• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone willing to type me?

Lady-Marian

INTJ

(taken from: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTJ.html)

As an INTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning. They value intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and typically have high standards in these regards, which they continuously strive to fulfill. To a somewhat lesser extent, they have similar expectations of others.

With Introverted Intuition dominating their personality, INTJs focus their energy on observing the world, and generating ideas and possibilities. Their mind constantly gathers information and makes associations about it. They are tremendously insightful and usually are very quick to understand new ideas. However, their primary interest is not understanding a concept, but rather applying that concept in a useful way. Unlike the INTP, they do not follow an idea as far as they possibly can, seeking only to understand it fully. INTJs are driven to come to conclusions about ideas. Their need for closure and organization usually requires that they take some action.

INTJ's tremendous value and need for systems and organization, combined with their natural insightfulness, makes them excellent scientists. An INTJ scientist gives a gift to society by putting their ideas into a useful form for others to follow. It is not easy for the INTJ to express their internal images, insights, and abstractions. The internal form of the INTJ's thoughts and concepts is highly individualized, and is not readily translatable into a form that others will understand. However, the INTJ is driven to translate their ideas into a plan or system that is usually readily explainable, rather than to do a direct translation of their thoughts. They usually don't see the value of a direct transaction, and will also have difficulty expressing their ideas, which are non-linear. However, their extreme respect of knowledge and intelligence will motivate them to explain themselves to another person who they feel is deserving of the effort.

INTJs are natural leaders, although they usually choose to remain in the background until they see a real need to take over the lead. When they are in leadership roles, they are quite effective, because they are able to objectively see the reality of a situation, and are adaptable enough to change things which aren't working well. They are the supreme strategists - always scanning available ideas and concepts and weighing them against their current strategy, to plan for every conceivable contingency.

INTJs spend a lot of time inside their own minds, and may have little interest in the other people's thoughts or feelings. Unless their Feeling side is developed, they may have problems giving other people the level of intimacy that is needed. Unless their Sensing side is developed, they may have a tendency to ignore details which are necessary for implementing their ideas.

The INTJ's interest in dealing with the world is to make decisions, express judgments, and put everything that they encounter into an understandable and rational system. Consequently, they are quick to express judgments. Often they have very evolved intuitions, and are convinced that they are right about things. Unless they complement their intuitive understanding with a well-developed ability to express their insights, they may find themselves frequently misunderstood. In these cases, INTJs tend to blame misunderstandings on the limitations of the other party, rather than on their own difficulty in expressing themselves. This tendency may cause the INTJ to dismiss others input too quickly, and to become generally arrogant and elitist.

INTJs are ambitious, self-confident, deliberate, long-range thinkers. Many INTJs end up in engineering or scientific pursuits, although some find enough challenge within the business world in areas which involve organizing and strategic planning. (NOTE: This is just what I'm interested, not what I do.) They dislike messiness and inefficiency, and anything that is muddled or unclear. They value clarity and efficiency, and will put enormous amounts of energy and time into consolidating their insights into structured patterns.

Other people may have a difficult time understanding an INTJ. They may see them as aloof and reserved. Indeed, the INTJ is not overly demonstrative of their affections, and is likely to not give as much praise or positive support as others may need or desire. That doesn't mean that he or she doesn't truly have affection or regard for others, they simply do not typically feel the need to express it. Others may falsely perceive the INTJ as being rigid and set in their ways. Nothing could be further from the truth, because the INTJ is committed to always finding the objective best strategy to implement their ideas. The INTJ is usually quite open to hearing an alternative way of doing something.

When under a great deal of stress, the INTJ may become obsessed with mindless repetitive, Sensate activities, such as over-drinking. They may also tend to become absorbed with minutia and details that they would not normally consider important to their overall goal.

INTJs need to remember to express themselves sufficiently, so as to avoid difficulties with people misunderstandings. In the absence of properly developing their communication abilities, they may become abrupt and short with people, and isolationists.

INTJs have a tremendous amount of ability to accomplish great things. They have insight into the Big Picture, and are driven to synthesize their concepts into solid plans of action. Their reasoning skills gives them the means to accomplish that. INTJs are most always highly competent people, and will not have a problem meeting their career or education goals. They have the capability to make great strides in these arenas. On a personal level, the INTJ who practices tolerances and puts effort into effectively communicating their insights to others has everything in his or her power to lead a rich and rewarding life.

---

If you'd like me to do this same thing for other types, just let me know.

Alea_iacta_est

When you are stressed out, do you become emotionally weakened and vulnerable to the point of thinking the entire world is against you or do you become blunt, extremely angry, and have the urge to cry or even throw things?

Lady-Marian

When you are stressed out, do you become emotionally weakened and vulnerable to the point of thinking the entire world is against you or do you become blunt, extremely angry, and have the urge to cry or even throw things?

Oh, definitely the second one.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Second one.

Alea_iacta_est

Oh, definitely the second one.

INTJ's experience emotional vulnerability when they are stressed because they get into touch with their inferior Fi.
INFJ's experience the second one because when they are stressed, they shadow function to ESTP, which are harshly blunt when angry and can be callous. Forgot to add that they become high-strung emotionally, sorry.

Remember, these are for the majority of both types, there are a few INFJs that will act like INTJs when they get angry and a few INFJs that act like INTJs.

Last edited:

Alea_iacta_est

Second one.

INTPs kind of act like INFJs with they're angry (mainly because many male INFJs mistype as INTPs and a less but still substantial amount of INTPs mistype as INFJs.

INTPs:

Express negative emotions to others
Become very sensitive to criticism
Start become more detail oriented like INTJs rather than big picture oriented
interpreting facts and events in a more subjective way

source: http://thatintp.tumblr.com/post/20006929734/intps-under-stress

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPs kind of act like INFJs with they're angry (mainly because many male INFJs mistype as INTPs and a less but still substantial amount of INTPs mistype as INFJs.

INTPs:

Express negative emotions to others
Become very sensitive to criticism
Start become more detail oriented like INTJs rather than big picture oriented
interpreting facts and events in a more subjective way

source: http://thatintp.tumblr.com/post/20006929734/intps-under-stress

INTJs are detail-oriented?

Lady-Marian

INTJ's experience emotional vulnerability when they are stressed because they get into touch with their inferior Fi.
INFJ's experience the second one because when they are stressed, they shadow function to ESTP, which are harshly blunt when angry and can be callous. Forgot to add that they become high-strung emotionally, sorry.

Remember, these are for the majority of both types, there are a few INFJs that will act like INTJs when they get angry and a few INFJs that act like INTJs.

If you read through the entire thread, you'd see that I don't particularly trust cognitive functions, and one of the posts on the first page states that I'm correct not to. Here's a link to the post (thought it's just two pages back): http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65786&p=2179424&viewfull=1#post2179424

Alea_iacta_est

If you read through the entire thread, you'd see that I don't particularly trust cognitive functions, and one of the posts on the first page states that I'm correct not to. Here's a link to the post (thought it's just two pages back): http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65786&p=2179424&viewfull=1#post2179424

My bad again, but in any case, if you are going to type yourself in MBTI or Socionics, you are going to have to swallow the functions pill. I don't fit in to any true type because by the function scale I'm an Ni dominant with Ti acting as auxiliary, meaning I'm type-less in all honesty, so I know that cognitive functions are definitely not completely correct. If you want to find your type without mucking about in the functions, I would recommend finding your Enneagram type and then figuring out which Enneagram types translate to which MBTI types.

OR take the SLOAN test mentioned in that post and translate that from there, which I'm not sure if you have or haven't yet because I'm too lazy to read this entire thread.

UPDATE: Which you did, and scored RCOEI, which translates to INTJ

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My bad again, but in any case, if you are going to type yourself in MBTI or Socionics, you are going to have to swallow the functions pill. I don't fit in to any true type because by the function scale I'm an Ni dominant with Ti acting as auxiliary, meaning I'm type-less in all honesty, so I know that cognitive functions are definitely not completely correct. If you want to find your type without mucking about in the functions, I would recommend finding your Enneagram type and then figuring out which Enneagram types translate to which MBTI types.

OR take the SLOAN test mentioned in that post and translate that from there, which I'm not sure if you have or haven't yet because I'm too lazy to read this entire thread.

What it tells you is the JCF and MBTI do not form a 1-to-1 correspondence. They are not the same system, they are more like "kissing cousins." And in no way are they identical twins. You can't get from one or the other without destroying one of them.

Lady-Marian

UPDATE: Which you did, and scored RCOEI, which translates to INTJ

Thank you very much for your insights. At this point, honestly, I'd be okay falling under the INXJ type, but I'm always open to more ideas. I'll keep checking this thread, then.

Thank you all!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you very much for your insights. At this point, honestly, I'd be okay falling under the INXJ type, but I'm always open to more ideas. I'll keep checking this thread, then.

Thank you all!

Take my new and improved personality inventory! Available through email or PM.