• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My MBTI Personality Test

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've either had scores come in that were fairly undifferentiated, with one high score but then there was a close second, a close third, and so on. So the high score didn't really stand out. Or I've had scores where there were two stand-out top scores and the other categories fell dramatically behind.

The test is just made that way.
What in a test taker would you theorize causes one scenario or another (gradient of close scores vs. one or two standouts)?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What in a test taker would you theorize causes one scenario or another (gradient of close scores vs. one or two standouts)?

Powerful personality influences in one's environment, such as a parent or sibling, may lead to standout scores.

There are distinct patterns caused by avoiding the extremes while taking the inventory; or, scoring toward the extremes at the top of the test, after which the test-taker's mind begins to relax into the experience.

ISTP 50
ESTP 44
INFP 44
ENFP 43
ENTP 43
ISFP 40
INFJ 39
INTP 38
ESTJ 36
ISFJ 36
ESFJ 35
ESFP 35
ISTJ 35
ENFJ 31
INTJ 30
ENTJ 27

I win everything.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm fairly confident in the finality of my search for my type, but I'd be willing to take it, just out of curiosity and in the interest of adding more data points :)

G

garbage

For kicks, I plugged it into a bar chart so I could see how closely the types were scored.
1GPSdsb.png

I also enjoyed the test; seems like you put a lot of thought into it. The results are also believable.

Also,
My inventory, on the other hand, is based on traits taken from the 16 types themselves. For example, the ENTP type has a description - call it a holistic description - that is more than the sum of its parts. I believe that personalities, and people themselves, are more than the sum of their parts.
thank God that someone recognizes this. We need more of this sort of approach.

I'm curious about the inner-workings of the test, and I hope you can make those public sometime--even if it's way down the line after it's out of the experimental phase.

For comparison purposes -- on JCF tests, I tend to score highest on both Nx~Fe types (ENTP and INFJ), and I relate to most ENTP, ENFJ, INFJ, and to a lesser extent ENTJ descriptions. And...
It might also be fun to take this test, afterward, just for comparison purposes.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...57373-one-question-mbti-personality-test.html
This time around, I got ENTP.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know I'm interested in every single test out there. :) I might have taken it already...

I

Infinite Bubble

[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION], can you send me it too please?

B

brainheart

My results:

INFP 55
INFJ 48
ENTP 38
ISTP 38
ENFP 35
INTJ 33
INTP 31
ISFP 28
ESFP 20
ESFJ 19
ESTP 17
ENFJ 16
ESTJ 16
ISFJ 12
ISTJ 9
ENTJ 8

I can see the reason for the order of my top four. I definitely have an ENTP and ISTP side to me as well. I call it my 'Mythbusters loving' side-

Also, on that other MBTI test you posted, my order of preference goes ISTP, ISFP, INFP, INFJ, ENTP. If I were to rephrase their question to, "What are you most likely to do," INFP and INFJ would be the top two.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know I'm interested in every single test out there. :) I might have taken it already...

I gave you 1/4 of the entire test, back when I was just sampling parts of it here and there.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
ISTP 52
INFP 51
ENTP 43
ISTJ 43
ENFJ 36
INFJ 36
ENFP 35
INTJ 34
ESFJ 33
ISFP 31
ESTJ 30
INTP 28
ESFP 26
ESTP 25
ISFJ 25
ENTJ 9

W

WALMART

ENTP 55
INFJ 54
ENFP 51
INFP 50
ISTP 46
INTJ 45
INTP 45
ENTJ 44
ESFJ 43
ESFP 43
ENFJ 41
ESTP 39
ISTJ 36
ISFJ 34
ISFP 34
ESTJ 29

I

Infinite Bubble

Forgot to put this on here before. I'm not actually surprised by the results, INFJ was what I first self-typed as. It seems accurate enough, although the order is odd in places. ESFJ is strangely high up compared to the other SJs, but other than that it's reasonable.

INFJ 57
INFP 54
ENTP 53
ENTJ 51
INTJ 47
ISTP 47
INTP 45
ESFJ 42
ENFJ 40
ENFP 38
ESTP 38
ESTJ 37
ISFJ 36
ISTJ 33
ISFP 32
ESFP 31

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To everybody who took or might take this inventory:

It's very important to your results that you read and understand the rules for taking the test. For example, here is the right and wrong way to evaluate one of the statements:

"As a leader, I encourage independence in my followers and act as a catalyst between people and systems."

Hmmm, well, I like to encourage independence in others, but I wouldn't consider them my "followers." And "catalyst"? I don't think so. I agree with 1/3 of this statement so I'll give it a 3.

WRONG.

Here's the right way to go about it:

I like to encourage independence in others; however, I don't see them as "followers" and this "catalyst" stuff to me is cockamamie bullshit. Therefore, I'll score it 0.

CORRECT!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP 58
INFP 57
INFJ 56
ISFP 55
ESFP 49
ENFJ 48
ISTP 48
INTJ 47
ENTP 45
ESFJ 43
ESTP 41
INTP 36
ENTJ 34
ESTJ 28
ISFJ 27
ISTJ 26

Id consider this pretty accurate :)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It's very important to your results that you read and understand the rules for taking the test. For example, here is the right and wrong way to evaluate one of the statements:

"As a leader, I encourage independence in my followers and act as a catalyst between people and systems."

Hmmm, well, I like to encourage independence in others, but I wouldn't consider them my "followers." And "catalyst"? I don't think so. I agree with 1/3 of this statement so I'll give it a 3.

WRONG.

I like to encourage independence in others; however, I don't see them as "followers" and this "catalyst" stuff to me is cockamamie bullshit. Therefore, I'll score it 0.

CORRECT!
Can you give an example of what it means to be a catalyst between people and systems? Does that mean persuading people to adopt systems and fitting people into them? Can you try to make this test as simple and concrete as possible and just say things like you're talking to a really smart 10 year old?

Edit: Well it looks like you've already made it. But consider such revisions.

WRONG.

CORRECT!

What about if you like to encourage independence in others when you're leading them but don't consider yourself a catalyst? What do you score the statement as?

There were many statements I found ambiguous because they seemed to lump so many different themes together. I kinda scored those all in-between. Now I find out that's the wrong way to do things but I'm still not sure how wrong it is ... because it seems to me there are still variations in the degree of how much I can agree with statements.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

WRONG.

CORRECT!
Someone who would go at it like this the first time is probably solid in their type and doesn't need no stinkin' tests.