User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 42

  1. #21
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,027

    Default

    Oh, I'm sure that would work well.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    You're not "a type." Your personality consists of a lot of different traits from various "types." If you happen to have more traits from one "type" than all the others, then that becomes your "type."
    And what type would that be? (Keeping my mind open here)

  3. #23
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephsharik View Post
    And what type would that be? (Keeping my mind open here)
    Whatever type you score highest on when you take my mbti inventory.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Whatever type you score highest on when you take my mbti inventory.
    I know you are going somewhere with this...where can I take your mbti inventory?

  5. #25
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephsharik View Post
    I know you are going somewhere with this...where can I take your mbti inventory?
    Wait for it...
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #26
    Senior Member reckful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    559

    Default

    I expect I'll probably do a follow-up post with some supplemental specific reactions ("showing my work," if you will), but here's my overall take at this point and some further links for you (if you're interested).

    EJs are the most domineering types, and you're not an EJ. Hence (in part) your "haha" reaction to the ENTJ profiles.

    EFs are the most social/gregarious types, and you're not an EF.

    And I'd say your N's clear enough.

    So... that means there's only one E type that I'd consider a possibility for you, and that's ENTP.

    Buut... I'd also say that the fact that there's only one extraverted type that strikes me as a possibility, as compared to three or four introverted types, is a pretty good indicator that you're probably an introvert (albeit, quite possibly, a mild introvert).

    You also sound significantly more like a P to me, so I see INTP and INFP as the most likely types. I kind of want to say that, if you're a J, INFJ seems more likely to me than INTJ, which would be at least a slight indication (as I see it) that INFP is maybe more likely than INTP — but, meh, maybe I should be viewing INFJ and INTJ as equally likely (to each other, I mean; not equally likely as compared to the IN_P types).

    Just looking at INTP and INFP, I maybe feel like INTP is a somewhat better fit than INFP, but it might be better to say I'm just on the fence between those two at this point.

    Here are two INTP profile items that you put in the "Not Me" category:

    • INTPs are not overly demanding in personal relationships, and have simple daily needs. They are often easy and enjoyable to live with.
    • INTPs value knowledge above all else.

    Can you elaborate on the reasons those ended up in the Not Me pile?

    My first post included profile roundups for the four NT types, and the spoiler at the end of this post has roundups of INFP and INFJ profiles. I'd be particularly interested to hear how you react to the INFP profiles.

    If you want a boatload of input from me on T/F (and especially INT vs. INF), you'll find it in these four posts (all from an ongoing PerC type-me thread) and the posts they link to:


    As always, please only read any of the linked posts to the extent that you're otherwise inclined to do so for your own reasons. When I say "boatload," I mean metric ass ton.

    As a final note: I previously mentioned that Jung himself said he thought more people were essentially in the middle on E/I than were significantly extraverted or introverted, and that Myers allowed for the possibility of middleness on all four MBTI dimensions. I'm of the view that there's nothing necessarily wrong with an INxP label. It doesn't have to mean you're either INTP or INFP but you just can't figure it out. You may in fact be in the middle — or sufficiently close to the middle that INxP is arguably at least as accurate a label as either INTP or INFP would be.


  7. #27
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephsharik View Post
    I have done a lot of reading on these types. I mostly see myself as an INTJ or an ENTP, but any of these three can represent me fairly accurately. Is it possible to fit more than one type? Or to fit no type?
    1. You're asking for help.
    2. You don't have a good idea about who you are.

    Clearly, ENTP.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    1. You're asking for help.
    2. You don't have a good idea about who you are.

    Clearly, ENTP.
    Does it matter that I am asking for help because I am simply too lazy to invest the time and energy into researching it myself? (Though I did research for two days before joining this forum)

    And you can disagree with me if you want, but I do have a very good idea about who I am. I could write you a college level essay about my self-analysis.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    I expect I'll probably do a follow-up post with some supplemental specific reactions ("showing my work," if you will), but here's my overall take at this point and some further links for you (if you're interested).

    EJs are the most domineering types, and you're not an EJ. Hence (in part) your "haha" reaction to the ENTJ profiles.

    EFs are the most social/gregarious types, and you're not an EF.

    And I'd say your N's clear enough.

    So... that means there's only one E type that I'd consider a possibility for you, and that's ENTP.

    Buut... I'd also say that the fact that there's only one extraverted type that strikes me as a possibility, as compared to three or four introverted types, is a pretty good indicator that you're probably an introvert (albeit, quite possibly, a mild introvert).

    You also sound significantly more like a P to me, so I see INTP and INFP as the most likely types. I kind of want to say that, if you're a J, INFJ seems more likely to me than INTJ, which would be at least a slight indication (as I see it) that INFP is maybe more likely than INTP — but, meh, maybe I should be viewing INFJ and INTJ as equally likely (to each other, I mean; not equally likely as compared to the IN_P types).

    Just looking at INTP and INFP, I maybe feel like INTP is a somewhat better fit than INFP, but it might be better to say I'm just on the fence between those two at this point.

    Here are two INTP profile items that you put in the "Not Me" category:

    • INTPs are not overly demanding in personal relationships, and have simple daily needs. They are often easy and enjoyable to live with.
    • INTPs value knowledge above all else.

    Can you elaborate on the reasons those ended up in the Not Me pile?

    My first post included profile roundups for the four NT types, and the spoiler at the end of this post has roundups of INFP and INFJ profiles. I'd be particularly interested to hear how you react to the INFP profiles.

    If you want a boatload of input from me on T/F (and especially INT vs. INF), you'll find it in these four posts (all from an ongoing PerC type-me thread) and the posts they link to:


    As always, please only read any of the linked posts to the extent that you're otherwise inclined to do so for your own reasons. When I say "boatload," I mean metric ass ton.

    As a final note: I previously mentioned that Jung himself said he thought more people were essentially in the middle on E/I than were significantly extraverted or introverted, and that Myers allowed for the possibility of middleness on all four MBTI dimensions. I'm of the view that there's nothing necessarily wrong with an INxP label. It doesn't have to mean you're either INTP or INFP but you just can't figure it out. You may in fact be in the middle — or sufficiently close to the middle that INxP is arguably at least as accurate a label as either INTP or INFP would be.


    Something interesting my sister told me: She said that I am an introvert who has learned how to be an extrovert. Not sure what the implications of such a statement would be.

    To answer your question about my Not Me pile:
    While I mostly do have simple daily needs, I am moderately demanding in relationships, and I am not easy to live with.
    I value knowledge. I respect intelligent people and enjoy interacting with them when they stimulate my mind as well. However, I don't have too much difficulty connecting with people that society has deemed "unintelligent", and I value all of my connections with people, no matter who they are.
    I value wisdom much more than I value knowledge.

    As for your links and supplemental info, thanks! I love to read and learn more, but I have difficulty following and understanding the information because of my lack of contextual knowledge. If I had more than layman's lingo at my disposal I might have been much more enriched by the boatload of information.
    But keep it coming, I am starting to catch on.

  10. #30
    Senior Member reckful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephsharik View Post
    Something interesting my sister told me: She said that I am an introvert who has learned how to be an extrovert. Not sure what the implications of such a statement would be.
    Well, temperament is not behavior, although it certainly influences behavior. I'd say the most obvious possible interpretation of your sister's statement is that you're an introvert at the gut (temperament) level, but you've learned how to "act like an extravert" in situations where that's appropriate or advantageous.

    Quote Originally Posted by stephsharik View Post
    To answer your question about my Not Me pile:
    While I mostly do have simple daily needs, I am moderately demanding in relationships, and I am not easy to live with.
    I value knowledge. I respect intelligent people and enjoy interacting with them when they stimulate my mind as well. However, I don't have too much difficulty connecting with people that society has deemed "unintelligent", and I value all of my connections with people, no matter who they are.
    I value wisdom much more than I value knowledge.
    Well, those responses are a little on the terse side.

    If you have a tendency to be the more demanding party in personal relationships, rather than tending to be the party who's less attentive to the relationship than your partner would like, I'd say that would be substantially more characteristic of a male (especially) INF than a male INT.

    Putting "knowledge" in your Not Me pile on the grounds that you "value wisdom much more" than you value "knowledge" has a bit of an NF flavor.

    Quote Originally Posted by stephsharik View Post
    As for your links and supplemental info, thanks! I love to read and learn more, but I have difficulty following and understanding the information because of my lack of contextual knowledge. If I had more than layman's lingo at my disposal I might have been much more enriched by the boatload of information.
    But keep it coming, I am starting to catch on.
    To the extent that you dip into any of my T/F posts, I'd be curious to hear if anything in those makes you lean significantly T or F.

Similar Threads

  1. Type this person. INTJ, INTP, or ENTP?
    By Babybop in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-21-2016, 02:36 AM
  2. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 09:56 PM
  3. Can't discern if I am an INTP or ENTP
    By hacbad macbar in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 09:36 AM
  4. [NT] Am I an INTP or ENTP?
    By greywolf29 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 04:19 PM
  5. Am I an INTP or an ENTP?
    By Triglav in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO