• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any idea on my type?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Nah, it wasn't a case of shy/outgoing...but other anecdotes on here seem to point towards people being absolutely exhausting. Like they enjoy it and all, but their alone time has to over-compensate for them to energise. I wasn't sure if I found that - which is odd, considering I spend 7 hours at school with people, but not always conversing (y'know, classes and all that) and about 7 hours by myself: either in my room or at the gym. So I could well be introverted; I just never really pinpointed it because I was so used to that routine.

Actually, now that I think of it: sometimes I join my friend's party on xbox...I join in the conversation loads at first, but after a while I mostly just listen, and only join in when I have something interesting to say.

Also, I've spent the last 4 days basically by myself - I've been sick off school, my parents have been out - and not talking to anyone for 8+ hours per day has had no negative effect on me. I've been reading, gaming, etc. I've been fine.

Well, my prose is a little simplistic and immature - I don't blame you ;)

Basically, if I'm upset, I need to go away by myself and let the waves of emotion wash over me; these waves are intermittent, too. So i'll be relatively upset for a few minutes, then it'll die down, then something I think of will bring it back. I ride through this by myself, and after a while I can calm myself down adequately. If I were to be around other people, it would be worse. Alone I can let my emotions decompress. With people, emotional response is heightened yet I feel more locked inside myself.

Yeah, based on this, I would be flabbergasted if you were an extravert. Also, your prose isn't simplistic and immature, I just like things spelled out for me sometimes. :newwink:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see :3 so if you were in my current situation - alone for 8 hours per day - you'd feel like something was wrong? Like...brain fog, or restlessness?

Yes, I would probably be unhappy, unless it were something drastic and I were recuperating from an insanely busy week. But even then I would probably be good after about 2-3 hours of being alone, and would seek company after that. I could not maintain it on any regular schedule.

MetalMoon

Yeah, based on this, I would be flabbergasted if you were an extravert. Also, your prose isn't simplistic and immature, I just like things spelled out for me sometimes. :newwink:

Heh, thank you ;3

We shall see - still undecided; seeking outside knowledge and validation am I. ;D

Yes, I would probably be unhappy, unless it were something drastic and I were recuperating from an insanely busy week. But even then I would probably be good after about 2-3 hours of being alone, and would seek company after that. I could not maintain it on any regular schedule.

I see..well, I think i'm more introverted than that I guess :mrtoothy:
[MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION] pasted what applies to me

EnxP

IxFP

I mostly enjoy debating opinions with others; I gain energy from it. This is Te, right?

W

WALMART

Te is about a drive to come to intellectual conclusions and rid oneself of subjective influences.

(subjective influences are subjective, don't mix Te with the end-all of objectivity)

MetalMoon

Te is about a drive to come to intellectual conclusions and rid oneself of subjective influences.

(subjective influences are subjective, don't mix Te with the end-all of objectivity)

I had a debate with my friends on abortion, I think. I argued objectively and a few of them appealed to emotion "but it's an innocent baby!" not sure if this is Te though.

A

Anew Leaf

I'm now considering changing my MBTI type on here to IxFP (image is everything you know)
What I'm really struggling with is intro/extro. I can't describe what I'm thinking about it...but it feels as if I can't be introverted in the classic sense. Excuse my huge brain fog.

Edit: Forever_Jung and skylights - I've just thought of another anecdote: whenever I'm upset and around people, the self-depreciating thoughts get too much for me (it seems as if the surroundings further push me to the brink of tears; or even deeper self-imposed isolation) and I just sit there quietly, not knowing whether or not to pull myself out of it. If I do, I will most likely cheer up slightly, but won't feel completely there. If I leave the room for 10-15 minutes and just decompress, I feel a lot better, and can join everyone once again. I was sure of that just being a thing everyone did, though.

@bold. Yeah... you're ISFP. :)