I'm having a very introspective moment, so I would really appreciate input and insight on my most likely type.
Here's a standard questionnaire.
(Any other relevant question you'd like answered? Ask, go right ahead!)
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Mainly the way I deal with the external world, that is to say, I'm not sure if I appear and act the way I do because of (consistent) preferences or if I'm just being flexible and putting up with things. Also...I sometimes have doubts about my own tough-mindness / mushiness.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Most of all, peace of mind, intellectual stimulation, both from personal and impersonal sources, and a quiet life without. I am not very ambitious, in the sense that I make it my lifetime goal to be recognized for awesome deeds or to earn high status among the living.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I feel at my finest when I solve particularly difficult, intellectual problems, or better, when I can prove myself as being consistent therein. Why? I'd say...that I just enjoy the concentration and the abstraction that comes with them. It is a bonus when I manage to do it for the benefit of less able people, but that is not necessary.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
Unfortunately for me, many things. The following problems make me feel frustrated and deeply stressed out because they are contrary to my natural psychological inclinations...and because I have little skill to endure them, in general. extensive socializing (i.e. longer than 15 minutes); routine tasks (like filling out forms and such); and tasks which require manual / physical dexterity (handling cars, sailboats, for example).
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
1) Do these decisions oblige me to activities I detest? (see above); 2) Do they involve helping others in areas I feel comfortable with?; 3) Will I get valuable reward (material or not) for sticking to those decisions?; 4) Will my turning against these decision unleash the wrath of the mob / neurotic relatives?
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
If the team is unbalanced or not particularly skilled, I may take the lead... but that tends to take its toll on me.
Ideally, I'd work for a team of not-so-conventional and highly skilled people who get along with one another (no nagging, bossing and unnecessary conflict ... hissing, crying, tempers flaring, that kind of thing). I'd just do what I do best and with diligence, as everyone else, and the project would turn out a success.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I tend to feel better, more relaxed, when I travel and have no clear sense of obligation within...I also like bookstores. Good ones are like carnivals to me.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Sometimes really hands-on, sometimes really memorize, but mostly I experiment / dabble in order to theorize...or I'll just theorize without dabbling.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I prepare myself for daily events (clothing, food, work and so on), but I'm not nearly a neat freak as many people I know.
When exploring ideas, I start out organized and logical but as it goes on, I tend to go off, just going after exciting possibilities, instead of keeping to the task at hand. I don't consider this to be a good trait, as I often restrain myself to time limits.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
More often than not, I won't really judge new ideas to a fault, in order to come to a really solid conclusion, you see...does it allow empirical proofing or not? What evidence at hand? Is it logically tenable? What is the basis or the origins for such an idea, if widespread? I just want to ask myself these questions, I don't feel that I need to hold a clear-cut opinion.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I let everyone do their own thing, so long as they are willing to discuss why they are doing such things, and as long as they don't exploit others' work in order to achieve their ends.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Thinking before speaking, definitely. I won't talk in group discussions, I tend to absorb what is being said from all sides...even when I know I have a well-argued case, I prefer to sit back.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
No, I do not jump before leaping...but I confess I go into some things less prepared than I should...for me, actions are important for keeping promises...and to ease a consciousness.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Night out? Friends? What friends? Oh, you mean acquaintances. No, I always decline. I dislike such outings, they bore me to no end.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I become high strung, I waste serious amounts of time, I eat badly, I sleep too much, and fill out questionnaires such as these...
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Negative / annoying traits:
-Talking before thinking things through
-No interest in defending their opinions with sound argument
-Neurotic-ness (especially when involving sadistic and histrionic behaviour)
-Hypocritic observance of social rituals with little value (like wishing a happy birthday to a person who doesn't care about me / I don't care about)
-No intellectual ambitions...instead preferring to dishing out conventional hogwash to a merry crowd, or something like that.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Many things, from daily affairs to the unknown...as long as it consists in sharing insights and arguing rigorously and with good intention...
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
The so-called practical and current affairs. I prefer the big picture.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Difficult to say. Almost all say I'm very intelligent -- I think that they overestimate and underestimate that intelligence at the same time.
Most know that I'm not very social and that I need time alone.
What they don't know is that I often feel isolated and distressed because I struggle with self-esteem and cosmological issues alike.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
-Staying at home reading and using the PC
-Walking along the neighborhood (or along some prettier sight, anyway)
-Spending time with my girlfriend and my dog