User Tag List

First 123 Last

I always thought that the lines between S/N were rather distinct...seems as if they're actually quite blurred (not a reference to that shitty song)

Do ISFP/ENFP often get mixed up?

Well. I never considered ISFP because I couldn't really relate to any of the type profiles (though I'm assuming they're just stereotypes)

Brb reading moree.

Anew Leaf

My instinct was to say isfp as well.

Enneagram

Your humorous parenthetical remarks, anticipating confusion, are classic Ne to me.

However, you don't seem all that extroverted to me, and the withdrawing into yourself/oblivious to surroundings is something I do, so I'll place my bets on INFP.

Your posts are very light in tone though...I don't imagine you're an INFP 4. You sound kinda 6w7ish to me, you just seem a little jittery. Anyway, we won't worry about the enneagram for now.

It's sometimes hard for me to type young'uns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

IxFP. You sound strongly introverted in a cognitive sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    My instinct was to say isfp as well.
    I'm now considering changing my MBTI type on here to IxFP (image is everything you know)

What I'm really struggling with is intro/extro. I can't describe what I'm thinking about it...but it feels as if I can't be introverted in the classic sense. Excuse my huge brain fog.

Edit: Forever_Jung and skylights - I've just thought of another anecdote: whenever I'm upset and around people, the self-depreciating thoughts get too much for me (it seems as if the surroundings further push me to the brink of tears; or even deeper self-imposed isolation) and I just sit there quietly, not knowing whether or not to pull myself out of it. If I do, I will most likely cheer up slightly, but won't feel completely there. If I leave the room for 10-15 minutes and just decompress, I feel a lot better, and can join everyone once again. I was sure of that just being a thing everyone did, though.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMoon View Post
    I'm now considering changing my MBTI type on here to IxFP (image is everything you know)

What I'm really struggling with is intro/extro. I can't describe what I'm thinking about it...but it feels as if I can't be introverted. Excuse my huge brain fog.
    Yes, if you are able to express your doubts about your introversion, we can work with that. That's one of the most common things you hear (not sure if I or E...) on typing forums. A lot of times, people mistake I/E to be a choice between shy/outgoing. Not sure if that's what you're thinking though.

Edit: Forever_Jung and skylights - I've just thought of another anecdote: whenever I'm upset and around people, the self-depreciating thoughts get too much for me (it seems as if the surroundings further push me to the brink of tears; or even deeper self-imposed isolation) and I just sit there quietly, not knowing whether or not to pull myself out of it. If I do, I will most likely cheer up slightly, but won't feel completely there. If I leave the room for 10-15 minutes and just decompress, I feel a lot better, and can join everyone once again. I was sure of that just being a thing everyone did, though.
    I'm no ENFP, but that sounds introverted to me. I don't really relate to what you're talking about though, it's not something I do. Not sure I know exactly what you're saying, though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

What I'm really struggling with is intro/extro. I can't describe what I'm thinking about it...but it feels as if I can't be introverted in the classic sense. Excuse my huge brain fog.

It seems like you retreat into yourself to heal and be calm and peaceful and happy. It doesn't work like that for extraverts. Alone too long, we get antsy and down on ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Yes, if you are able to express your doubts about your introversion, we can work with that. That's one of the most common things you hear (not sure if I or E...) on typing forums. A lot of times, people mistake I/E to be a choice between shy/outgoing. Not sure if that's what you're thinking though.
    Nah, it wasn't a case of shy/outgoing...but other anecdotes on here seem to point towards people being absolutely exhausting. Like they enjoy it and all, but their alone time has to over-compensate for them to energise. I wasn't sure if I found that - which is odd, considering I spend 7 hours at school with people, but not always conversing (y'know, classes and all that) and about 7 hours by myself: either in my room or at the gym. So I could well be introverted; I just never really pinpointed it because I was so used to that routine.

Actually, now that I think of it: sometimes I join my friend's party on xbox...I join in the conversation loads at first, but after a while I mostly just listen, and only join in when I have something interesting to say.

Also, I've spent the last 4 days basically by myself - I've been sick off school, my parents have been out - and not talking to anyone for 8+ hours per day has had no negative effect on me. I've been reading, gaming, etc. I've been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I'm no ENFP, but that sounds introverted to me. I don't really relate to what you're talking about though, it's not something I do. Not sure I know exactly what you're saying, though.
    Well, my prose is a little simplistic and immature - I don't blame you

Basically, if I'm upset, I need to go away by myself and let the waves of emotion wash over me; these waves are intermittent, too. So i'll be relatively upset for a few minutes, then it'll die down, then something I think of will bring it back. I ride through this by myself, and after a while I can calm myself down adequately. If I were to be around other people, it would be worse. Alone I can let my emotions decompress. With people, emotional response is heightened yet I feel more locked inside myself.

Infinite Bubble

Skim through these inferior function descriptions, @MetalMoon. One of them should describe how you are under stress or in a negative state, and then it can be deduced whether you are an introvert or extrovert.

Inferior Te (IxFPs) - http://personalitycafe.com/infp-arti...tion-ifps.html
    Inferior Si (ENxPs) - http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-arti...ion-enfps.html
    Inferior Ni, just to be safe (ESxPs) - http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rior-esps.html

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    It seems like you retreat into yourself to heal and be calm and peaceful and happy. It doesn't work like that for extraverts. Alone too long, we get antsy and down on ourselves.
    I see :3 so if you were in my current situation - alone for 8 hours per day - you'd feel like something was wrong? Like...brain fog, or restlessness?