User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S or N

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Is it really possible to have no preference between S and? Because I test with a 1% preference for S, but I'm really not sure what I am. I keep seeing that ESFJs apparently blindly follow social conventions, which is not me... In actuality, I probably do follow a lot of social conventions, but not blindly. I over think pretty much everything.

I'm very practical and down to earth and generally look at the big picture. However, I am also constantly planning for the future and trying to solve problems. I spend a lot of time ruminating on future possibilities, as well as things that have happened in the past.

So, basically, I would like some help. Opinions? Questions? I'm pretty open to sharing just about anything.

Is it really possible for me to have no preference? Or am I just an S with anxiety?
    Yes it's possible to have little preference on any item.

I'm going to list you as N because you said the word "open"

Moving to the BVI Array highlander's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Is it really possible to have no preference between S and? Because I test with a 1% preference for S, but I'm really not sure what I am. I keep seeing that ESFJs apparently blindly follow social conventions, which is not me... In actuality, I probably do follow a lot of social conventions, but not blindly. I over think pretty much everything.

I'm very practical and down to earth and generally look at the big picture. However, I am also constantly planning for the future and trying to solve problems. I spend a lot of time ruminating on future possibilities, as well as things that have happened in the past.

So, basically, I would like some help. Opinions? Questions? I'm pretty open to sharing just about anything.

Is it really possible for me to have no preference? Or am I just an S with anxiety?
    What test?

The theory would say that you are one or the other. My guess is that you just haven't figured out your type yet. Ss and Ns are much different from each other than would appear on the surface.

An ENFJ would have a cognitive function order of Fe>Ni>Se>Ti.

An ESFJ would have a cognitive function order of Fe>Si>Ne>Ti.

Those two types share Fe as a dominant function and correspondingly, Ti as an inferior function (because if you have the same dominant function, you always have the same inferior function).

Outside of that, Ni and Se are completely and wholly different than Si and Ne.

So if you want to try and figure it out, other than with a good test like MBTI Step 2, I would read the function descriptions for Ni vs. Si and Se vs. Ne to see which you prefer.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

You are totally an ESFJ. They are very Ne - it's tertiary. (My tertiary/Te is very strong. It is not like you don't use it.)
    Ni is so different. I know a lot of ESFJs and ENFJs. You sound ESFJ to me.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    You are totally an ESFJ. They are very Ne - it's tertiary. (My tertiary/Te is very strong. It is not like you don't use it.)
    Ni is so different. I know a lot of ESFJs and ENFJs. You sound ESFJ to me.
    Yeah? How so? I might just be in a funky mood tonight. Feeling very overwhelmed.
    “We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.” - Leslie Knope

"Nothing lasts forever, some things aren't meant to be. But you'll never find the answers 'til you set your old heart free."

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I'm very practical and down to earth and generally look at the big picture.
    Seems like you have no preference, if you have qualities of both. It's like being intersexual, I guess.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Yeah? How so? I might just be in a funky mood tonight. Feeling very overwhelmed.
    It's true that you could sort of be on the fence - I see that from time to time, people are sort of a hybrid of two types.
    But this part screamed ESFJ (Ne) to me more than ENFJ (Ni):

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Infinite Bubble

Sensing is focusing on tangible data.
    Intuition is focusing on connections provide by data.

I can give examples of how each perceiving function might work within the context of a staircase (the context is arbitrary, it could be anything.):

Se (not literally said out loud, just mentally taken note of or felt): This staircase is a light brown colour, appears to be made of oak. It is smooth to the feet and not particularly warm of cold.

Si (I imagine this is how an ISTJ might be - Si-Fi): I remember back in my old house, I had this horrible staircase - the carpet on it was an ugly beige colour and extremely rough on the soles when walking on it. It was also uncomfortably steep with narrow steps, which made it awkward to walk up as well.

Ne: I wonder what's at the top of this staircase. Maybe we'll get a good view of the surrounding area, or maybe it'll lead to a doorway. Who knows what's there, let's climb it and find out.

Ni: The concept of the staircase can be represented as meaning the growth and hindrances that life offers us - at some points we may be galloping up it at such a pace that nothing can stop us, and at other times, take a misstep and tumble to the bottom once more.

Which thought process do you relate to most, if you can tell?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Probably Si because it's related to a memory. Then the Ne, because I really like metaphors. So, I'm thinking I'm and ESFJ with a strong Ne?
    “We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.” - Leslie Knope

"Nothing lasts forever, some things aren't meant to be. But you'll never find the answers 'til you set your old heart free."

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

The force is strong with this one.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    The force is strong with this one.

The force, huh?

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*