really quick:

Ne - Ensuring a potential existence

Se - Enjoying the current existence

I see more Se than Ne.

I see the exploration of concepts more than anything.

Hence, Fi dom.

MetalMoon

I always thought that the lines between S/N were rather distinct...seems as if they're actually quite blurred (not a reference to that shitty song)

Do ISFP/ENFP often get mixed up?

Well. I never considered ISFP because I couldn't really relate to any of the type profiles (though I'm assuming they're just stereotypes)

Brb reading moree.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Your humorous parenthetical remarks, anticipating confusion, are classic Ne to me.

However, you don't seem all that extroverted to me, and the withdrawing into yourself/oblivious to surroundings is something I do, so I'll place my bets on INFP.

Your posts are very light in tone though...I don't imagine you're an INFP 4. You sound kinda 6w7ish to me, you just seem a little jittery. Anyway, we won't worry about the enneagram for now.

It's sometimes hard for me to type young'uns. :newwink:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
IxFP. You sound strongly introverted in a cognitive sense.

MetalMoon

My instinct was to say isfp as well.

I'm now considering changing my MBTI type on here to IxFP (image is everything you know)

What I'm really struggling with is intro/extro. I can't describe what I'm thinking about it...but it feels as if I can't be introverted in the classic sense. Excuse my huge brain fog.

Edit: Forever_Jung and skylights - I've just thought of another anecdote: whenever I'm upset and around people, the self-depreciating thoughts get too much for me (it seems as if the surroundings further push me to the brink of tears; or even deeper self-imposed isolation) and I just sit there quietly, not knowing whether or not to pull myself out of it. If I do, I will most likely cheer up slightly, but won't feel completely there. If I leave the room for 10-15 minutes and just decompress, I feel a lot better, and can join everyone once again. I was sure of that just being a thing everyone did, though.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm now considering changing my MBTI type on here to IxFP (image is everything you know)

What I'm really struggling with is intro/extro. I can't describe what I'm thinking about it...but it feels as if I can't be introverted. Excuse my huge brain fog.

Yes, if you are able to express your doubts about your introversion, we can work with that. That's one of the most common things you hear (not sure if I or E...) on typing forums. A lot of times, people mistake I/E to be a choice between shy/outgoing. Not sure if that's what you're thinking though.

Edit: Forever_Jung and skylights - I've just thought of another anecdote: whenever I'm upset and around people, the self-depreciating thoughts get too much for me (it seems as if the surroundings further push me to the brink of tears; or even deeper self-imposed isolation) and I just sit there quietly, not knowing whether or not to pull myself out of it. If I do, I will most likely cheer up slightly, but won't feel completely there. If I leave the room for 10-15 minutes and just decompress, I feel a lot better, and can join everyone once again. I was sure of that just being a thing everyone did, though.

I'm no ENFP, but that sounds introverted to me. I don't really relate to what you're talking about though, it's not something I do. Not sure I know exactly what you're saying, though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

What I'm really struggling with is intro/extro. I can't describe what I'm thinking about it...but it feels as if I can't be introverted in the classic sense. Excuse my huge brain fog.

:yes: It seems like you retreat into yourself to heal and be calm and peaceful and happy. It doesn't work like that for extraverts. Alone too long, we get antsy and down on ourselves.

MetalMoon

Yes, if you are able to express your doubts about your introversion, we can work with that. That's one of the most common things you hear (not sure if I or E...) on typing forums. A lot of times, people mistake I/E to be a choice between shy/outgoing. Not sure if that's what you're thinking though.

Nah, it wasn't a case of shy/outgoing...but other anecdotes on here seem to point towards people being absolutely exhausting. Like they enjoy it and all, but their alone time has to over-compensate for them to energise. I wasn't sure if I found that - which is odd, considering I spend 7 hours at school with people, but not always conversing (y'know, classes and all that) and about 7 hours by myself: either in my room or at the gym. So I could well be introverted; I just never really pinpointed it because I was so used to that routine.

Actually, now that I think of it: sometimes I join my friend's party on xbox...I join in the conversation loads at first, but after a while I mostly just listen, and only join in when I have something interesting to say.

Also, I've spent the last 4 days basically by myself - I've been sick off school, my parents have been out - and not talking to anyone for 8+ hours per day has had no negative effect on me. I've been reading, gaming, etc. I've been fine.

I'm no ENFP, but that sounds introverted to me. I don't really relate to what you're talking about though, it's not something I do. Not sure I know exactly what you're saying, though.

Well, my prose is a little simplistic and immature - I don't blame you ;)

Basically, if I'm upset, I need to go away by myself and let the waves of emotion wash over me; these waves are intermittent, too. So i'll be relatively upset for a few minutes, then it'll die down, then something I think of will bring it back. I ride through this by myself, and after a while I can calm myself down adequately. If I were to be around other people, it would be worse. Alone I can let my emotions decompress. With people, emotional response is heightened yet I feel more locked inside myself.

I

Infinite Bubble

Skim through these inferior function descriptions, [MENTION=20337]MetalMoon[/MENTION]. One of them should describe how you are under stress or in a negative state, and then it can be deduced whether you are an introvert or extrovert.

Inferior Te (IxFPs) - http://personalitycafe.com/infp-articles/76770-recognizing-inferior-function-ifps.html
Inferior Si (ENxPs) - http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-articles/76803-recognizing-inferior-function-enfps.html
Inferior Ni, just to be safe (ESxPs) - http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...nality-matrices/29154-form-inferior-esps.html

MetalMoon

:yes: It seems like you retreat into yourself to heal and be calm and peaceful and happy. It doesn't work like that for extraverts. Alone too long, we get antsy and down on ourselves.

I see :3 so if you were in my current situation - alone for 8 hours per day - you'd feel like something was wrong? Like...brain fog, or restlessness?