• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My MBTI Personality Test

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those of you who have my personality inventory but haven't finished it, please finish and turn in for scoring. I don't know why it's taking you days or weeks, others have taken a half hour at most.

For those of you who don't know, I have created a 112-statement personality inventory to help determine your MBTI type. It's an experimental test, but I believe it is theoretically sound; whereas, I don't believe the original MBTI or JCF tests are theoretically sound.

I don't believe they work because they assume, for example, that:

1. E + N + T + P = ENTP, or
2. Ne + Ti = ENTP,
respectively.

My inventory, on the other hand, is based on traits taken from the 16 types themselves. For example, the ENTP type has a description - call it a holistic description - that is more than the sum of its parts. I believe that personalities, and people themselves, are more than the sum of their parts.

If you would like to take my personality inventory, I'm throwing it out there, but I'm keeping the scoring key to myself. The test is available through email, through facebook, or through PM on this forum (but that route makes the formatting look terrible).

Thank you.

G

Ginkgo

Those of you who have my personality test, please finish and turn in for scoring. I don't know why it's taking you days or weeks, others have taken a half hour at most.

For those of you who don't know, I have created a 112-statement personality test to help determine your MBTI type. It's an experimental test, but I believe it is theoretically sound; whereas, I don't believe the original MBTI or JCF tests are theoretically sound.

2. Ne + Ti = ENTP,
respectively.

My test isn't like that. My test is based on traits taken from the 16 types themselves. For example, the ENTP type has a description - call it a holistic description - that is more than the sum of its parts. I believe that personalities, and people themselves, are more than the sum of their parts.

If you would like to take my test, I'm throwing it out there, but I'm keeping the scoring key to myself. The test is available through email, through facebook, or through PM on this forum (but that route makes the test look terrible).

Thank you.

Go ahead and send one to me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so is an entp by your system different? or are you saying one might be an entp isfj or a ne fe ti si or a ne si fe ti or what?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so is an entp by your system different? or are you saying one might be an entp isfj or a ne fe ti si or a ne si fe ti or what?

I've either had scores come in that were fairly undifferentiated, with one high score but then there was a close second, a close third, and so on. So the high score didn't really stand out. Or I've had scores where there were two stand-out top scores and the other categories fell dramatically behind.

The test is just made that way.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so like

enfp
infp
entp

all close? and then what?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so like

enfp
infp
entp

all close? and then what?

That could happen.

In that case, the test-taker has more ENFP personality traits, and not just more, but stronger ENFP traits, than INFP and ENTP traits.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That could happen.

In that case, the test-taker has more ENFP personality traits, and not just more, but stronger ENFP traits, than INFP and ENTP traits.

right okay.

well...i'll take it if you want the data might be interesting to see a test written differently.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those of you who have my personality test, please finish and turn in for scoring. I don't know why it's taking you days or weeks, others have taken a half hour at most.

For those of you who don't know, I have created a 112-statement personality test to help determine your MBTI type. It's an experimental test, but I believe it is theoretically sound; whereas, I don't believe the original MBTI or JCF tests are theoretically sound.

2. Ne + Ti = ENTP,
respectively.

My test isn't like that. My test is based on traits taken from the 16 types themselves. For example, the ENTP type has a description - call it a holistic description - that is more than the sum of its parts. I believe that personalities, and people themselves, are more than the sum of their parts.

If you would like to take my test, I'm throwing it out there, but I'm keeping the scoring key to myself. The test is available through email, through facebook, or through PM on this forum (but that route makes the test look terrible).

Thank you.

Sure! I'll take it.

G

Ginkgo

Just gonna put this here.

ISTP 58
ENFP56
ENTP56
INFJ 54
ESFP 52
INFP 49
ISFP 45
ENFJ 42
ESTP39
INTJ 39
INTP 39
ESFJ 38
ENTJ 35
ISFJ 35
ISTJ 34
ESTJ 31

This wouldn't be the first time someone or something has hinted at me being an ISTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just gonna put this here.

ISTP 58
ENFP56
ENTP56
INFJ 54
ESFP 52
INFP 49
ISFP 45
ENFJ 42
ESTP39
INTJ 39
INTP 39
ESFJ 38
ENTJ 35
ISFJ 35
ISTJ 34
ESTJ 31

This wouldn't be the first time someone or something has hinted at me being an ISTP.

Have you taken the one-question personality test?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just did. Result: ESTP.

ESTP: "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 13% of the total population.

Really?

G

Ginkgo

ESTP: "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 13% of the total population.

Really?

That is the result. Yes. Because I like to play poker.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is the result. Yes. Because I like to play poker.

So did my dad, and he was like an ISFJ type more than anything else.

Why does this one question test have to use an indirect approach? Why not a test more like:

1. I am an outstanding leader of groups. I can be aggressive at helping others to be the best that they can be.
2. I have a strong drive and enjoy helping others, as well as a complex personality.

Wow, that last description sucks.

G

Ginkgo

So did my dad, and he was like an ISFJ type more than anything else.

Why does this one question test have to use an indirect approach? Why not a test more like:

1. I am an outstanding leader of groups. I can be aggressive at helping others to be the best that they can be.
2. I have a strong drive and enjoy helping others, as well as a complex personality.

Wow, that last description sucks.

Test makers often make tests under the assumption that test takers don't possess the self-awareness necessary to give an answer that directly pertains to personality theory. That, and if they gave the details of their theory away, then they would lose the "authority" necessary to maintain their business. In the context of MBTI, its consumers, and its practitioners, the whole ordeal looks like a joke because the foundations of MBTI theory are basically public domain; the practitioners, therefore, maintain little more than self-congratulations.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Test makers often make tests under the assumption that test takers don't possess the self-awareness necessary to give an answer that directly pertains to personality theory. That, and if they gave the details of their theory away, then they would lose the "authority" necessary to maintain their business. In the context of MBTI, its consumers, and its practitioners, the whole ordeal looks like a joke because the foundations of MBTI theory are basically public domain; the practitioners, therefore, maintain little more than self-congratulations.

It was a rhetorical question.

But perhaps the answer is, to make it more like astrology which has had centuries of success.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Those of you who have my personality inventory but haven't finished it, please finish and turn in for scoring. I don't know why it's taking you days or weeks, others have taken a half hour at most.

For those of you who don't know, I have created a 112-statement personality inventory to help determine your MBTI type. It's an experimental test, but I believe it is theoretically sound; whereas, I don't believe the original MBTI or JCF tests are theoretically sound.

2. Ne + Ti = ENTP,
respectively.

My inventory, on the other hand, is based on traits taken from the 16 types themselves. For example, the ENTP type has a description - call it a holistic description - that is more than the sum of its parts. I believe that personalities, and people themselves, are more than the sum of their parts.

If you would like to take my personality inventory, I'm throwing it out there, but I'm keeping the scoring key to myself. The test is available through email, through facebook, or through PM on this forum (but that route makes the formatting look terrible).

Thank you.
Is it too late to try it out? I'd like a look.