• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm unsure about what my type is.. Can you type me?

Senka

MBTI Type
IXXX
:hi:

I'm new to this and still not sure about it.
I just want to find out what type I'm more likely to be based on people's opinions and all. I took some tests but results made me quite unsure. I only know that I'm an introvert but not really sure for the rest.
I can't find a questionnaire here or something like that, so I guess I'll just write how I'm described.

- I'm a pretty messy person. My desk and stuffs are usually unorganized. I make timetables but I don't follow them most of the time. It's pretty useless most of the time.
- Speaking of time, I usually space out and be unaware of the time. I sometimes get late.
- I'm also usually unaware of my surroundings and quite forgetful of small stuffs like keys, pens, etc. Not sure if this helps. I get distracted a lot too.
- I suck at memorizing names. I usually just remember people's faces.
- I also have a lot unfinished stuffs like drawings. I do finish some but usually I don't. I try to hard to finish it but I just don't feel that interested. I get bored easily when I lost interest, obviously. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist. When I don't like how it looks because of some flaw, I throw it away, never finishing it then make a new one. Yeah, so many unfinished stuffs.
- When deciding, It takes a lot of time for me to make a final decision. I usually check the pros and cons, effectiveness, how will it affect me, then ask for other people's suggestions and opinions.
- When I really made the final decision, I don't really like changing it that much, but it's still a bit open.
- Some people tell me that I'm quite intelligent but I just procrastinate a lot.
- I can be a show off sometimes. Showing off my abilities and what I know.
- My friends say that I'm usually nice, but not when asked about my opinion on some certain things because I tend to answer directly and sometimes brutally. I can sometimes be described as insensitive. I actually got a lot of lecture from my dad because of it.
- I'm good at taking criticisms. I don't really take "shallow insults" way too seriously.
- I'm not good at dealing with emotional stuffs. Like I find it really hard to deal with a crying person. It's like I can't talk when someone is crying so I just give them my shoulder sometimes.
- I'm a bit bossy sometimes. I hate being bossed around though. Is that bad?
- I also kinda suck at adapting to major changes sometimes. It can stress me. When I'm stressed, I tend to go into outbursts.

This is quite a lot but you can ask me questions. I really just want to know what my type is based on other's opinions.
:(

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was a bit thinking about this, but there is nothing in the post, that would suggest strong value orientation.

I would have to ask her some questions. It's just that I've read so many similar self-descriptions here of INFPs.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would agree more on INFP.

Senka

MBTI Type
IXXX
About seeking perfection and stuff like that.

Oh.
Perfection is usually defined as state of being flawless, right? I know being flawless is not really achievable. What I really want is my work to reach the set standards and expectations.. It's doesn't really have to be flawless but it has to be right. I guess what I'm really seeking is satisfaction with my work?

I don't even know what I'm saying and what's the question. I'm not really good at this language. :D

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh.
Perfection is usually defined as state of being flawless, right? I know being flawless is not really achievable. What I really want is my work to reach the set standards and expectations.. It's doesn't really have to be flawless but it has to be right. I guess what I'm really seeking is satisfaction with my work?

I don't even know what I'm saying and what's the question. I'm not really good at this language. :D

The INFP type can't conceptualize its needs and values in words. Fi has its own subjective logic that is expressed in deeds rather than words.

Senka

MBTI Type
IXXX
The INFP type can't conceptualize its needs and values in words. Fi has its own subjective logic that is expressed in deeds rather than words.

So does this mean that I have an Fi function?

Anyways, are there other questions?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So does this mean that I have an Fi function?

Anyways, are there other questions?

I think you're an INFP with Fi-dom.

I have gathered together seven statements that most INFP's should agree with, such as:
"In school, I learn best in flexible situations where the teacher takes a personal interest in me."

Senka

MBTI Type
IXXX
I think you're an INFP with Fi-dom.

I have gathered together seven statements that most INFP's should agree with, such as:
"In school, I learn best in flexible situations where the teacher takes a personal interest in me."

I can't really relate with that. I don't even know my teacher's names most of the time, and for those I know, I don't usually mind if they're interested in me or not.

taylord

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well based on what I've heard you're definitely an introvert (you keep your desk messy, classic introvert move, it keeps them away from people) and definitely a perceiving one (you don't particularly care if things are finished and settled). Other than that I'm not exactly sure. I'll ask the standard questions: 1) when making up your mind about something, do you primarily rely on logic and structure, or do you gravitate towards emotion and empathy? 2) When taking in something new, do you prefer to take it simply, at face value or interpret / add meaning based on your gut?

Have you taken any of the tests before?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
keeping your desk messy - it keeps someone away from people? Seriously this it the most creapy argument I've ever heard and it has nothing to do with introversion, but Je vs Ji. Introverted judging types are more prone to don't bother about the external mess around them, than extroverted judging types, which care about the external order. This actually points out that [MENTION=19981]Senka[/MENTION] has to be Ti, or Fi. Even though Mal+ seems to get it to this Fi mode, I still think you're more Ti. How do you feel about problem solving? Do you like getting into core of problems? Do you like to analyze? Do you like using your own judgements? Are you interested in how things work?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't really relate with that. I don't even know my teacher's names most of the time, and for those I know, I don't usually mind if they're interested in me or not.

Let's say that you're not the INFP I thought. Let's try this statement (without giving away the type it describes) -

I tend to become attracted to a special “someone,” and I prefer one deep relationship over many superficial ones.

Senka

MBTI Type
IXXX
Well based on what I've heard you're definitely an introvert (you keep your desk messy, classic introvert move, it keeps them away from people) and definitely a perceiving one (you don't particularly care if things are finished and settled). Other than that I'm not exactly sure. I'll ask the standard questions: 1) when making up your mind about something, do you primarily rely on logic and structure, or do you gravitate towards emotion and empathy? 2) When taking in something new, do you prefer to take it simply, at face value or interpret / add meaning based on your gut?

My stuffs are usually messy because no matter how I organize it, it will just be messy sooner or later so why still organize it?

1) I guess I've answered this here somewhere. When making up my mind or deciding, I tend to rely more on logic. I do ask others for an opinion but in the end, I'd go with the more reasonable choice.
2) I take it slowly. Sometimes looking through it to see if it will be useful or not.

Have you taken any of the tests before?

Yes, I took a couple of tests.

How do you feel about problem solving?

I find it fun.
Except in math, I don't really like math problems sometimes.

Do you like getting into core of problems? Do you like to analyze? Do you like using your own judgments? Are you interested in how things work?

Yes, Some reasons why I took a science major. I'm not just interested in learning how things work, I'm also kinda interested in what can I do with those things.
I quit'd continuing my major for a while though. I didn't like the new and annoying system of our university, but I still plan on continuing in some other place.

I tend to become attracted to a special “someone,” and I prefer one deep relationship over many superficial ones.

I do find some people interesting, but I don't really get attracted to someone.. yet.
About the relationships, I'm not quite sure which one. I'm not even sure if I will even want one. Maybe someday, I guess.

OTL