• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My MBTI Personality Test

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you give an example of what it means to be a catalyst between people and systems? Does that mean persuading people to adopt systems and fitting people into them? Can you try to make this test as simple and concrete as possible and just say things like you're talking to a really smart 10 year old?

Edit: Well it looks like you've already made it. But consider such revisions.

Actually, I started on that process tonight. But it takes a long time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about if you like to encourage independence in others when you're leading them but don't consider yourself a catalyst? What do you score the statement as?

There were many statements I found ambiguous because they seemed to lump so many different themes together. I kinda scored those all in-between. Now I find out that's the wrong way to do things but I'm still not sure how wrong it is ... because it seems to me there are still variations in the degree of how much I can agree with statements.

Some statements allow for more variation in degree than others. But then, maybe that's just how I would answer those. I can't speak for everybody.

Perhaps the instructions should be clearer. I'm responding to every participant here. The instructions indicate that one must take an entire statement all together, as with a two-part statement containing the word "and." Obviously this is not going to be a disjunctive type of statement, or a combination of proposition types such as "and/or." AND means AND, it doesn't mean OR and it doesn't mean AND/OR.

So one is either going to disagree with the statement entirely and score it a 0, or agree with the entire statement to some degree.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you give an example of what it means to be a catalyst between people and systems? Does that mean persuading people to adopt systems and fitting people into them? Can you try to make this test as simple and concrete as possible and just say things like you're talking to a really smart 10 year old?

Edit: Well it looks like you've already made it. But consider such revisions.

A catalyst like oxygen makes fire possible. So the catalyst in an organization is a metaphor for that individual or group who makes people and systems work together in order to produce something greater than their sum.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd like to take it... don't see a link, so are you sending it individually?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A catalyst like oxygen makes fire possible. So the catalyst in an organization is a metaphor for that individual or group who makes people and systems work together in order to produce something greater than their sum.
Thanks for the explanation, but it's still a bit vague.

I figured, but what's a concrete example of this?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the explanation, but it's still a bit vague.

I figured, but what's a concrete example of this?

The QA department at my job, which enforces compliance with the rules.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The QA department at my job, which enforces compliance with the rules.

I see. Fitting people and systems to each other.

My answer would be a resounding no.

I serve as a catalyst for fitting together meta-systems and systems of ideas.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see. Fitting people and systems to each other.

My answer would be a resounding no.

I serve as a catalyst for fitting together meta-systems and systems of ideas.

What else are you a catalyst for?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you read the directions, and read the OP, the inventory is actually quite easy, not at all daunting as it seems at first glance.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ 53
ENFP44
ENTP41
INTP 38
ENTJ 34
INFP 34
ISTP 33
INTJ 32
ENFJ 31
ESTJ 28
ISFJ 28
ISFP 22
ESTP21
ESFP 19
ESFJ 15
ISTJ 9

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Send it to me

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP 61
ENTP 35
ISTP 31
ESTP 26
ESFJ 24
INFJ 24
ISFJ 22
INFP 21
ENFP 15
ISTJ 12
ESTJ 10
ESFP 9
INTJ 8
ENTJ 5
ENFJ 4
ISFP 2

I put in a lot of zeroes, mainly because if the statement doesn't fit me, then it DOESN'T fit at all.

Can you PM me the directions? I didn't get them with the quiz itself.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To everybody who took or might take this inventory:

It's very important to your results that you read and understand the rules for taking the test. For example, here is the right and wrong way to evaluate one of the statements:

"As a leader, I encourage independence in my followers and act as a catalyst between people and systems."

Hmmm, well, I like to encourage independence in others, but I wouldn't consider them my "followers." And "catalyst"? I don't think so. I agree with 1/3 of this statement so I'll give it a 3.

WRONG.

Here's the right way to go about it:

I like to encourage independence in others; however, I don't see them as "followers" and this "catalyst" stuff to me is cockamamie bullshit. Therefore, I'll score it 0.

CORRECT!

Ooooh.... what's the point of having a number scale then?
If this is the case, I'd check zero on most options & 10 on almost none. That would leave me with relating to nothing... :D

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ooooh.... what's the point of having a number scale then?
If this is the case, I'd check zero on most options & 10 on almost none. That would leave me with relating to nothing... :D

If the entire statement doesn't fit, then score it a 0. If it does fit to a degree, then a number from 1 - 10 indicates the degree. But it has to include the entire statement.