User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 79

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Thanks. This goes along with my first impression. Considering I just retyped myself, however, you might want to be a little skeptical of what I'm saying. But I'm getting it from reading Carl Jung, so that's something.

    I think you're probably an ISFJ. How you described your internal world reminds me of what I've read/heard introverted sensing to be like- kind of fuzzy and a place to be comforted when the outer world is bothering you. Also, the fact that you change your mind a lot and don't necessarily have strong opinions on a lot of things leans toward you being a dominant perceiver.

    As far as the extroverted feeling component goes, many of your values seem to be a result of external reactions. I think people who are extroverted feelers are more likely to 'do what is expected' for the sake of harmonious relations. I think this comes naturally to dominant extroverted feelers- it's who they are. I think when it's an auxiliary function, however, it is more of an adaptive measure. I think an introverted perceiver can use it, in a sense, to keep relationships flowing smoothly so the inner world can remain their own. Because it's 'playing nice' and going along with what's expected, people don't really get to see the real you. For this reason I think, when used as a defensive measure vs in a good way, behaving this way can make you resentful towards others, and can make you think up little vindictive fantasies against others who have wronged you. When it's used in a good way it's a sign that you respect the needs of others and treat them how you would like to be treated.

    I hope that isn't too hard to understand. I think your English is quite good, by the way
    oh okay, I also thought about being ISFJ for a long time but what's making me sceptical is that ISFJ should make up like 14% of the population and I just feel so misunderstood all of the time, there's nobody who really understands me, so I think I never met someone the same type as me.
    I never found a good explanation of Si that was the main problem, and somehow I identify with every introverted function..

  2. #32
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lume View Post
    school is very important to me, like keeping up and having good grades, it's just perfectionism. Then what's important to me is to keep to the rules, like being punctual, behaving well, things like that. For example if I notice that friends of mine are doing bad things (like stealing) I would distance myself from such people, because that's an important value for me. And that's generally important to me, behaving well, being good ...

    if I think at normal school discussions the topics don't really interest me. For example we had an discussion about feminism today and ok yes it's important and so on but I don't think people should stress so much about such things, because a few people went crazy or something. Or a friend of mine is always fighting with people about things where I would say it's really useless to discuss about that.

    I just care about "myself" like things I could improve or something, and I care about people if I really like them.
    ISFJ 9w1

  3. #33
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lume View Post
    oh okay, I also thought about being ISFJ for a long time but what's making me sceptical is that ISFJ should make up like 14% of the population and I just feel so misunderstood all of the time, there's nobody who really understands me, so I think I never met someone the same type as me.
    I never found a good explanation of Si that was the main problem, and somehow I identify with every introverted function..
    Oh Jung said Si doms can be raving lunatics ..not that you are...but Si is very subjective and most common MBTI interpretation of ISxJs glosses over the very internal subjective nature of Si.

    Some of the things you say in this thread are EERILY like an Si dom e9 male I know. Other things that confirm Si for me is the constant feelings of deja vu (been here before) and that your thought processes go in a line, one thing just linking to the next.

    Read Jung Classics in the History of Psychology, you can Google it and scroll down to the introverted sensation type...I would post it for you but I am on my phone.

  4. #34
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lume View Post
    no ploblem haha thank you for trying to figure out my type


    I' doing this because that's just what I've ever done, like when I was a child I had to think of so many things that my mother should have thought of, I had to "stand on my own feet" really early because I just felt that my mother wasn't able to do so, she often forgot my doctor's appointments or something and I had to think of things like that. And getting up for school was also my part because my mother didn't woke me most of the time. And in the first and secound years of school I was always late, in the 3rd grade I was late on the first day and I just remember my teacher, she was sooo angry at me and I felt so bad. So this was the day I was really scared to be late, I was like 7 or something if that's important, so since that experience I'm overly punctual.

    And I'm also so sensitive, I feel guilty a lot because I just can't stand knowing someone's angry at me.
    Behaving well and following all rules was just like finding security for me, as I said it started when I was 4 or 5 years old I guess, I felt safe in this system (rules and laws) so this behavior just stayed.

    And it's also so much easier to behave well because nobodys angry then and nobody stresses me. And as I said I feel guilt so easily.

    I'm sorry,my english isn't so good, I hope you get what I mean
    This to me also sounds like SJ child. Worrying over your mother and perceived lack of responsibility, so you picked up the slack and found security in rules and laws.

    I know at least two adult SJs who feel like they were more of an adult in some ways as a child than a P parent.

  5. #35
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lume View Post
    I'm into this mbti thing for a year now and I really can't tell which type I am. I first looked into letters and it made not much sense. But the functions didn't make sense either. What I'm pretty sure about is that I'm an introvert and probably a feeler, but I can't tell if I'm ISFP, ISFJ, INFP or INFJ. I'm not sure what to say so I'll just list things about me
    -I'm hypersensitive, easily hurt or feeling criticized and I'm defensive then.
    -I'm appearing cold, distant and withdrawn.
    -I don't feel like I fit in, and I never felt so, I have like 3 friends which I really like, I just don't get along with people because they're making me feel anxious or they're annoying me - this combination is a bit weird maybe
    -I often worry a lot
    -I'm not easy to get along with because I keep my distance, it's like I want to get along with people but whenever I get to know someone they're becoming really clingy.
    -Some people would say that I'm quite intelligent, and a friend of mine who also knows a bit about mbti said that I'm really not a sensor, but I'm not sure, maybe I'm a intelligent sensor?
    -I tend to zone out and daydream a lot, my thoughts are floating away in nearly every situation and I'm easily distracted
    -But I don't have a vision of change or something, ugh no really not.
    -I would never ever like to work with people in my future (like a nurse or something)
    -I'm a singer and I'm playing guitar
    -I often have a deja-vu like feeling
    -I'm moody as fuck
    -I don't like to show my emotions but if you know me you can tell exactly how I feel just by looking at me.
    I'm not sure whether I'm using Ni, Si or Fi as first function nor what my secound function could be, I have no clue, please help me.
    you seem like some sort of Fi/Te introvert, so I could see INFP, ISFP, ISTJ or INTJ (too moody and passionate to be Ti dom, not people-centric enough to be Fe aux)

    as for enneagram, you seem like some combination of 4w5, 6w5 and 1w9 Sp/Sx (you seem more Sp so far, but I'll consider Sx dom)
    either way, I do not see 2w1 from this. not at all

    no ploblem haha thank you for trying to figure out my type
    I' doing this because that's just what I've ever done, like when I was a child I had to think of so many things that my mother should have thought of, I had to "stand on my own feet" really early cause I just felt that my mother wasn't able to do so, she often forgot my doctor's appointments or something and I had to think of things like that. And getting up for school was also my part because my mother didn't woke me most of the time. And in the first and second years of school I was always late, in the 3rd grade I was late on the first day and I just remember my teacher, she was sooo angry at me and I felt so bad. So this was the day I was really scared to be late, I was like 7 or something if that's important, so since that experience I'm overly punctual.
    And I'm also so sensitive, I feel guilty a lot because I just can't stand knowing someone's angry at me.
    Behaving well and following all rules was just like finding security for me, as I said it started when I was 4 or 5 years old I guess, I felt safe in this system (rules and laws) so this behavior just stayed.
    And it's also so much easier to behave well because nobodys angry then and nobody stresses me. And as I said I feel guilt so easily.
    I'm sorry,my english isn't so good, I hope you get what I mean
    Sp dom still sounds about right

    @Marmotini
    I don't necessarily think it's SJ. mostly J in general with a strong Sp leanings and a strong connection to 6 and or 1
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #36
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    I've reopened the possibility of IxFJ. my thoughts after skimming some more of your posts
    MBTI: I??FJ (probably IxTJ)
    core Enneagram type: *6w5 or 9w1
    gut fix: *9w1 or 1w9
    head fix: 6w5
    heart fix: 4w5
    Instinctual Variant: *Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp
    *most likely
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #37
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    She could be ISTJ. She is not an IxFP. What torture and misery for a little Fi dom to find security in laws and rules. I don't think so. Her focus on being well behaved is too structured.

    I also believe her when she says she has no grand vision, and mostly cares about things that immediately concern her and people she knows, and her fantasies consist of things like getting revenge on people who have hurt her. I do not think Ni or Ne are top functions.

  8. #38
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    She could be ISTJ. She is not an IxFP. What torture and misery for a little Fi dom to find security in laws and rules. I don't think so. Her focus on being well behaved is too structured.
    this. not a Perceiver by any stretch of the imagination

    I also believe her when she says she has no grand vision, and mostly cares about things that immediately concern her and people she knows, and her fantasies consist of things like getting revenge on people who have hurt her. I do not think Ni or Ne are top functions.
    you have a point.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #39
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    @lume,

    I agree with everything @Marmotini says here. I would definitely recommend reading Jung's description of Si. It is so, so different than the MBTI ones! MBTI is really terrible when it comes to describing the dominant introverted perceivers. Here's the link she mentioned: http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

    I would also add that my dad is an ISTJ and very much a unique person. Definitely don't go by the percentage frequencies of type. It means nothing. Also, I noticed you were under the impression that 'sensors' are not as smart as 'intuitives'. Not remotely true, although I know people will like to tell you that. For example, two of my close friends in high school went to Ivy League schools and got the highest grades in the class and they are ISTJ and ISFJ. Meanwhile, my math abilities are those of an eleven year old. (And my daughter who I suspect of being an ISxJ is a math whiz as well as an excellent writer.)

    It's entirely possible that you are an ISTJ who is stuck in an introverted Si-Fi situation. That may be why people were thinking IXFP for you.
    Last edited by brainheart; 10-24-2013 at 04:53 PM.

  10. #40
    Senior Member PimpinMcBoltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I don't think anything that could be said here would be conclusive to any sort of typing. IMO, you can easily say that most of what you describe fits with a lot of people who have vastly different perspectives than what you have.

    All I can say is introvert really.
    Phelgmatic-Jewish-Communist-Islamic-Transethnic-Asexual-National Socialist

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-23-2017, 09:54 PM
  2. Confused about my type
    By arth96 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-30-2017, 02:00 PM
  3. So confused about my type, HELP ME
    By kathleen in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-20-2016, 10:13 AM
  4. confused about my type
    By garbagelid in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-04-2014, 05:35 PM
  5. I'm Confused about my Type
    By nickia in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 03:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO